PDA

View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera

slleipnir
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Is playing while I'm in Toronto...I've wanted to see it live since I was a kid. I don't know that my friends will want to come. I'm curious if anyone would come with me that lives in the area? If you have a car and can drive I will pay for my part of the gas. I'm staying at the Double Tree hotel close ot the airport. PotO is playing at the Princess of Wales theatre. Anyone interested? I would go alone but i'm not comfortable being alone at night and I WILL see it even if it means going alone...I just really don't want to haha.

slleipnir
05-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Anyone? I'm leaving tomorrow so I won't be able to check after this.

Kalei
05-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey did you get to see Phantom? I love phantom so so so much! It's my favorite movie, story, and theatre:D I am basically addicted to it lol. I have never gotten to see it live either, but I want to so so bad. I live in Canada, but way down in the maritimes, if I could've come with you I definatley would have. Tell me how it was!

CathyBogart
05-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Oooooh, if I were near there I would definitely go. You totally should, even by yourself it is an amazing show!

AdoreMyDogs
05-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Oh I hope you got to see the Phantom. It's excellent, and Toronto is the best place to see it in!

king2005
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm right here (10 mins from the airport) & I'd love to go, but the prices are insane... & I'm poor lol

Not sure why I'm typing this, as I can see the airport from my work window & I could just text or stop by the hotel, but eh lol I'm the bored lol

emily_the_spoiled
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Down by what used to be the old Eaton's Centre there is a booth that sells same day tickets for shows and they are greatly reduced. Sometimes the theater itself will sell tickets an hour or so before the show at greatly reduced prices. It is worth a try to get one of those cheap(er) tickets.

king2005
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Down by what used to be the old Eaton's Centre there is a booth that sells same day tickets for shows and they are greatly reduced. Sometimes the theater itself will sell tickets an hour or so before the show at greatly reduced prices. It is worth a try to get one of those cheap(er) tickets.

I'll have to text that to her asap!!!

Thanks for that info!

king2005
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
She got her ticket for $30.00!!!!!!
SHES GOING!

Miss Z
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh, you will love it (if you haven't been already, that is, in which case then I'm sure you loved it ;) ). It has to be one of my favourite stage musicals of al time.

king2005
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh, you will love it (if you haven't been already, that is, in which case then I'm sure you loved it ;) ). It has to be one of my favourite stage musicals of al time.

I know she hasn't gone, cause this is her first time here :)

emily_the_spoiled
05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I have seen it before and I know that she will enjoy it. The music is incredible!

slleipnir
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I went. We got student prices for $30.00 although I would have still been enjoyed if I had ended up paying 90. I got 3 friends to come. One just went cause his GF wanted him to, and was positive he wouldn't like it. It was really awesome though, and he even admitted to enjoying it.

The acting was awesome, i've heard better singing, but they were pretty good. I REALLY enjoyed myself. It made me very happy as I've wanted to go since I was little :D

Kalei
05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Thats awesome! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I guess I'm so glad becuase someday I want to see a live play myself of it, I love Phantom of the Opera sooo much lol.

emily_the_spoiled
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I am glad that you had a great time and thanks for letting us know what happened :)