PDA

View Full Version : has anybody bought a dog from here?

kittyxlOver
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey I was wondering if anybody ever bought a dog from this website http://www.puppiesforsalebynet.com/index.htm I really want to get one but they are to expensive :( but arn't they adorable. I recommend this site though just from reading peoples comments.

JenBKR
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
How sad :( All those different breeds that they are selling.....looks like a puppy mill. No, I would not personally EVER buy from them :(

kittyxlOver
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I have never had experience with dog websites and never heard of a puppy mill. wow it sounds bad :/

JenBKR
05-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Puppy mills are basically where mass amounts of dogs are produced for money. The necessary health testing is usually not done in those cases. They typically produce a lot of sick dogs. That is where pet store get the dogs that they sell (not when the animals are adopted, that is completely different). There are many reputable breeders out there, and I am sure that many have websites. I didn't look at this one fully but going by how many different breeds they offer, I would have to say puppy mill. A reputable breeder would not deal in that many breeds, IMO. They usually specialize.

kittyxlOver
05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
thank you for telling me this. I had no clue but just by reading the comments from people that bought them I thought that it was a great site also celebs bought them and the donations they make really make you think that they are a good site.

king2005
05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Puppy mills are basically where mass amounts of dogs are produced for money. The necessary health testing is usually not done in those cases. They typically produce a lot of sick dogs. That is where pet store get the dogs that they sell (not when the animals are adopted, that is completely different). There are many reputable breeders out there, and I am sure that many have websites. I didn't look at this one fully but going by how many different breeds they offer, I would have to say puppy mill. A reputable breeder would not deal in that many breeds, IMO. They usually specialize.

You hit the nail onthe head!

kittyxlOver you will learn a lot from being here. Please educate yourself on Puppy Mills, Back Yard Breeders, Pet stores & Special breeds.

IrishSetterGurl
05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
OMG they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry but I never bought a dog there and now seeing them cute faces I want to get on lol

Lady's Human
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a mill. They have mixed breeds, extreme sizes ("pocket" poodles") etc.

king2005
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
thank you for telling me this. I had no clue but just by reading the comments from people that bought them I thought that it was a great site also celebs bought them and the donations they make really make you think that they are a good site.

Remember a lot of Celebs. are human & do a lot of STUPID things lol

Too many people ooo & awww over a cute little puppy, yet know nothing of their care.

Look at all the stupid in China that bought Lambs thinking it was a poodle! :rolleyes: <- guys that was a real story right?? Kinda questioning myself now :P

kittyxlOver
05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
thank you guys you taught me a lot that i did not know much about puppy mills. I acutally had one in my neighborhood across from a mall when i was around 5 he had all sick puppies everytime i walked in there with my mom they just looked ill. He ended up getting caught I think he is in jail for it.

Thanks again but I will deffiently do more investigating on that site.

Thanks Everybody again!!

JenBKR
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
You're welcome - you really will learn a lot here, I sure have :)

buttercup132
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
It's one of Wizardofpaws stupid websites. They are by far one of the WORST puppymills ever. Makes me sick.

Please don't get a dog from here get one from a shelter..

king2005
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
It's one of Wizardofpaws stupid websites. They are by far one of the WORST puppymills ever. Makes me sick.

Or a GOOD breeder :)
But a shelter is still best :D

VVVV Bear is fromt he shelter & Shes an AWESOME DOG! But shes more then likely from a backyard breeder as there is no way shes pure & she has health issues.. But she didn't deserve to die or live in a small cage. So we took her home! That fat beast sleeps with me every night.. She snores, but I still love her

*LabLoverKEB*
05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
:( This just makes me SICK to my stomach... I cannot even begin to explain how mad & pissed these kinda of people make me. My one wish is that puppy mills didn't ever exist. :mad: :mad: :mad:

kittyxlOver
05-23-2007, 07:00 PM

I wouldn't even be able to if I wanted to because they are so expensive and I really wouldn't by a dog from over the computer. I would rather get one from a shelter or a breeder.

KittyGurl
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
OMG they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry but I never bought a dog there and now seeing them cute faces I want to get on lol

Aly, um... how do I say this. The dogs on the web site are sick and that site is a puppy mill. If you want a dog from there, you are weird. If you don't read this I'll tell you tomorrow at school. :p

Freedom
05-23-2007, 07:48 PM
That website screams out puppy mill all over it.

Shelters and rescues are wonderful places to find dogs and puppies. And the ehalth is much better.

When you buy from a mill, the puppy may or may not be healthy; but the parents are treated horribly, they are just investment assets in a business. The parents don't get vet care at all. I could give you links to info about puppy mills, but it WILL make you cry. It is horrible.

Puppy mills are legal in 7 states in the US right now. UGH!

If / when you are ready to get a dog, we here at Pet Talk can direct you to rescues and such. If you want a chihuahua, do a google search for chihuahua rescue. Or go to a rescue like www.hua.org!
(Hearts United for Animals - hua)

luvofallhorses
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I would never buy a dog online, period or from a breeder no matter how good the breeder is there are too many homeless dogs out there. I'd rather adopt. We have what people would call a "cockapoo" (cocker spaniel/poodle) at the shelter where I volunteer and he's the cutest thing! Atleast when someone adopts him, they won't be buying him they will be ADOPTING him! :)