PDA

View Full Version : I am so sorry................

DrKym
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM
as most of you know by now Cricket and Katie have passed.
I have been through every single change or issue they may have had in home. The hardest call I ever had to make was to their mom and tell her they didn't make it.
My vet is still clueless. Penny will be picking up her amazing boy Gatsby on Friday.

I feel as if somehow I let these 2 amazing girls down. However I know somewhere deep that I didn't. I wish I had answers for their amazong mom. I wish my vet did. I wish that I never had to make that call on Friday.

As many of you know I am not if the Christian persuasion, although I teach ancient Religion. On the day tha t her cats passed a 6 week old tailless by birth tabby arrived in riescue, we as a family have gifted it and it's life long vet care. What are the chances of that happening? In 20 yrs of cat rescue a fully tailless non manx kitten has happened only once before. I feel that the universe was trying to comfort Penny in her time of loss. I also feel that his arrival was an omen to not continue to berate myself over the deaths.

Pemmy as I told you I am so sorry, I wish I knew what happened and I wish I could have known this would happen. Please forgive me.

Prairie Purrs
05-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Kym, you and Jas came to my cats' rescue during a horrible, stressful time. If I had still had the cats in my house in Denver when the city inspectors came through, I'm certain that the inspectors would have taken them away.

We just don't know what happened with Katie and Cricket. I do know that you loved them and took care of them as if they were your own, and you did everything that could have been done to try to save them. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this shock and sadness. It wasn't your fault, and there's nothing to forgive.

If all goes smoothly, I'll have a new home soon and can gather the scattered clan back together--including baby tabby boy Calawahake, who is a gift in every sense and an absolute sweetie. The house I've found has several huge walk-in closets that I expect will become feline havens, a staircase to run up and down, and a bay window for looking out and sunning.

I don't know why Katie and Cricket had to leave. Whatever happened can't be explained and certainly couldn't have been predicted. I'm certain, though, that they'll be watching over both our households and the creatures therein.

kt_luvs_kitties
05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
This is so tragic for all involved :(

RIP sweet Katie and Cricket

moosmom
05-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Kym,

You have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for. You did EVERYTHING you possibly could for those precious babies. You also went above and beyond, in my opinion.

Cricket and Katie finally realized the love they so deserved. You and Jas are to be commended for what you did, not only for Cricket and Katie, but for the rest of Penny's cat as well.

I'm just thankful that whatever it was that took Cricket and Katie, didn't affect YOUR cats as well. That surely would've been a catastrophe.

Love and hugs,

Donna and crew

shais_mom
05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry for BOTH of your losses..

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2007, 12:25 AM
I am deeply sorry for all involved. Katie and Cricket must have important jobs at the Bridge. And they got to go together.

Prairie Purrs
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I need to offer apologies here to Kym and Jas, for not reacting quickly enough to spare them from having to take care of Katie and Cricket at the end. Frankly, I was in complete shock and denial after Kym's first call, and I didn't know what was happening, and it happened so fast. My confusion and slow reaction cost me the chance to say goodbye to my girls, and I'll never forgive myself for that.

DrKym
05-24-2007, 09:46 AM
No apologies necessary Penny, I was honored to care for the girls, and I am still honored that they warmed up and became a part of this family. If even for a short time. Katie had Catitude! and Cricket became the best bud of a small boy, even to sharing his cheetos.

I truly felt that with them being sent home to be cared for they had a fighting chance, I wish we had answers, but I am grateful that everyone else is fine, that the bloodwork on them came back normal. We may never know what took the girls, but I do know they were loved and cherished their entire lives. Thank you for letting us be a part of their lives. Our lives are better for having known them.

Kym and Jas
and the Crew

jennielynn1970
05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
How sad for both sides involved. I cannot imagine being in either of your places, except that I do have Ally cat, and for all she's done, I would hate to have something happen to her.

I hope the vet can figure out what happened, and at least ease your minds that it won't happen to any of the other cats in the home. That would just be horrible.

Play hard at the bridge girls, and keep an eye out on your meowmie... she's having a rough time right now. :(

Prairie Purrs
05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Play hard at the bridge girls, and keep an eye out on your meowmie... she's having a rough time right now. :(

Thank you for that.

Kiri (who's still slowly recovering) jumped onto the bed last night and--for the first time ever in her 13 years--curled up on my upturned hip as I lay on my side. My RB Keke always used to do that, and that was Katie's preferred sleeping spot as well. I didn't know whether Kiri was delivering a message from Katie or whether she was telling me that she's going to be the next to go to the Bridge.

I've tried to do my best for them all, but I'm just not handling things well. I'm pretty much a zombie at this point.

moosmom
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Penny. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Prairie Purrs
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Penny. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Thank you. The shock is very slowly wearing off, and I'm kind of losing it today.

phesina
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm so very very sorry for the tragedy and heartbreak you and the wonderful Drs. Goodnow have been through. My very deepest sympathy.

Hugs with tears,
Pat

catmandu
05-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Theres a line in the Rubyiat of Omar Kyham which simply says that once something had happened that its happened.
And neither your tears or entreaties can change a thing.
I still think what if when a Found Cat passes on, its natural to wonder what if I had done something different.
But once they are Angels its pointless to second guess yourself.
You did the best that you could and Katie and Cricket are grateful for the LOVE and COMPANIONSHIP that you shared.
And are waiting for You in Paradise to see you once more.
One Fine Day.

DrKym
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Theres a line in the Rubyiat of Omar Kyham which simply says that once something had happened that its happened.
And neither your tears or entreaties can change a thing.
I still think what if when a Found Cat passes on, its natural to wonder what if I had done something different.
But once they are Angels its pointless to second guess yourself.
You did the best that you could and Katie and Cricket are grateful for the LOVE and COMPANIONSHIP that you shared.
And are waiting for You in Paradise to see you once more.
One Fine Day.
Gary why is it you can always make me feel less the troll and more the Lady? Thank you. You are an Amazing friend and we all here in this household are blessed to call you that.

One fine day I hope to see these 2 girls again, I know their Mom adored them and I hope they knew they were as adored here.

Love
Kym

catmandu
05-25-2007, 09:46 AM
I remember my Mother saying that when we lost one of Our Cats that wedo the best that we can for them and are thier Friends as long as they are with us.
In those days Our Cats didnt last as long as they were outdoor Cats as Cats didnt live in the house back then. And she would say a prayer when a Cat didnt come home and she would say that it was someone else turn from the SPCA to be a Loved Cat.
Thank You for those kind words , I feel honored by them and My Dear Mother is pleased that the lessons she taught me about kindess are a part of me.
Thank You So Much.

Blue_Frog
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Awww -- Kym, don't beat yourself up ... you tried your hardest for those girls, and if even the Vet doesn't know what happened, then how can you? It was their time to go, and they were some of the lucky ones to have so many people in their lives that loved them :)

CatsinDenver -- I'm sorry for your loss of your kitties :(