PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing it! (Post your pics!)

cyber-sibes
05-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm taking a moment to celebrate a small success in my life with PT. :D
I've worked in a plus-size women's clothing store for the past 4 years, and figured I'd just be "plus-sized" forever. Inspired by the PT weight loss threads last year, and by one of my co-workers who said she'd lost 50 lbs in Weight Watchers, I thought maybe I could give losing weight another try. So I joined WW in February. I was pretty skeptical, but much to my surprise, - I've lost 26 lbs so far! :eek:
I didn't realize how much of a difference just losing that much weight could make! Here's my picture from January when Davidp & I visited Donna/Moo's mom in Conneticut, and the picture I took on my computer a few days ago.

I know several other people on PT are "losing it" too, so post your before & after successes, and we'll keep on "losing it" together!

Cinder & Smoke
05-19-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm taking a moment to celebrate a small success in my life with PT. :D

... much to my surprise, - I've lost 26 lbs so far! :eek:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=35832

:eek:

She's a mere Shadow of her former self!

WOW! ... Nice work, Pat!! ;)

(But, did you have to send all 26 of 'em MY way!?
Does anybody NEED thes new pounds?)

:D

Freedom
05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Great job! Continued success with this. I don't suppose the "stress" of the pending move helped any? Some foloks stop eating when stressed; I eat more! Looking good!!!

cyber-sibes
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't suppose the "stress" of the pending move helped any? Some foloks stop eating when stressed; I eat more!Yup, that's me...I eat more, too. I've been eating quite a bit more this week, only 5 days till the movers arrive, and I still have a whole house to pack up. :rolleyes: So what am I doing on PT? Stress-relief!

Cinder & Smoke
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Only 5 days till the movers arrive,
and I still have a whole house to pack up. :rolleyes:

Well, no point in going into Panic Mode! (You'd stress the Pups!) :p
Anyway - the Movers know how to "pack"!

Hey ... has ole What's-His-Name showed up to HELP? :confused:

And do you guys have a NEW Place to GO to ...

or will you be campin out in a WallyMart Lot?
:D

Daisy and Delilah
05-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Good for you!! You look like a different person :)

shais_mom
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
wow Pat - not sure I'd recognize you! :)
you look great! :)
we will miss you being in Findlay! :(
I haven't really lost any weight I don't think but one of my co-workers and I started working out after work for about 30-35 minutes. This was our 3rd week of 2-3 nites a week and even after the first 2 weeks I noticed that the bridesmaid dress I wore last weekend fit a lot better! I was very worried I was going to bust the seams sitting and eating etc - and I felt just fine....

lizbud
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Congratulations Pat. You look wonderful. Can really see the difference. :)

Whisk_Luva
05-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Whisk my hamster has lost 1/2 ounce/15 grams in a week! Thats alot for a hamster! I am afraid I have no 'after' pictures yet (just befores but its pointless posting them on there own). If you think how much hamsters weigh... 1/2 ounce/ 15 grams is ALOT!

Whisk wants to tell you his story:

So mummy put me into my little carry case and told me we were going to the V-E-T-S spelling out the letters as if I wont understand it! I can spell! So she took me outside and into the car... I was very upset by this time because mummy wouldnt tell me why I was going to the vets :(

When we got there I figured out I was there to get my claws clipped. When the vet got me out of the box he called me fat! He also said give it acouple of months and I would make a nice meat pie! :eek: I didnt think vets were meant to be that mean to us animals! :(

He told mummy it was some stuff in my hamster food mix which was making me fat so he told mummy to take that stuff out! She took out all my favourite bits! :( Its not fair! :mad:

The vet said a slightly hungary hamster does more exercise! I dont want him to be right but he is! :rolleyes:

So I have been dieting for just 8 days... yesterday mummy weighted me and told me I had lost 1/2 ounce/15 grams in just one week! I am very proud of myself! Only 5 more grams to go! :D

Whisk

Hi its me again (Ellie)! Anyway cyber-sibes congrats on losing weight!

cyber-sibes
05-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey ... has ole What's-His-Name showed up to HELP? :confused: And do you guys have a NEW Place to GO to ...or will you be campin out in a WallyMart Lot?:DLOL! Yup, he rode into town yesterday. He moved into our "new" place... Naval housing. Fairly nice sized backyard, fenced in, not nearly the 3 acres & 3 huge buildings we have now, but we're working on down-sizing our belongings as well as ourselves!

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2007, 11:44 AM
He rode into town yesterday.

He moved into our "new" place ... Naval housing.
Fairly nice sized backyard, fenced in,
not nearly the 3 acres & 3 huge buildings we have now ...

:confused:
"Naval Housing" ... sounds ominous ...

Ya got a Single Family House, a Condo, a Multi-plex, or a TENT? :eek:

Building a back-yard bungalow for the FurKids; or are they moving IN with the 2-Leggers?

Did JJ <snap> and *snappies* of the New Digs?

Happie Packing ...

HEY - iffin ya got "extra stuff" ... bring it Sunday ... set up a Table ...
an hold a PikNik Sale! :p

ratdogg
05-20-2007, 11:54 AM
That's so great you're losing weight! Before and After pics make it amazing to see the difference. i've shed weight since january too.

I can REALLY understand how hard it is to lose weight. Good job!!!!!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/ratdog81/thenandnow.jpg

cyber-sibes
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow, Deb & ratdogg81, you can really tell a difference! Isn't it amazing what even 25 lbs. less makes? I have so much more energy. Keep up the good work, you two!

Phred, it's a side-by-side duplex with other civilian DOD employees. Right now it's a guy whose retiring from the submarine facility. We'll get new neighbors when they leave in Nov. There are at least 4 large developments of Naval housing near the Newport base. Each of them has large park-like areas, walking paths, there's a common community center, (and our complex has a brand new swimming pool ;) )

Good idea about the pic-nic sale, but since we're planning to leave at the crack of dawn on Monday, we're hauling everything off now to Goodwill that won't on the moving truck. I thought about a yard sale, but honestly it's all I've been able to do to keep up with this place & get ready to go - I've been "the Lone Ranger" for the past 6 mos.!

sandragonfly
05-20-2007, 04:05 PM
good for you all!! :D :D I know how you must be proud. :)

no pictures from me. :o that'd need to be in this thread - I'm gaining it! (post your pictures!) :p would anyone spare me some pounds?

again, congratulations!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow! Everyone looks fantastic! You can really tell the difference! :) :)

Dorothy39
05-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Great "Before' and "After' pictures ! ;)

anna_66
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Pat you really look great! Doesn't make you feel good when you can see and feel the difference of those pounds?!

Everyone else looks great too!

Husky_mom
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
no pictures from me. :o that'd need to be in this thread - I'm gaining it! (post your pictures!) :p would anyone spare me some pounds?

you sure can have mine......LOL.......

I canīt seem to go on diets or anything.....I get easily bored...... need to loose a few..... 15 or so.......

Pawsitive Thinking
05-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Getting ready to go out last night I discovered that nothing really fitted me properly and I looked and felt like a right porker so I am joining you all!

Aiming to lose 7lb :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I searched my digital albums for something before I started weightwatchers but realize I mostly hide when I see a camera. Prior to starting WW I pretty much wore tees and a couple loose pants. Mostly pajamas :o I do wear a smaller size now and I have bought some cuter shirts, jeans and capris :)

The first was almost three years ago when our first grandbaby was born...the second was last week when we were in Texas for the birth of our fourth brandbaby......that is PT AdoreMyDog's baby Quinn that I am holding.

I can see a difference when I compare these and that makes me happy.

Any other losers out there?? I am enjoying the pictures very much and see amazing differences in all of you.

edit: added a third current picture with minus 80+ pounds. Latest pic is from June08 - my daughter said to hold still so she could get the pic - I don't like to be in pictures still!!

ratdogg
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
wow, there is a real difference between the two pics! great job :)

cyber-sibes
06-04-2007, 07:36 PM
WOW, I notice a huge diffence! (Oops, no pun intended ;) )
I find looking at photos helps me keep motivated. Keep up the good work!

AdoreMyDogs
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I searched my digital albums for something before I started weightwatchers but realize I mostly hide when I see a camera. Prior to starting WW I pretty much wore tees and a couple loose pants. Mostly pajamas :o I do wear a smaller size now and I have bought some cuter shirts, jeans and capris :)

The first was almost three years ago when our first grandbaby was born...the second was last week when we were in Texas for the birth of our fourth brandbaby......that is PT AdoreMyDog's baby Quinn that I am holding.

I can see a difference when I compare these and that makes me happy.

Any other losers out there?? I am enjoying the pictures very much and see amazing differences in all of you.

Wow Debbie that's amazing! Very, very well done :) I am afraid I'm on the "gaining train" and not the losing one, but once I get into my medical transcription job I'll sign up for Weight Watchers to lose.

Excellent work to everyone who's lost pounds, way to go!

king2005
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I've gained a little, but only enough to notice... I'm back on my diet of very little to NO take out... I need to loose a good 20lbs & then I'll be at my goal... I'm about a 34-35, so thats still not too bad, compaired to before!! 38 TIGHT! gah!! Never again!! With the warmer weather I'm out playing sports with work & friends, so I'm almost always on the go... I'm actually really tired. I just haven't stopped... I have NOT had a single weekend to relax in 3 months. Joe & gang will not leave me alone lol So I really think I'm putting on muscle & thats why I'm getting a wee bit bigger... so blah to me lol

Pawsitive Thinking
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow! You look great!

Following the strict diet of my new guru (Whisk) I have lost 2lb in just over a week. Feel better already :D

sirrahbed
09-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Hey how is everyone doing? I will try to get some recent pcs taken and posted - still trying to maintain and hopefully keep it a lifetime commitment. Am trying. I posted today also at the WW thread and hope to spark a little more input from you fellow losers so we can all be winners and live-ers!.

Cookiebaker
09-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Wow, this thread is so inspirational! :) I've started dieting again, and today is day 13. My wedding rings fit so much better already! My mantra is "Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels!"

Its gonna be hard today because my daughter and I are going to a lady's breakfast. :eek: I hope to stick by the fruit bowl. haha :D

cyber-sibes
09-20-2008, 04:38 PM
it's good to come back & read this thread again. I kept the 40 lbs. off I lost in WW last year for quite a while, but about a 1 lb. month's been creeping back on since late spring, and I really want to lose it (again) before the coldest weather is here. (Cause I love cold weather comfort foods!)