PDA

View Full Version : a mystery to me....medical type thing,can you help

carole
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok i feel kinda awkward posting this, but just wondered if anyone has any ideas, two days ago i started having this unusual feeling in my side,right under my rib cage but right at the side,it is more around the side towards the lower back, it is not painful, just uncomfortable, especially when i sit and it is not going away, i feel stupid going to a doctor as there is no pain as such, and i feel fine,i find it difficult to even describe, but the best way is like when you are pregnant and the baby moves its feet into your side,kinda like a wave feeling,does that make any sense, no i am not having a baby lol, i have wondered if it is just muscle spasms, as i have fibromyalgia, but i have never experienced this before, and i am puzzled, i can feel it as i am sitting here on the computer and typing, eases up when i am standing or lying,it is really annoying and uncomfortable,and i am totally mystified by it, any ideas, or should i just make a Dr's appointment?

I should add i have been having very bad neck and back pain, but that is normal for me, and my muscles around both ribs are sore at the moment, and prior to this i used voltaren emugel for pain relief and i used a massage cushion on both of my lower sides to travel,that is the only two things i have done that are different to my normal,no idea if any of those two things have caused it or not.

moosmom
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Carole,

My friend Pam had the exact same symptoms as you've described. It turned out to be pneumonia. They didn't know what it was till they took x-rays. There were no other symptoms whatsoever, no cold, sniffling, nothing. Just an achy feeling with the pain in the back. Please see your doctor. It's nothing to take lightly.

Thoughts and prayers girl.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

mike001
05-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Moonsmom is right. It could be just temporary spasm but pneumonia sounds like a good bet. In any case no sense in worrying, make an appt. If it turns out to be nothing, no big deal. But if it is serious, the sooner the better.

carole
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Well cannot say i had thought of that, i have no cold whatsoever,i will try and explain it more, it feels like something is moving in my side now and then, an alien lol, that is the best way to describe it i think, thanks for your advice, i think i will trot off to the doc anyhow, time for a all over check up, i will give it a few days and see how i go, as i feel 100 per cent really.

joycenalex
05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
and it could be the start of a shingles outbreak. glad to hear you're willing to go to a doctors for a check out

sirrahbed
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Shingles is what popped into my mind also - if that develops you will know it because it leads to painful blisters - I have seen it more on the side and to the front in a line along the nerve. It starts as a tingly feeling. Is it waist level Carole? Intestines are along there and go pretty far up. Not sure it would be felt in the back but sometimes folks feel the smooth muscular (peristalsis) contractions at times. The other thought is kidney related. Hope you will check with the doctor if there is any pain or it does not go away within the day. Also, if you should become nauseated, headachy or feverish.

Scooter's Mom
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Still have your gallbladder?

That's how mine started... and I just had my gallbladder out on the 11th.

carole
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
gosh never thought of shingles either, i do have a cold sore at the moment on my lip,the virus is somewhat related right, although i know it is the chickenpox virus, they are all related are they not? I sure hope it is not that, i don't want that really i don't. it is not painful though at all, just uncomfortable, just ,when i am sitting i feel like all my organs are squashed, does any of this make any sense,and that funny movement in my side and around my back, i don't think it is gallbladder,as i have been down that track before, and the doctor said the pain would be higher up and on the right i think if i recall correctly,but prior to this my stomach was not the best, due to me having a little party food, which i am not accustomed to, but it seems ok now that i am back on weight watchers, I am going to give a week and then if no improvement i will go to the doctor.

P.S yes my kidneys crossed my mind too, but honestly there are no other symptons, i feel fine, prior to this i was very fatigued and not the best, but i put that down to my traveling, i get like this after i travel , it usually takes between one to two weeks for me to recover,because of the fibromyalgia,but now i feel good apart from this annoyance.

Thank you all for your suggestions, just thought maybe some of you had experienced similar things and had an idea, its a new one for me lol.