PDA

View Full Version : We FINALLY have a house!!!

AdoreMyDogs
07-14-2002, 09:53 PM
It is so beautiful and adorable that it was well worth the wait :) We made an offer on it yesterday and it went back and fourth with counters a few times and it was finally overwith today. They accepted our final offer. We close on August 6th :D :D :D

This has been taking up alot of my spare time. We have made offers on two other houses but for one reason or another the sellers never accepted our offer, but they did on this house and it's better then the other ones that we made offers on by a long shot!

I am relieved that it's over with, although it was a bit higher then we were hoping for but it is a fantastic house in a fantastic neighborhood. While it's getting inspected next week I'll take a few pics.

The back yard is not real big but it's big enough. Graham and Kersey will have to make due with what they have :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Congratulations!!!:) ;)

Fuzzy317
07-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on getting a house. I bought my first house in January of this year. I think having our back yard fenced for the dogs, was about the first thing we did. Now we have other things to do, then its a doggie door. This house is much bigger than the rental we came from, but thats good since we have 3 dogs and 4 cats.

Sudilar
07-14-2002, 10:32 PM
WOOHOO!! CONGRATULATIONS!

shais_mom
07-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful.
I know you will love it and so will Graham and Kersey!! Buying a house is so scary and exciting. When I bought mine I was beside myself!

zippy-kat
07-14-2002, 11:37 PM
congrats on the house!!

sammi
07-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Congrats. to you! You have been waiting for this moment for a long time. The pups will love it.;)

Pam
07-15-2002, 06:08 AM
Congratulations Leslie! This is so exciting for you I know! I remember my first house and I could hardly sleep at night thinking about it right after we signed the papers. I know Graham and Kersey will just love the yard, whatever the size. It will be their domain to patrol and keep the yard free of all those nasty critters (big bad squirrels and chipmunks! :D ). All of us at PT will feel so much better now knowing that Graham will not be in that apartment any more! :)

Logan
07-15-2002, 06:33 AM
Oh, Leslie, your dream is coming true! How exciting!!!! :D :D :D Isn't that a wonderful feeling? You will feel even better when you sign those papers and it really becomes yours!!! I am so happy for you!!! :)

purrley
07-15-2002, 06:47 AM
Hurray, Hurray - no more maintenance people comin in without notice causing havoc for you and your babies. I'm so thrilled for ya Leslie. Keep us posted on your settling in.;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-15-2002, 06:59 AM
Congrats, Leslie! I bet you are SOOOOO excited. Graham and Kersey will appreciate the back yard no matter how big or small it is!

ramanth
07-15-2002, 08:42 AM
CONGRATULATIONS LESLIE!!!!

Do I smell a housewarming puppy party soon? ;) :D

Are you in the same city or closer or farther now.....

CONGRATS!!!

tatsxxx11
07-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Oh Leslie, how terrrrrrrrrrrrrrific!!! I'm sure it's lovely!! What fun Grahamster and Kersey will have in their very own home!:) Whatever size the yard, it's THEIRS, with no wicked, unwelcomed workmen to wreck havoc!! Hip, hip, hoooooooray! We're so thrilled for you!! Can't wait till the big day! Love and hugs to Grahmster and Kersey from Sandra, Star and Cody!!

Cincy'sMom
07-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Congratulations! It was almost three years ago Ralph bought this house ( I was only a second opion, as we were dating at the time) It seems to take forever to find just the right one, with the fenced in yard, in your price range, and once you move in it will seem to take forever to get done the changes you wnt to make...but it is so much fun to do it! Good Luck!!!

Gepansy
07-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Congrats!

Kfamr
07-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Congratulations Leslie, Dan, Graham, and Kersey!

My brother is closing on a house in two weeks! I can't wait because it has an AWESOME lake [ actually it's like a big pond] and It has this cute little dock which will be AWESOME for takeing pics of Simba by the lake! It's a pretty cute house too... here are some pics I took of it, if you'd like.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pd960a457642fff5298c19b22509c9a38/fd87bc16.jpg

I went crazy takeing pics of the lake... ahh I love nature! Oh and the lake is FULL of fish... like every 5 seconds you see one jump i swear! Can someone say GONE FISHIN' ?

I think that dock would look a whole lot better with Sim sitting on it!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p0797490c71f6716da55218d982bd73d7/fd87bc1a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p8fdbf58920a52f8b50f460d5b93af08a/fd87bc1e.jpg

We're going to extend the dock though... It'll be a REALLY cool place to have a cook out... It's nice and cool out there too since theres alot of shade!

Once again, congrats to you!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I know you have to be soooo happy and RELIEVED!!!! When me and the hubby were looking for houses I thought I was going to go CRAZY!!!!
I am soo happy for you and Graham and Kersey !! Hope those pups like their new back yard!!!:D :D

KYS
07-15-2002, 08:23 PM
A big congratulations on your new house.
It will be so nice to have your own place.
When you are all moved in and settled
maybe you can share pictures.

lizbud
07-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Leslie,

So happy for you & Dan and the furkids,Graham & Kersey.
There's nothing like having your VERY OWN place. Congrats
to you all. Liz & Buddy.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Leslie, congratulations, I know you have waited a long time for this dream to come true, the pups will love it. I'm so glad for you.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

ramanth
07-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Kay Ann, your brother's new house looks wonderful! I'd love to live near that much water. :D

Dixieland Dancer
07-16-2002, 10:42 AM
Congratulations Leslie! I know you have been wanting this for quite some time. Best Wishes and Pictures please! We even like pictures of houses!!! Are we a strange group or what?? LOL

Albea
07-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Leslie!!! Graham and Kelsey will be so happy to have their own yard to play together. Not to say anything of how happy you and Don must be by getting out of that place which holds such bad memories for Graham.
Enjoy your house and your neighborhood.:D

lovemymaltese
07-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!:D :) :D :) :D

lovemymaltese
07-16-2002, 12:47 PM
P.S I have a camaro too, but mine is blue.

Rachel
07-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Leslie, I am so thrilled for you. This is the best news I have heard since......(sorry I can't divulge that one)..

Hannah and Tucker, Dear Husband and I are all just elated, as I know your Mom must be too. Congratulations to you and Dan. I know you are going to be so eager to move in and have all the fun of making it your own. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Kay Ann, your brother's house is wonderful. I hope you and Simba get to spend a lot of time there. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Rottieluver45
07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Congrats on the new House!!!!

Karen
07-16-2002, 06:12 PM
I am sooo happy for you and especially for Graham's sake, to be able to move out of that place where such an awful thing happened!

Congratulations - and a yard! What could be better than a yard with two grinning dogs in it! Yay! Congratulations again!

AmberLee
07-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Congratulations! What a relief for you both. I bet the dogs will love having 'their own' yard. I'm thrilled for you.

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Thank you everyone :) I am amazed at how adorable it is. When we were headed down the street I was thinking, "this is WAY out of our price range" because the whole neighborhood is so gorgeous. It's on a cul-de-sac boulevard with huge, old trees and the streets are pretty well covered in lush canopy. The house is better then we ever imagined, and more then we could have afforded if the circumstances were not so against the seller. His job was transferred to New York and so he has been out of state, trying to sell the house for 3-1/2 months and we found out that the seller brought the price down for the 2nd time the very day we made an offer! Otherwise we just couldn't have afforded it. We were going to have to get a privacy fenced put up around the entire yard but lucky us, there's already one up and it's brand new and very nice looking. Kersey can and will jump cyclone fences to visit with other dogs and other people...she's quite the social butterfly :)

Kimmy, it's further south then where I am now and where Andy's parents are. Maybe 20 or so minutes. I would love to have you, Andy, and Kia over anytime! I am sorry for not being on much since our meeting at the Bark Park. I have honestly been swamped with vacations, house hunting, mortgage stuff, Kersey's obedience and agility classes, Graham's therapy work. I have not even been back to Bark Park since you, Andy, Kia and my pups went that one time. I am still a bit traumatized at the thought of Graham being drowned. I had nightmares about it for 2 nights in a row! Anyway, the new house is in Berkley, walking distance from Westborn market, which is on Woodward. Do you know where that is? And if you are into classic cars at all, late August there's the "Woodward Cruise" which you may have heard about. It's fun if you are into classic cars, but not sure if you are...we're not really but we'll check it out since we'll be close. If you like classic cars then you may love the Woodward Cruise. People come from all around to take part in the Woodward Cruise. Let me know if that's something you and Andy like to do and you'll have to come over for a little Woodward Cruise Party at my place :)

I'll give you my new number once we get it in a few weeks or so.

And KayAnn, that house of your brothers' is SO pretty! The lake property houses here in Michigan are really expensive. Even houses that are basically dumps are way too expensive, and a house that looks like his would be prime (and expensive!!!) real estate! I can imagine that sitting out on that dock is so peaceful and tranquil. Tell him congrats :)

Today I requested my "notice of intent to vacate" from the office here at the complex I live in. It felt good. I will LOVE handing in the paper with my vacate date printed on it :) I dislike it here so much. It'll be fantastic to get out of here. I think the dogs are going to be glad too. I do know that Kersey will be glad to spend more time outside in the fenced in back yard. It will also be nice to have more room. With Dan and I and Graham and Kersey, it's a bit crowded. This place is good sized for an apartment, but not an apartment with two adults and two big dogs, one of which is rather active and always in my face and under my feet wherever I go :)

Thank you again, everyone :) Thank you so much. I truly feel like you are my close friends and being able to share this joyous news with you, and having you respond with such happiness makes me glad to have you as friends.

delidog
07-16-2002, 08:57 PM
dear leslie,dan,graham and kersey!!!!
i am sorry that i am a little late congratulating you....but the thought is still there...
i am so relieved that graham can finally have his own yard...(and kersey too!!!)
i just cannot forget the terrible incident with the maintenance guy!!!
now you have your own forever home for you,dan and the furkids!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

aly
07-17-2002, 12:46 AM
YAY! Congrats Leslie! I am very jealous. I need a house because it is *really* crowded in my place with all of my fosters. I can't wait to see pictures of Graham and Kersey in their new place :)

ramanth
07-17-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Kimmy, it's further south then where I am now and where Andy's parents are. Maybe 20 or so minutes.
Okay. Let me look at the map here......

I am sorry for not being on much since our meeting at the Bark Park. I have honestly been swamped with vacations, house hunting, mortgage stuff, Kersey's obedience and agility classes, Graham's therapy work.
No need to appologize! I've been busy myself. Two more weeks and then my summer math class is over! :D

I have not even been back to Bark Park since you, Andy, Kia and my pups went that one time. I am still a bit traumatized at the thought of Graham being drowned. I had nightmares about it for 2 nights in a row!
I don't blame you! I was shocked still and berated myself later for it. I would of dove in after Graham had he not gotten away.

I was PISSED at that guys attitude. :mad:

Anyway, the new house is in Berkley, walking distance from Westborn market, which is on Woodward. Do you know where that is?
The name is familier... let me consult the map (Andy). ;) :D

And if you are into classic cars at all, late August there's the "Woodward Cruise" which you may have heard about. Let me know if that's something you and Andy like to do and you'll have to come over for a little Woodward Cruise Party at my place :)
I love Classic Car shows. :) I guess it really depends date wise, when it is. Labor Day weekend, Andy and I will be in Atlanta, GA.

I'll give you my new number once we get it in a few weeks or so.
I look forward to it. :)

Crikit
07-17-2002, 09:00 PM
WOO HOO Congrats Leslie!