PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Zoey please?-update (#66 and #76)

Flatcoatluver
05-22-2007, 12:42 PM
:( .... Please?

We just dropped Zoey off at the vet. I had a dog trial this weekend, on Sunday Zoey was hardly moving. Talking to one of the vets there, she figured Zoey was in a big deal of pain in her lower back area. Zoey is now at the vet getting her back x-rayed, The vet thinks it might be a spinal cord injury. Please I am begging you to send some prayers for her. I don't want to loose her.

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Dear Lord, be with Zoey at this time. Help relieve her pain in her back and heal whatever it is so that she may live out a long happy healthy pain-free life. AMEN

sending love and prayers your way Zoey((HUGS))

pitc9
05-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh my Goodness!! :eek:

Prayers on the way!!

Ginger's Mom
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM
More prayers being sent out from NJ. Please keep us informed, Bre.

Glacier
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Prayers sent. Keep us posted.

gemini9961
05-22-2007, 01:41 PM
My prayers for Zoey.

IRescue452
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Poor Zoey. She'll be in my thoughts.

caseysmom
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I am praying it is nothing serious.

kittycats_delight
05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
tons of prayers and good vibes coming from Italy. I hope and pray Zoey is ok.

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Chilli
05-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Zoey will definately be in my thoughts. :( Poor girl.
((((HUGS!)))) to you, and could you give her a gentle hug from me when we go to see her?

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh no. :( I will be praying for Zoey. I hope she's going to be ok.

Sevaede
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
*HUGS*

Good vibes your way Zoey girl! :(

Kalei
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Any news on Zoey yet? I hope she is alright. I love seeing Zoey on PT, she's such a lovely dog.

I am going to send lots of prayers Zoey's way that she will get better right away!

Karen
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Prayers on the way for Zoey!

Hellow
05-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Dear God, may you lay a healing hand on Zoey and cure her of her back problem and please help her owner lay in the comfort of knowing that you shall help her. Amen.

k9krazee
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh no, Bre!! Lots and Lots and Lots of good thoughts and vibes are on the way to Zoey!

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh no! Poor Zoey (and yourself). :(

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent your way. I hope it's something easily treatable. ((hugs))

Flatcoatluver
05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Zoey has hip dyslplasia and other problems. I will update when I get back from the vet. :(

Taz_Zoee
05-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I immediately got LES when I saw this thread. I hope Zoey will be okay.

BC_MoM
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Lots of prayers for Zoey. (((HUGS)))

luvofallhorses
05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm so sorry. :( how old is Zoey? She will be in my prayers. (((Bre & Zoey)))

Kalei
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I immediately got LES when I saw this thread. I hope Zoey will be okay.

This may be a stupid question, but I have no idea what LES means.

Oh my goodness that doesn't sound good about Zoey, come on PT we have to pray even harder for Zoey!

luvofallhorses
05-22-2007, 08:14 PM
This may be a stupid question, but I have no idea what LES means.

Leaky Eye Syndrome ;) = crying

dukedogsmom
05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I hope it's not bad. Meds should take care of the pain from hip dyslpasia. Please let us know what the vet says.

Kalei
05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Leaky Eye Syndrome ;) = crying

Thank you:D I get LES alot then.

Alysser
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Bre, I am so sorry. ((hugs)) poor Zoey, I wish she was OK. :( PLEASE keep us updated.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh no, Bre... I am so terribly sorry to hear about sweet Zoey. :( Please keep us updated...

I_luv_rusty
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
((((HUGS)))))))) Bre, I really hope shes okay! :( Rusty sends soft hugs to Zoey, and he'll pray for his gf to be just fine.

Flatcoatluver
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone, your kind words have helped at such a heart point in my life. The vet said there is a chance Zoey will live a long life (pray to God she will). The vet said he has never seen a case like this in such a young, healthy outer looking dog. He was crying with us. She has hip dysplasia and also we found out her back is compared to a 13 year old overweight lab, the vet called this spinal splasia or something like this which is basically a unstable back. I am a emotional wreak right now, so I am probably making no sense. Zoey is such a wonderful girl, and she was such a great agility and rally dog. We qualified on every rally run we did. She is my angel and she really is my whole life. Hearing this news brought me to my knees.

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm so very sorry. :( She may not do agility again, but she will still be your angel. I will keep Zoey and you in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

cloverfdx
05-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Oh Bre i am so sorry :(. I will be sending lots of good healing vibes Zoeys way, and hopefully the vets can get some sort of pain management happening & your girl will live a long happy life.

{{Hugs}}

Alysser
05-23-2007, 05:18 AM
I am so sorry to you and poor Zoey girl, and this is oso sad for you to Bre. ((hugs)) :(

Pawsitive Thinking
05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
You must be devastated at the moment :( At least your darling Zoey is still with you. Sending hugs and kisses to you both

anna_66
05-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Oh man, this must be devastating for you.

Both you and Zoey are in my prayers.

pitc9
05-23-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm so sorry for Zoey's diagnoses.
{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

k9krazee
05-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh Bre, I am so sorry to hear the news :( Lots of gentle hugs to Miss Zoey, and you.

Anita Cholaine
05-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh Bre, I'm so so sorry :(
Tons of prayers and positive vibes on the way for your sweet girl. Hopefully she'll get better and live a long, happy life.

(((((HUGS)))))

Kalei
05-23-2007, 12:13 PM
:(I'm so sorry:( It's so sad how these terrible things can happen so suddenly. Zoey may not do agility again, but she will still be your loving angel by your side:)

Ginger's Mom
05-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I am so sorry, Bre. Prayers that the doctors can come up with a good pain management plan, and that you and Zoey can spend lots and lots of happy years together.

Flatcoatluver
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone, I am feeling much better today. I am still crying a lot. But I just think of all the happy times we have had together, and there will be more happy moments. I also hope to educate more people about buying from responsible breeders compared to byb's. We got Zoey from a byb, who did not socialize her. She is a truely a miracle, and we love her to death. We were not educated about byb's when we bought her, we got her a spare the moment time. Please keep my girl in your prayers. She is actually running today, which she is not supposed to be doing.

Not replacing Zoey, but being that I love agility so much. We are looking into good breeders, to find a sheltie. Zoey will never be replaced. She is still my number 1 heart dog. But my parents want to get another dog, so I do stay active. Thanks everyone you support and kind words are overwhealping!

Sevaede
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
**HUGS** and great vibes for all of you! :(

Karen
05-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I am so glad she was diagnosed, and now you can find out how to help her. And she can be a "just plain dog" but help you train a new agility star, and of course everyone who learns from you about the dangers of buying from an irresponsible breeder will also be helped by Zoey. And she'll always be Dog of your Heart! Is there anything like a brace or any kind of thing like that that will help her keep from further damaging her spine?

Flatcoatluver
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I am so glad she was diagnosed, and now you can find out how to help her. And she can be a "just plain dog" but help you train a new agility star, and of course everyone who learns from you about the dangers of buying from an irresponsible breeder will also be helped by Zoey. And she'll always be Dog of your Heart! Is there anything like a brace or any kind of thing like that that will help her keep from further damaging her spine?
Thanks Karen,

That is a wonderful idea. I will have to contact my vet and see if there is something like this out there. Thanks.

Zippy
05-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh my gosh.I am so sorry Bre.I will keep you and Zoey in my prayers.(((HUGS)))

dukedogsmom
05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I know how hard it is to have your special dog hurting. I'm so sorry. Please give her some lovin' from me, ok? I hope she has many happy years ahead. I'm glad you didn't know about byb because then, she might not have had a life with you. And don't forget that they make the harnesses for dogs. That way she could run all she wanted once she got used to it without damaging herself further. I hope there's better days ahead for you all.
Here's an example:
http://www.dogkarts.com/

k9krazee
05-25-2007, 09:35 AM
How's the pretty girl doin'??

Hellow
05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
The back problem was probably caused by the rough treatment while she was participating in the rallys that you envolved her in. Hopefully the meds will cure it, otherwise she might have to go through sugery to fix her back back.

luvofallhorses
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM
How is Zoey doing? :)

K9soul
05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry to learn about Zoey's troubles. I know how much she means to you, what a very special girl she is. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Kfamr
05-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm so sorry, Bre. Hope you get her pain under control. :(

I know what you mean about her being your heart dog, but getting another to keep active. Simba will ALWAYS be my heart dog, but he just doesn't like to to much anymore.

Flatcoatluver
05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks so much everyone! That main medicine is really helping her. Tuesday I couldn't even touch her back without her yelping. Now we can touch her back gently. She will be going in to get acupucture done. :) I have seen miracle happen with acuputure!

Were on a waiting list for some sheltie pups now. There not due until June 9th.

chocolatepuppy
05-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm happy to hear the meds are helping Zoey. Hopefully the acupunture will help even more.I will be looking forward to seeing your sheltie puppy. :)

Hellow
05-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Thank God the meds are working!

cloverfdx
05-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Bre i am glad to hear Zoey is feeling better :). Friends took their BC x for acupuncture on her back last week and she was feeling much better afterwards, heres hoping Zoey does just as well.

Zippy
05-26-2007, 04:41 PM
That's wonderful that Zoey is doing better.She has been in my thoughts and prayers.(((HUGS))to you and sweet Zoey

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm sorry you and Zoey have to go through this, Bre. I'm glad to hear her medication is helping though, and hopefully with the acupuncture she'll be even better.

wolf_Q
05-26-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I know Zoey means so much to you. I hope you'll be able to find something to help her with the pain.

wolfsoul
05-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh how terrible, I just saw this thread lastnight. :( Poor Zoey, I actually was in tears lastnight reading this. I can't imagine.

If the sheltie falls through at all, my very good friend is having a sheltie litter in the fall and I know would be happy to sell you a pup.

Flatcoatluver
05-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone. Zoey seems to be not doing so good today. She is walking really slow today, please still keep her in your prayers.

Flatcoatluver
05-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh how terrible, I just saw this thread lastnight. :( Poor Zoey, I actually was in tears lastnight reading this. I can't imagine.

If the sheltie falls through at all, my very good friend is having a sheltie litter in the fall and I know would be happy to sell you a pup.
Thanks Jorden, I will keep that in thought, if the puppies don't work out. I know another breeder who will be breeding in June. I keep on going back and fourth, not sure if I want to rescue or adopt. I guess I will see what happens when I meet the pups. Of course who can turn away from some pups?

K9soul
05-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh Bre, I'm sorry to hear Zoey isn't feeling as well today. She will certainly be in my prayers. I have high hopes for the acupuncture though, I have a feeling that will help her. ((hugs)) to you both.

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Zoey is still in my prayers.

Danegirl2208
05-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh no Bre i am so sorry....i will certainly keep Zoey girl in my thoughs and prayers :(

((hugs)) to both of you

Roxyluvsme13
05-27-2007, 10:57 PM
I just found this thread, I haven't been on as much as I usually am, and I can't believe this is happening to you and Zoey.

I'm glad she's doing better though, and I hope her improvement continues to increase.

(((HUGS))) to you and please give Zoey a hug and kiss from me.

Alysser
05-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh Bre, my heart is breaking as I read that Zoey isn't doing well today. I am still in shock that this happened to you and the poor sweetie. I hope she gets better as soon as possible.

((hugs))

Flatcoatluver
05-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Thank you everyone. Too bad T.j doesn't know Zoey is in pain. Zoey was sitting in HIS bed, and T.j went over and sat on her. I guess he was trying to give her a hint that it's his bed and not hers to lay on. Of course Zoey yelped in pain, and after that was not walking any better tonight.

I still feel like I am in a dream, and about to wake up. I always wanted to add another dog to our agility family, but this is not the way I wanted it to happen. I just can't stop crying. I can't stop thinking and wondering how long she is going to be with us. She is so upset when I go to work and don't take her with me.

Sorry to give this grief on you, but I can't show my pain at work or when I am teaching agility. Everybody at work always says I am so sorry. It's so hard for me to hold back my tears. It's hard for me to stay strong. I never knew how much she affects my whole life, she is the being I am here on this world. She saved me from suiside. She is just my everything. I just want her to be healthy again. I just can't belive this is real, someone pinch me.

Roxyluvsme13
05-27-2007, 11:20 PM
((((MORE HUGS))))

Bre, Zoey will get through this, and we will all be here for you. I am praying strong for Zoey and hoping everything will be okay.

She is an amazing dog, and I know how much you love her.

Anita Cholaine
05-28-2007, 12:28 PM
More and more prayers are being sent on the way, Bre. You just try to stay strong, I know Zoey will get through this.

((((((TONS OF HUGS))))))

Taz_Zoee
05-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Please know you and Zoey will always be in my thoughts. I just don't know what else to say to help you through this difficult time. :(

Chilli
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Just reading this makes my heart break for you & Zoey. :( I know she means the world to you and I wish I could do more for you, though all I can do is send some positive vibes for your girl.
(((((big HUGS))))) to you & Zoey.
I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

BC_MoM
05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Try to stay positive, and be happy, Bre. Believe it or not, Zoey will pick up on it if you're positive and staying strong, and she'll stay strong right along side you. :)

chocolatepuppy
05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
You and Zoey will be in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

Kfamr
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Still thinking of you two!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking about you and Zoey, and will continue to do so. She really is a wonderful girl, Bre. (((hugs)))

IRescue452
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I wish you remembered the name of the problem. It wasn't "Spinal Muscular Atrophy" was it? Should it be disc problems like Autumn has, then she'll live a fine life assuming you can control her energy and possibly use something to control her back movements. Did the vet give you something to give her for the pain?

Flatcoatluver
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I wish you remembered the name of the problem. It wasn't "Spinal Muscular Atrophy" was it? Should it be disc problems like Autumn has, then she'll live a fine life assuming you can control her energy and possibly use something to control her back movements. Did the vet give you something to give her for the pain?
Zoey has spinosplacia or spelled something like that. It is compared to a 16 year old overweight lab's back. "unstable back" The vet gave her some rimadyl. It seems to help her really well along with the glucosamene tablets.

Zoey had a much better day today. She is being the food pig like normal. Carrying her toy in her mouth everywhere she goes, and guarding us from monsters outside. ;)

We also met with a 2, 3 in September year old sable sheltie with blue eyes yesterday. She will be a perfect fit in the family, it's just my mom doesn't like the age thing, because Zoey is 4, so close in age. At first she didn't really care for me or treats, but by the end of the night she was running with me, playing soccer, jumping, tunnels, and tables. I think she is perfect. But of course the whole family has to agree.

Anita Cholaine
05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Glad to know Zoey is feeling better today. {{{{hugs}}}}

sandragonfly
05-29-2007, 12:17 PM
been thinking of and keeping you in our prayers! and will continue til zoey is completely herself. :) (((hugs)))

elizabethann
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I was going to recommend acupuncture but it appears you've already thought about that. I would be curious to hear how that goes. My sister's Lab wouldn't move this weekend. They just came back from the vets and the vet think's he may have stumbled or tripped and hurt himself. He's 12 years old, has had a stroke and has bad hips. I suggested acupuncture to my sister but I don't think she's buying it.

I am sending you & Zoey a HUGE hug. I hope she gets better real soon.

P.S. Also, what about water therapy? Have you thought of that? Not sure if that would help.

Flatcoatluver
05-29-2007, 12:45 PM
P.S. Also, what about water therapy? Have you thought of that? Not sure if that would help.
We have already thought about water therapy. The closes to us is over the border. My friend is a acuputurist, so I am going to do this first and then see what she thinks, she also might try herbs. Zoey is definetly trying to push the limits, and she is running like crazy so she is now on a leash. I hope she doesn't have to do this her whole life.

Vela
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
What a horrible thing to have to deal with. I sure hope the acupuncture can help her and you guys can at least enjoy some running and off leash play time. I feel bad for your situation =( I hope she will live pain free.

LuckyNumber7
06-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Gosh, I just saw this thread.

I worry all of the time about my lab, and what I would do if something like this were to happen. The breeder we got her through is fairly reputable, but not the best - her parents were screened for genetic defects and whatnot, but you never know :(

I'm so sorry for your poor Zoey. She's so lucky to have a Mom like you, who will love her and pamper her no matter WHAT. Please bear that in mind.

shais_mom
06-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this -
you and Zoey will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Keegan has hip dysplasia - and torn/deeply bruised her ACL's in the last year or so and she is THRIVING by using this pain medication.
http://www.doggonepain.com/ It is all natural so it is better for their liver than Rymadyl and the price is comparable.. You can check it out on the site.

She also gets these http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/88/2
She has thrived with chiropractic and accupuncture and holistic healing/Reiki treatments. ALTHO - I do understand in Keegan's case it is her hips not her spine like Zoey -

thoughts and prayers your way.

.sarah
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Zoey.

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm so sorry Bre. It must be such a bummer for the both of you. :( {{HUGS}}

Flatcoatluver
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I just thought I would do a little update.

About a month ago we took Zoey of her rimadyl; it was making her so sick. She has loosed so much hair and hot spots all over her body. Once we took her off of that icky medicine her hair started growing back and her hot spots have cleared…

EXCEPT... on Saturday in rally practice she was really holding her tail weird. It was off to left and it was like she couldn't move it and it was stuck. And then all the sudden she sat like she was weak. So I ran in put her in her crate. The whole time in class I was trying to hold back my tear, obviously everyone in class knew because everyone was making cute little jokes about Sage and how they remind them of Flash the rough collie in class. So they were calling him little Spark. Anyway at the end of class Zoey started wagging her tail again. So she was fine the rest of the day, until last night she was ding the same thing with her tail.

Our vet that she is currently going to think the only alternative is either rimadyl or dermanax (sp) which is horrible medication. My parents also hate his attitude. So we finally called a new vet. I've known this vet for years. She shows in all the events I show in and she is a great friend. She does Chinese herbal, acupuncture, and healthy medicine. Or she tries a mixture of all the things. Sage got neutered by her and had his shots done by her. So we just have to make a switch to her with the other two dogs. The only problem with her is that the office is a hour away and if she has to get acupuncture every week it will be difficult for my mom since I don't have my license yet… So we made an appointment for Zoey Wednesday. We talked to her and she said it sounded like spasms... I hope to god it is… So please pray for her again?

K9karen
09-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh, of course! Tons of prayers that the holistic procedures help Zoey. It sounds like a good idea to me. Your new vet sounds very knowledgeable. Hugs to everyone..skin and fur...

dukedogsmom
09-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I wish you good luck with the new vet. She sounds really nice and well informed. The problem with the tail sounds to me like it might a neurological? I hope the new vet can help Zoey be happy and healthy again. I don't know how you made it through the class. That would have been really hard.

crow_noir
09-25-2007, 04:35 AM
*hugs*

I hope things will work out for her better going to this new vet! Even if you can't take here there all the time, take her to this new one when you can.

chocolatepuppy
09-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Zoey will be in my prayers. I hope this new vet can help her.

pitc9
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
{{hugs}} and prayers that the new vet helps Zoey!!

Flatcoatluver
09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone! We are leaving for the vets in 5 mins. My tummy is doing back flips. Say a couple thoughts for her, I will update when I get back.