PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in...

Russian Blue
05-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi guys! I know I haven't spent much time here since Nakita's passing but thought I would stop by. We're still renovating the house and will be doing a large renovation in August when we take down the walls on the main floor and add a sunroom to the back of the house. I still haven't had time to put together a thread of all the renovation pics, but will do that soon (I hope! ;) )

Still missing Nakita like crazy. Her 5th birthday would have been on June 9 so that will be an emotional day for me. I'll be putting together a little movie/pic collage for her birthday and will share that in a couple of weeks.

I posted some new cottage pictures in the General forum. Rob surprised me with a new camera as an early birthday gift. If you want to check it out, click here ----> New Camera - New Pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127518)

Hope you're all doing well and I really miss being able to share all things 'cat'!

catmandu
05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Its So Good To Hear From You Again.
We Have A New Cat Here The Tubster, The Son? Of The Late Tubby 2.
And There Have Been Two Poofs Shakespheare And Philip.
And Theresa , Charles And Moonglow Are Coming Around For Meals.
We Know The Pain Of Losing A Friend But Maybe One Day A Little Stary Will Come To You, Guided By Nakita Angel Who Doesnt Want You To Be Lonely.
One Fine Day.

Bengalz
05-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Kass,

Missing Nakita is definitely something many here have been doing with you. She will always have a special place in many hearts.

It's a good thing to stay busy and focused on other things in your life as I believe this will help you (if just a little) in the grieving process. I do hope that one day another special little kitty will come into your life and share the love that you and Rob so deserve.

It's so good to hear from you - please take care. Betty

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Good to hear from you again - take care

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Cass!! It is so good to hear some news about you :)

kuhio98
05-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Cass ~ I'm so glad you stopped by. I think of you and Rob and Nakita often. I'm hoping that when the time is right, you will be adopted by another wonderful soul.

Catty1
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello!

I love the pictures...and is the renovation one of those that keeps on going, like the Energizer Bunny?

I bet everything will look great - I am looking forward to the pics.

Cass, my mom's birthday is on June 9th - I didn't know she shared her birthday with such a stunning soul as Nakita. I'll be thinking of you and Rob - and maybe Nakita will have a way of letting you know she is ok on that day.

HUGS!

Thanks for staying in touch.

KitCat
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Glad to hear from you.

jenluckenbach
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I am so happy to hear from you. You can still ALWAYS share 'all things cat' with us.....I am sure I speak for all when I say, our cats are your cats. :)

catlover4ever
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
It's nice to see you again. Nakita definately touched a place in my heart. :) I know how difficult it can be and I'm happy to see that you do come and stay in touch with us. :)

kb2yjx
05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Good to hear from you!! Take Care!!

Donnaj4962
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
What a nice surprise! I have thought of you and Nakita often, wondering how you have been, and missing sweet Nakita. She was a truly gorgeous cat that was taken too soon. Please always feel free to stop in and say "hi"... so we know you are okay. :)

moosmom
05-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Kass,

I'm glad you checked in. I miss you like crazy. I also miss those gorgeous green Nakita eyes. I know how difficult it'll be for come her birthday. I go through the same thing on Easter Sunday, the day Casey "Bubba Dude" went to the Bridge.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

rg_girlca
05-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I am so happy to hear that you both are doing okay and loved the pictures with your new camera.

I will be looking forward to your tribute of dear Nakita to mark her 5th birthday. :)

Vermontcat
05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Kass, it's so nice to hear from you. :)
Samantha and I have been missing you.
Please stop by any time, you are part of the Pet Talk Family! :)

captain
05-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Kass,
It is so nice to see you keeping in touch with us.
Please do, we miss you!

krazyaboutkatz
05-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Kass, It's great to see you posting again.:) Thanks for stopping by to update us about everything. You sure sound busy and I'm glad that you and Rob are doing well. I look forward to seeing Nakita's birthday tribute. Please take care.

Russian Blue
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for remembering me and keeping me in your thoughts. Your support and prayers really helped me with Nakita's death and I'm so grateful for that. As a result, I could never really leave PT (just needed to take a break and get my head straight). ;) And I will get a cat (or two) after the main renos are done in the next 6 - 8 months. I've already been tempted too many times (especially with the current kitten season upon us).

Check out all these cuties in my area -------> Click for kittens! (http://www.abbeycats.org/kittens.htm)

............I am sure I speak for all when I say, our cats are your cats.
Awww....I know you guys would always welcome me. I really appreciate it and know I can still share all things 'cat' even though I'm currently 'catless'. Thanks so much Jen. I've just felt a little misplaced without Nakita.

.....and is the renovation one of those that keeps on going, like the Energizer Bunny?

Yes, the renovations seem to never end. :rolleyes: But we bought this house as a 'project' for Rob. We're doing *almost* all the renos ourselves so that's why it is taking longer - plus, we're in no rush. It's a costly venture, so we only renovate when we've saved up. We should be finished within the next two years. *fingers crossed*