PDA

View Full Version : I hate having atrial fibrilation!

davidpizzica
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Atrial fibrillation is where the top half of my heart isn't beating with the rest of my heart resulting in an irregular heartbeat. I hate being more tired and being short of breath because my heart isn't pumping enough blood. I also have to take Coumadin for a blood thinner to take care of any blood clots that might form. I have to have my blood tested twice a week for the next six months! This disease is the pits, but I'm still alive and on PT!

Hellow
05-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Hope you are well soom!

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Oh that bites!

My condition is only occasional. I know how much it hurts. I can't imagine living with it constantly (an irregular heartbeat.)

My prayers for you that something helpful can be done.

Atrial fibrillation is where the top half of my heart isn't beating with the rest of my heart resulting in an irregular heartbeat. I hate being more tired and being short of breath because my heart isn't pumping enough blood. I also have to take Coumadin for a blood thinner to take care of any blood clots that might form. I have to have my blood tested twice a week for the next six months! This disease is the pits, but I'm still alive and on PT!

gemini9961
05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Take it easy on yourself David, cardiac problems are nothing to mess with. Take your meds as prescribed so we can continue to enjoy your stories here on PT. :)

cassiesmom
05-24-2007, 10:01 PM
David, my dad underwent cardioversion last fall. He developed atrial fib after coronary artery bypass surgery. He came through it fine and is just about at the end of being on Coumadin - I think he has about 6 or 8 more weeks to go. I hope that it will work as well for you!