PDA

View Full Version : Duke got a booboo!

critter crazy
05-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Poor Baby! I was in the kitchen, on the phone, duke came in, walked under the table, then just started screaming his head off. So I dropped the phone, and tried to figure out what was wrong. Duke was holding his one back paw up. So I had him lay down, lifted his foot up, there is the center of his paw was a thumbtack! It didnt go in all the way, but went in pretty good. I pulled it out, and put antibacterial cream on it. There was a little blood at first, but not much and has since stopped. Duke is walking fine now, and is back to being his happy self, running around! Poor Bay tho, I know how bad that sucks, I have done the same thing numerous times! Owwww..... I have no Idea where the Thumbtack came from, but wouldnt put it past the terrible twosome, Mocha nd Loki! Definitely seems like something they would do!:rolleyes:

pitc9
05-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Ouch!! :eek:
Poor Baby!
I think that calls for extra tummy rubs! :p

Karen
05-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Awww, poor Duke! Give him a kiss from us!

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Poor Duke. I hope your booboo feels better soon. :)

Kalei
05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Ouch! Poor Duke, that definatley hurts, I would scream too! I'm glad that he was okay though, as much as tacks do hurt, at least the wound heals quickly.

Hellow
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Ouch! :eek: I would go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH if i stepted on a thumbtack.

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh, that's not happy. I've stapled my sock to my heel by stepping on a loose staple. I feel your pain Duke!! :( I am glad that you are feeling better so quickly too. :)

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Ouch! Good thing you were there to save him. Who knows... if he were home alone he could have swallowed it trying put pull it out.

One time S.O.'s parents' cocker spaniel somehow got a strand of carpeting twisted around her toenail. S.O. and i were the only ones there. She started screaming bloody murder. I must have flew across the room... Now i know it could have been scary and a bit painful, but this dog over-reacted to everything and this was no exception.

On the plus side i got hero status from her :D and she followed me around everywhere after that. (Which i would have loved, but she was highly neurotic and always smelled horrid. Neither of which i really think we her fault.)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Poor Duke - hope your booboo is better now......

I sat on a bee once, boy did that hurt!!

critter crazy
05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Duke says thanks for all the well wishes! He is doig just fine, you would never even know it had even happened! I guess he tolerates pain better than I do, cause the last time i stepped on a Tack, I hurt for a few days!