PDA

View Full Version : Any weight loss updates?

king2005
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Mine was bad, then good & now really good!

Recap:
I lost about 50lb+ in 2 months, as I was dirt poor & couldn't afford to eat... that was bad, but it allowed me to drop a lot of bad weight. Then I met Chad & Andrew & lost a little more weight, then started putting some on around xmas, as I was eatting larger meals & take out.

The past month I wasn't too happy with not loosing any weight, but I wasn't gaining so thats good!

The past couple weeks, I have changed my diet for the better & I'm feeling healthier in general... The past couple months I've been hanging out with my new group of friends & they are fairly active & love walking all over downtown toronto. So I get out often. Now that the weather is warmer, I joined our company baseball team & my new group of friends like to play sports/outdoor games... We played frisbee for HOURS on sat...

I have noticed that my tummy is getting much smaller :D I burn energy like crazy, so loosing weight has never been a huge issue, its being active that has been.

I had to get the belt out again lol
Having my pants hanging too low at work, itsn't a good thing hehehe... They only thing I'm bumbed about is that my fav. snake ring is starting to fall off my finger :( I'm no longer an 8, I think I'm almost a 7 now :D

So how are you other ladies doing? I know there was a few of us doing the weight loss thing.

JenBKR
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Good for you Jess! Well, I was doing pretty good and lost about 25 pounds or so and was feeling great. Then of course I got pregnant and had to change my diet, and my belly is getting bigger...but I am ok with that considering the baby has to grow haha.

king2005
05-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Good for you Jess! Well, I was doing pretty good and lost about 25 pounds or so and was feeling great. Then of course I got pregnant and had to change my diet, and my belly is getting bigger...but I am ok with that considering the baby has to grow haha.

Thank you :D

I don't think you'll have any issues loosing the baby fat (lol love that joke) once the little one is ready to come out :)

Kalei
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I really want to lose about 15 pounds but I have such a hard time staying away from my favorite thing...which is chocolate...which is so high in calories...I really want to stop eating it soo much, does anyone have any good ideas on how to discipline myself to not grab the chocolate?

Scooter's Mom
05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Kalei, when you want chocolate, try this.

Tell yourself, "I will wait 30 minutes and if I still really want the chocolate, I will get it then." I do that and usually after 30 minutes the craving has passed.

Also, I've read that it takes 3 weeks to break a habit. So if you can go 3 weeks without it, you're on a great path!

Kalei
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Really? Thanks so much! I will try the 30 second thing, it just may work:)

And I forgot to congratulate you guys for your weight loss, you're all doing great:D

Scooter's Mom
05-22-2007, 03:24 PM
hehe, 30 minutes. 30 seconds would never work for me! It takes me longer than that to walk to the candy machine at work. :)

Kalei
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
hehe, 30 minutes. 30 seconds would never work for me! It takes me longer than that to walk to the candy machine at work. :)

Ahaha sorry, I mean 30 minutes, yeah your right, and 30 seconds wouldn't get rid of my craving either, lol but 30 minutes might:)

Blue_Frog
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I think that I might be up about 10lbs in the last couple months. I blame too much travel for work, bad food and not enough gym. ;)

For sugars in general, a friend once told me that if you dont eat ANY sugar for 3 days, the cravings will get really bad, but then by the end of the week you wont want sugar anymore. I tried it, and it seemed to work for me. Unfortunately, i fell off the band wagon due to Gummy worms ... so maybe I'll try to stop eating sugar again.

Also, one thing that really works for me is to stop eating Breads (anything with wheat actually) -- my sister dropped about 50lbs from not eating any wheat at all, and when i stopped eating bread, i was down about 30lbs. Yeah, travelling too much = subs and quick foods. I also generally feel a lot better when i dont eat the breads and sugars :)

Kalei
05-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I think that I might be up about 10lbs in the last couple months. I blame too much travel for work, bad food and not enough gym. ;)

For sugars in general, a friend once told me that if you dont eat ANY sugar for 3 days, the cravings will get really bad, but then by the end of the week you wont want sugar anymore. I tried it, and it seemed to work for me. Unfortunately, i fell off the band wagon due to Gummy worms ... so maybe I'll try to stop eating sugar again.

Also, one thing that really works for me is to stop eating Breads (anything with wheat actually) -- my sister dropped about 50lbs from not eating any wheat at all, and when i stopped eating bread, i was down about 30lbs. Yeah, travelling too much = subs and quick foods. I also generally feel a lot better when i dont eat the breads and sugars :)

Wow I didn't now that bread can be that bad for you...wheat is almost in everything, was there anything in general that you started eating more of to cover the loss of the wheat?

Blue_Frog
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow I didn't now that bread can be that bad for you...wheat is almost in everything, was there anything in general that you started eating more of to cover the loss of the wheat?
Rice -- rice pasta instead of wheat with tomato sauce, rice wraps instead of wheat wraps for sandwiches, umm... what else *thinking* -- dill pickle rice chips instead of regular potato chips. Things like that -- for me its the wheat, but its not everyone. I think i just have an intolerance for it, and it makes me hold weight and also makes me feel slightly sickish.

king2005
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Not bread!!!
Poo, maybe I'll drop that food item *runs away crying*.

Rice is ok right?? Cause I cannot drop that, I'll starve to death :(

I have 2 more dinners worth of the Banana Pepper Soup I invented & 5 days worth of KD.... ya exciting KD :rolleyes:

I'll be able to buy yummier foods when i get paid on fri.. like VEGGIES!! OMG I want veggies sooo bad right now... darn bank accout & only having 5.00 & darn Car wanting that 5.00 for gas lol

This is my first week without an IceCap & I do feel a lot better, but I also feel a lot hungrier! for the first time I woke up hungry, like really really hungry.. I never wake up hungry... so I've been hungry all day today & I'm not use to that... hopefully that'll go away soo, as feeling hungry sucks.

Scooter's Mom
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
What is an icecap?

king2005
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
What is an icecap?

its crushed ice, coffee & milk or cream... you get them at Tim Hortons... other coffee shops have them, but they are called other things & cost twice as much lol

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Kalei, when you want chocolate, try this.

Tell yourself, "I will wait 30 minutes and if I still really want the chocolate, I will get it then." I do that and usually after 30 minutes the craving has passed.

Also, I've read that it takes 3 weeks to break a habit. So if you can go 3 weeks without it, you're on a great path!

Wow!! Great idea!! I go crazy for a bit of chocolate!
I started following a 1200 calories diet, prescribed for me by a dietician. After 2 weeks I managed to get rid of 5 pounds! I am so proud and even MORE motivated now!!

king2005
05-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Wow!! Great idea!! I go crazy for a bit of chocolate!
I started following a 1200 calories diet, prescribed for me by a dietician. After 2 weeks I managed to get rid of 5 pounds! I am so proud and even MORE motivated now!!

Congrats!!! :D
Keep up the good work!

mruffruff
05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I went on a self-inflicted diet of 1200 calories last July. I lost 26 pounds by November. I rely on a single hard boiled egg and three cups of coffee before noon, a 300 calorie prepared lunch and about 500 calories for dinner. I still get some chocolate, but just a couple of Hershey kisses instead of a candy bar. I wrote everything (and I mean everything!!) on a pad so I knew when I could afford a treat. I drink a lot of water, both with my meals and in between. I found that I like Wal-Mart brand of flavored water better than any other so I don't mind drinking a lot.

I am holding my weight steady but no longer "count". I can pretty well guess when I'm overdoing. My diet is heavy on vegetables, especially brocolli. Good thing I like vegetables.

I still go out every Saturday night and eat too much. When I get serious about dropping the next 10 pounds, I'll start counting again.

With summer here, I get outside and work off a few more calories. No regular exercises though.