PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower plans

sparks19
05-20-2007, 01:13 PM
OK I think we have plans for the baby shower now :D

I did create a registry. I didn't realize I could do it online.

The original plan was to have it at a tea room somewhere in town but I didn't want my mother in law to spend that much money (it was gonna cost a couple hundred to rent the room) for only a few people. SO......

My hubby actually came up with a great idea. Why not do it at the bead shop. We have a party room there.... we have birthday parties and such all the time. And IF my boss even charges us for the room (which I doubt she will) it will only be $25 to rent the room. Plus if we had it at a tea room my boss (who is also one of our dearest friends) would not be able to attend as she would have to have the store open that day. My MIL did not know that and when she heard that Margie would not be able to attend because of it being on a Saturday she immediately wanted to change the plans so that margie could attend. So my husband thought of having at the bead store in the party room.... which is a GREAT idea.

So I have heard of this thing called a "birthing necklace" and at the baby shower everyone brings a large bead to add to the necklace and then the mother wears the necklace during the birthing process and has all the beads from her loved ones in the room with her. I looked it up on google and it's quite neat actually. So we think we will do something like that and then have other activities and what not.

I love this idea and now I am getting very excited about this baby shower. :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-20-2007, 01:18 PM
It sounds like a great plan. It's going to be so much fun. Enjoy!! :D

The birthing necklace sounds really cool :) I can't wait to see pictures of this event.

sparks19
05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.snowboardmommy.com/content/mother-blessing/mother-blessingway-birthing-necklace.php

Here is a website about the birthing necklace. It sounds really cool and I have heard stories about mothers using it after wards and wearing it while they breast feed and it is apparently really stimulating for the babies to look at. And then to tell the story of the necklace when they are a little older and can understand :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the link. I love it even more after seeing it and reading about it. I love the way each person picks a bead and all of them are representative of that person. It seems it would provide alot of energy. This is so appropriate for you too. What could be better than having your party at your bead store with all your friends/family contributing beads to the necklace? Brilliant idea!! :)