PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Miles

Don Juan's mom
05-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Oh, Miles,the first thing I noticed was how much you look like Zerlina, with your glossy black fur and delicate accents of white. Then I read about your sweet affection and love for your humans, and your heroic struggle against the cancer that cost you a leg. :( But I know your people will do everything they can to insure that you have many more happy and healthy years with them. Congratulations to Miles our beautiful black Cat of the Day! :cool:

Liz

kb2yjx
05-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Miles!!! What a brave trooper you are!!! And how proud we all are of your to overcome a physical adversity !!! YOU GO MILES!!! HAPPY COTD!!!

MilesMom
05-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your kind words about Miles! I was so thrilled to see him on COTD today! I check the website every day because I love looking at all the cute kitties and was so surprised to see him! We entered him months ago and I actually forgot about it!

Becky (Miles' Mom)

Bari_d
05-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Wonderful to read Miles' story...very sorry he had to go through the surgery and the learning to walk, but isn't it remarkable how quickly they learn and how easily they adjust to a major challenge??? I doubt I'd do as well! We have a 3 legged boy, BeBop http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/June/05.html and he'd be the first one to tell you that you did the right thing by having the surgery - he lost his leg at a very young age, but to this day (now 8 years later) he runs and plays as well as anyone in the pride! We send our very best to Miles and hope the rest of his life is all joy and love! Purrs from BeBop!!!

Nosserubs, snuggles and purrs...Bari and the Cat Happy Pride www.cathappy.com

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Miles you are magnificent!!!! :)

What a fighter you are too!!! You don't let anything slow you down do you sweetheart?

Congratulations, on being our special Cat of the Day!!! :D

AvaJoy
05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes, handsome Miles, you DO have an amazing spirit! I'm sorry you had to adapt to being minus a leg, but tripod kitties do pretty well after a period of adjustment you are no exception . . . bravo!

Your white chest hairs are just like my Jette sports . . . do you also have white hairs under your armpits?

I wish you a spendid day basking in the spotlight as our most deserving COTD! Blessings to you and your diligent guardian(s). :)

catmandu
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
:p :cool: ;) :cool: :D :cool: Miles the Tubby Trio are proud of YOU!
Tubster was wondering why there were not a lot of Black COTDS and why Black Cats are the last ones adopted.
Well you certainly are One Brave Cat and a true inspiration to All Pet Talkers and Cats and that is never to give up.
The Found Cats are PROUD to send a Medal Of Honor MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to Brave Magnifi Cat Miles Our NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY!!!
:) :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

tatsxxx11
05-20-2007, 02:51 PM
What a magnificent feline you are, Miles...a fighter, a true survivor!!!:) Your spirit is nothing short of inspirational! Nothing's going to keep you from enjoying every moment of life, right Miles? My Rainbow Bridge baby Satin lost her leg too and just like you, she bounced back better and stronger than ever:) It's clear you have been blessed with one fab forever family Miles and they, equally blessed to have a best friend in you:):):) Hope you and your Dad Matt and your devoted Mom Becky are enjoying a very happy Sunday, a fun and love filled Cat of the Day celebration!:) Congratulations on your well earned honor magnificent Miles and heartfelt wishes for continued good health:) And thanks for checking in, Mom!:D Please give Miles some extra hugs and kisses for me!

orangemm
05-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Congratulations to a very handsome boy! Miles, you are such a lucky guy to have loving purrents. You remind me very much of my RB Mikey, who was a lovebug just like you. Black cats are so very special, and especially you, who have overcome a physical limitation.

Wish I could give you a big hug, you look so sweet and contented. Tell your Meowmie or Pawpie to give you special scritches and some lovings from me.

Congratulations Miles!!!

cassiesmom
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
You're proof that a differently abled cat can continue to live a meaningful and happy life! Please have a wonderful day as Cat of the Day. Extra luvvins for me, too.

karlyb
05-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Miles, you look a lot like my girl Janie, even the white spot under the chin. Black cats are so beautiful with their shiny fur and you're a wonderful example of a handsome black kitty, Miles. I'm so sorry that you lost your leg, but how resilient you are! You are a very brave boy, Miles, and have overcome your disability amazingly well. Miles, you are a great COTD and I hope you continue in good health for many more years with your loving family.

mtomkins
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
You look amazingly like our cat Sylvester, who was honored to be chosen Cat of the Day last Fall, right down to that tiny white patch on your chest. We've seen other black kitties, but the two of you must have been seperated at birth. Your behavior is so alike too, from the sleeping like a log, to sprawling on top of daddy's paperwork, to itching to be outside all the time. So funny. You are adorable such a handsome little man. :cool:

MilesMom
05-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone: Thanks so much for all your kind comments and wishes for Miles. He had a great COTD day! He got outside to play in the sun, he got lots of hugs, kisses, and kitty treats! And today, Monday, when he ran out the door when Matt was taking out the garbage, we had to remind him he was no longer COTD and had to go back to being a regular cat without all the special treatment! ;)