PDA

View Full Version : Too cute Tofu!!!

kb2yjx
05-22-2007, 04:12 AM
What a precious photo!!! I can see why he came home with you from the shelter!! However, Tofu, PLEASE be very careful when you are outside!!! May you have a great day, it is yours! HAPPY COTD!!!

Barbiecat
05-22-2007, 05:52 AM
What a cutie! Try to keep him as an indoor cat; he'll be much happier and safer if you do. If you really want to take him out, teach him to walk on a leash like I did with my cat; he gets fresh air, and you get the knowledge that he'll always be safe. He's too cute to let something awful happen to him.

kittykay
05-22-2007, 08:08 AM
I was nodding and smiling right up to the part where you wrote that you let this precious boy run loose all day while you are away. You lost me then, ma'am. If you love him, protect him.

cassiesmom
05-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Tofu, you are such a cutie and I'm glad you bring such peace and joy to your purr-ents! I agree totally with kb2yjx - please be extra careful when you are hanging with your neighborhood kitty friends - it would be tragic if something happened to you. Happy Cat of the Day!

blue girl
05-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Tofu, I have to say that this is one of the most peaceful pictures I've seen in a long time. You are too cute for words, and I can see why your mommy likes to have you up on her computer to help ease her through those stressful days:) Your markings are gorgeous, and it sounds like you have a winning personality. Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Tofu you are adorable!!!

Just look at your long tail!!! How cute!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!! :D

eeg
05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Tofu is adorable. It seems he is having a wonderful life, the dream of every cat - plays with friends outdoors, cuddles indoors. I am sure he knows his territory thoroughly by now and his parents know his friends and their parents. A happy healthy life to you three - Tofu and parents.

stinkysmom
05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
He is so precious. Why don't you treat him like he is? What is it going to be like the day he does not come running up to you as you get home from work because he is lying smashed in the street from being run over by a car?

RICHC764
05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been reading these posts and enjoying these daily kitties for about a year but this is the first time i've felt i had to register so i could warn Tofu's mom of what is going to happen to him within 2 or 3 years, if he's lucky. sooner if he's not. read this story. YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS:
I got up in the morning just like any other day, put up the water for coffee and went to feed Stevie, my cat. We went through our daily routine: I opened a can of Friskies Tuna Feast (or whatever it happened to be that day), Stevie jumped up on the chair near the kitchen counter and I held out the open can for him to smell and, ostensibly, accept or reject like fine wine at a nice restaurant. Of course, no matter what I had opened was what he was getting, but we both enjoyed the routine. Stevie sniffed the tuna, expressed his acceptance, and I put half the can in his bowl. Stevie took two little bites and ran out the door. He frequently liked to know that the food was there awaiting him, then would go out and work up an appetite. I sat down with my coffee, returned to the book I was reading and what seemed like a minute went by and my phone rang.
"Do you have a cat named Stevie?" asked a female voice.
It sounded like some sort of solicitation for a new pet store or something, yet deep in my mind I knew something was wrong.
"Yes," I said. "Who is this?"
"Your cat's in the street. He's been run over."
I immediately looked all around -- hadn't it just been seconds before Stevie was right here?
"No, my cat's right here," I replied, not seeing Stevie.
"No he's not," continued the patient woman. "He's right here in the street."
I walked out to the front of the building, still on the cordless phone, looked left and didn't see anything. The woman's voice said, "We're right behind you."
I turned around and there was a group of five or six people standing in the middle of the street. I ran over and saw the woman speaking to me on a cell phone standing in front of a big Jeep filled with a family all looking at me sadly through the windows. I looked down and there was Stevie -- his gray and white fur was covered with blood, his tongue was sticking out, his eyes were glassy like marbles -- he was quite obviously dead. I picked up Stevie's warm and completely flaccid body and carried him back to my apartment, his home for the past four years.

tatsxxx11
05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes darling Tofu, you are all about peace and love:) What a lovely photo; and it's easy to understand how you captured your Mom's heart so handily:) It's also clear how very loved you are:):):) Wow! Your very own, homemade scratching post??? Now that's a doting Dad!:cool: hehe I hope you're in the midst of a very happy, fun filled Cat of the Day bash with your proud Mom and Dad, sweetheart; and don't forget the canned tuna, Mom! Congratulations, love and bunches of cuddles and kisses to you on your well earned day of honor, precious Tofu!:)

catmandu
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
TOFU IS SO FORTUNATE IN HAVING HS GUARDIANS FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM SO COMPLETLY.
HE REALLY IS SUCH A HANDSOME CAT AND WILL BE A TRULY WONDERFUL CAT OF THE FUTURE.
THE FOUND CATS SEND A FANTASTIC MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWW OUT TO TERRIFIC TITANIC TOFU OUR NEWST CAT OF THE DAY!!!!!
:) :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :cool: ;) :cool: :D :cool:

caffeitina
05-22-2007, 09:21 PM
How adorable! I would have taken this cutie home too...only someone beat me to it. Conhrats, Tofu. Enjoy your special day.

karlyb
05-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Tofu, what a little cutie you are! I had a similar experience - going to the animal shelter to choose an orange cat and coming home with a gray tabby! My Macy looked a lot like you Tofu, especially the large ears (that she eventually grew into!). Now she goes outside on a 50ft rope (supervised) so she can enjoy the fresh air and still be safe from traffic. Please, Tofu, we don't want to lose you! Tofu, you are a sweet little COTD and I hope you have many years of good health and happiness with the family who loves you so much.