PDA

View Full Version : Misery...

catnapper
05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I have strep throat AND brochitis. I've coughed so much that I swear my next cough will bring up my small intestines. My throat is on fire and I have a very rough voice thats on the verge of going silent. I'm on day 4 of my 5-day-Z-Pac..... and feel worse today than when I started it.

And tomorrow, I have to drive 2 hours from home for a training session for my job. Tomorrow's training session is HUGE. I'm training with the #1 designer in the northeast and we already have developed a great rapport over the phone. Last thing I need is to feel (and sound) like a walking dead person :(

If this training goes well.... at the end of the month I'll get a $4,000 raise. Just a little pressure to put on my sick self. :(

I left work early today. My boss's boss sent me home this afternoon and told me to rest up for tomorrow, and that he'll stop by to see how the training is going tomorrow afternoon :eek: :eek: I cancelled my puppy class tonight.

I have cough syrup with codeine and will be taking copious amounts of it tonight to ensure a good night's sleep for tomorrow. I was already stressing about what to wear and such... and now I have to wear adult "diapers" because my coughing is so bad that well.... use you're imagination :o (go ahead, laugh, everyone else is laughing their butts off about it today!)

Oh, the only good thing is my daughter is taking pity out on me and offered to buy me a Rita's Misto for my sore throat :)

Sevaede
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
*HUGS* I am sorry you're feeling so bad. :( Good vibes your way!

Good luck with your training! :D

Karen
05-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Wallow and sleep tonight, and tomorrow will be better!

Laura's Babies
05-24-2007, 07:33 PM
This may sound silly but I have heard it works... To stop your coughing, try rubbing vicks salve on your feet (not sure if its the tops bottoms or all over), and put on some cotton socks on when you go to bed..... then let us know if it works!

catnapper
05-24-2007, 08:01 PM
First I need some Vicks! LOL

Codeine cough syrup is starting to work its magic. No coughing the past half hour and I'm feeling all warm and sleepy. No couhing but I officially lost my voice, which hubby thinks is a hoot-and-a-half. He's doing everything he can to get me to yell at him (you know, like a little boy would do to his sister, where she'll say "Ma! He's touching me!" and he'd say "Am not!" :rolleyes: Do men ever grow up??? :rolleyes: ) my yells of protest is coming out as sqeaks.

Freedom
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Tomorrow, warm tea with honey. Take a bottle of honey with you if you have to.

After the training, home and to bed for the 3 day holiday - will that be possible for you? Sounds like just what you need.

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh you poor thing!!! *hugs* (from afar and very virtual... You don't need to add pneumonia to that.)

That cough syrup with codeine is a blessing!!! (Wish i could get more, but the only thing my insurance will cover is over the counter cough syrup. I've been using what i have left sparingly and only for my worst colds.)

kuhio98
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Kim ~ I'm so sorry you're sick. Is there anyway they can reschedule the training session. Maybe I'm a germaphobe, but if I was the #1 designer in the northeast, I would gladly reschedule and important training session or order not to be exposed to strep.

jenluckenbach
05-25-2007, 07:21 AM
OH Kim!!! I hope you feel better soon!

sirrahved
05-25-2007, 07:32 AM
http://files.somecodes.com/graphics/get-well-soon/prod_100_1190.gif

Donnaj4962
05-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I am so sorry you are sick. I feel for you, as I started with a sore throat and raspy voice (my boyfriend calls it sexy! :rolleyes: :eek: ) and a cough on Monday. Yesterday it was a full on cold with stuffy nose, still coughing, and ear aches. Sounds like you have it MUCH worse. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Your comrade in the sniffles.... Donna

moosmom
05-25-2007, 10:51 AM
:( Ouchie!! :(

So, I guess that means we can't TALK for a while??? :p

Feel better, girl!

jenluckenbach
05-26-2007, 09:26 AM
SO?? What happened?? How did it go? How are you?

catnapper
05-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Ah, I forgot all about how it went yesterday. I was sooo close to calling out at 6:30 in the morning but didn't want to because I thought a bad impression was worse than how I felt.

I took oodles of sinus meds and went. Thankfully I didn't have to do much talking, and what I did say was very squeaky. I still can't talk very well.... Jen and Donna want me to call you so you can hear how pathetic I sound? LOL

jenluckenbach
05-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Jen and Donna want me to call you so you can hear how pathetic I sound? LOL
No thanks, I don't want to ruin that PERFECT image I have of you. (LOL) :p