PDA

View Full Version : I know I complain alot but...*rant*

Alysser
05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I DON'T understand why some people in my family have a PROBLEM WITH what I freakin' wear or what I like. Just now, my sister came into my room to borrow a shirt for a dance, she was going through all my draws and a majority of the shirts are band shirts. I got them at Hot topic or some concerts, and I wear them very often. I also have alot of ugly shirts that I prefer not to wear, my mom bought them for me and I just don't like them...anyway me and my sister have very different styles. What I like is ugly to her, and what she likes is ugly to me. She has a style like my moms. She goes to me "WHY do you where all these ugly boy shirts??". I didn't pay much attention and just ignored her but then she goes onto say "All the bands you like suck!"

I kicked her outof my room, or my mom did. My parents both fully support me with what I wear because they know it is what I like. She continually remarks about music on myspace. JUST because she doesn't like, My chemical romance doesn't mean I care. SHE tells me they suck everyday. I AM so sick of her CRAP!! ugh, she needs to stop being so conceded. I hate her style but I don't say anything about it. If I like wearing band shirts, well just get over it then.

It doesn't end here with her. My sister bugs me about other things to. She tells me I need to stop being so lazy with grades, yet today she got a D+ on her progress report. She also says I hang out with my friends too much and I act immature. I do hang out wit people everyday and I do act immature almost 90% of the time with my friends, but we don't bother anyone. We just make jokes and stuff about one another. We don't shout at passing people or anything. We just talk to each other, and do stupid things with EACH other we never bother anyone else. IF I do enjoy hanging with friends, it's none of her business! It's something I enjoy doing.

Nope, still not done here. :rolleyes: She complains about me arguing and talking back to my parents and when she is where me and my parents are fighting she tell me to be quiet. OK, I admit it. I don't always obey my parents and we fight ALOT, and I am very argumentive. But today, my parents were questioning her D+ and she starts screaming, while they are telling her to stop she doesn't listen. Such a hypocrite.

I don't know how I am related to her, she is so opposite of me. I wish we could work out our problems in some way.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Karen
05-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Ten years from now, I bet your relationship will be much different. Right now, though, you're both working on becoming who you are gonna be, so conflict is pretty much inevitable.

It's okay to vent, no problem!

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 03:22 AM
*hugs*

Pawsitive Thinking
05-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Sounds like a perfectly normal sibling relationship to me :D

Alysser
05-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Thanks guys, she just called me immature because I go on roller coasters. :p I am confused on that, because I don't get what roller coasters has to do with immaturity. I am thinking about not letting her in my room anymore until she stops, it would teach her a lesson since she comes in every waking moment to find clothes or shoes. So we'll see how this works. ;)

JenBKR
05-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Is your sister older or younger? My relationship with my sister was quite similar when I was your age. She's 2 1/2 years younger than me, and she always dressed what I called 'prissy.' I was the t-shirt and jeans kinda gal (still am haha). My mom's style is a lot like my sister's. I just want to be comfortable, I really don't care much how it looks. Sis and I sure didn't get along at time, we are so different on so many levels. After I moved out of my parents' house, we got really close. It's funny how much our relationship changed when we didn't live together anymore ;) I know it's not easy, but you'll get through it. ((((hugs))))

mruffruff
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
My sister is 13 years younger than I am. I moved out when I was 18 and she was 5. I was the oldest, she was the youngest. And she was the spoiled brat!!!

We had very little contact though the years. She had her life, I had mine. I moved from Michigan to Ohio and then to South Carolina.

After 46 years, she moved to my town. We found we are a lot alike and are now best friends :D

Never thought that would happen.

Your room should be off limits to her unless you invite her in (and vice versa!).
She should respect you as long as you respect her, too.

Argranade
05-24-2007, 08:58 AM
That sucks,

If it was not for un - mature people this earth would be lame.

I like band shirts but in the girl styles, but what does it matter to your sister?

Why does she not go buy her own clothes?

If my brother said a band I liked sucked I would tell him '' Well at least they don't suck as much as your face does'' Hahahahha! then I would start swearing.... yeah I know it does not solve the problem but I'm no family helping expert lol. I dout your like me so ... just keep your room door locked or somthing?

Sorry.

Chilli
05-24-2007, 09:54 AM
I've gone through this with my sister. =D
Years ago my sister(four years older than me) did the exact same thing to me. The awesome thing about it was that I had a lock on my bedroom door and she didn't have one on hers, so I took it upon myself to ban her from my room. We often bickered, still, but atleast she wasn't invading my "territory". Afterall, we had totally different styles and tastes in music. She was an all A student, and I always made C's & D's(Its still that way! :D). Overall, we just didn't clash. We just learned to keep our distance from eachother.

Ever since my sister got out of highschool, we have become best friends. She acts just as immature as me at times. Her group of friends and mine hang out all the time, almost every afternoon. I know my sister doesn't like some bands I listen to, and I don't like some of the stuff she listens to. We just hold our tongues and get over it.

Haha, so i guess what I'm trying to say is to just hold it out. Keep your distance & get to a point where your sister can't get under your skin. Don't let her know that what she does gets you mad. =D
(((hugs))) Sisters can be sucha big pain sometimes.

mike001
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Gave me such a good laugh. Sounds like your typical sibling relationship to me...lol. You guys will be so glad to have each other when you get older. Your sis doesn't hate you and you don't hate your sis. Think of life without her and you'll feel differently. in a few years anyway.

king2005
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Completely normal as odd as it sounds. My sister use to fight all the time, to the point we tried killing each other. We were nasty nasty nasty!! After the BIG fist fight the stupid war was pretty much over... I was always the laid back tomboy & she was ummm girly but wore too little if you catch my drift. After I beat the snot out of her (blood, black eye, loose teeth, it was BAD!) she layed off a lot. but was still stealing & being annoying to me.

I moved out for college. We still couldn't stay in the same room for long... I moved to Toronto & She went to College in Kingston.

We started to get a long a lot better. She ran into some financial issues & I lent a hand (it was small as I was poor myself).

This past xmas we were stuck to each other like glue, while visiting dad in PEI. We shared a bed & went for night walks & did nothing but talk & goof off.

My dad said something before we left. He said he doesn't know where on earth his 2 daughtors went, but he LOVES these new ones that are awesome friends!! My sister is 22 & I'll be 25 soon. it took 22yrs for us to get a long.

Lately I've been in a lot of financial trouble. I've tried hard to survive, but I failed BAD!

Yesterday I was in a panic cause I had NO money & was out of gas. I need to get to work & to my Bankruptcy meeting. So I got a hold of my sister & asked for 20.00 for gas.

She only had 15.00 in her account until next week. I told her to nevermind as i cannot take her last 15.00 bucks.. She made me take it as I needed it bad & she didn't. Well here I am at work & have 1/2 a tank of gas :D

Once you 2 move out into the world alone, things will change for the better. But in the mean time VENT, get it all out, makes ya feel lots better :D

Miss Z
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't know how I am related to her, she is so opposite of me. I wish we could work out our problems in some way.

Hehe, I ask myself the same thing every day, "How on earth are my brother and I related?" It's just one of life's rhetorical questions I suppose.

Meh, siblings. Who'd have 'em? ;) I'm sorry she makes you feel bad though. Rest assured she's probably jealous of something that you have other than clothes, so she feels the need to even the scores by degrading your styles.

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I think so far that is the best advice. Ask to have a meeting with your parents and your sister and ask for your room to be off limits to her unless you invite her in.

Your room should be off limits to her unless you invite her in (and vice versa!).
She should respect you as long as you respect her, too.

king2005
05-25-2007, 12:18 AM
I think so far that is the best advice. Ask to have a meeting with your parents and your sister and ask for your room to be off limits to her unless you invite her in.

My mom did the opposite... SHe gave my sister a BOLT & chain!! I wasn't allowed to have anything... so all my stuff kept getting stolen.. I lost both my NES + 30 games & hundreds of dollars :(

my mom never liked me

crow_noir
05-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Grrrr :mad: I can't stand parents like that. My best friend's mom was like that.

While the rest of the children got nice bedrooms upstairs he was given a mattress in the closet in the basement! It worked out to his advantage though because it afforded him some privacy. Still, if anything ever went wrong he got blamed for it.

My mom did the opposite... SHe gave my sister a BOLT & chain!! I wasn't allowed to have anything... so all my stuff kept getting stolen.. I lost both my NES + 30 games & hundreds of dollars :(

my mom never liked me

beeniesmom
05-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Hey!!! What's wrong with "my chemical romance"? I love them!!! :)
I gotta talk to that sister of yours. :p

Pawsitive Thinking
05-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Grrrr :mad: I can't stand parents like that. My best friend's mom was like that.

While the rest of the children got nice bedrooms upstairs he was given a mattress in the closet in the basement! It worked out to his advantage though because it afforded him some privacy. Still, if anything ever went wrong he got blamed for it.

How can people do that to their children??? I have a twin brother and our parents went out of their way to make sure we were treated equally. (Mum still does and we are 42 years old lol!!!)

Hellow
05-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I have a brother and we never get into a fight. (probably because he is 22 and would beat the living **** out of me!)