PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think I am ready to meet Sir Jury!

Catty1
05-19-2007, 12:10 AM
The surgery is Tuesday - check into hobspittal (love that Phred!) at 7:45, surgery at 9:45 - so done by noon and time for lunch! :D (NOT lol)

The nice lady at admitting told me that I was second - the Dr had one before me and 7 after. I said, "Oh, good, he'll just be getting warmed up and won't be jaded from all the later ones." She laughed - and of all the people who need laughs, the med people that deal mostly with the public REALLY need them. JMO

Anyway, ready to get this done - have tons of support. I don't need to iron what I thought I did....why iron a nightgown when you're gonna be mostly sleeping for week one?

My furbabes will be at the kennel where I used to work - and where they came from - so I am happy about that!

I am not freaking out yet. Maybe I will. But I am just ready to get this done.

No way out but through - and that is fine by me.

Will try to post Monday morning - and my mom's pooter is REALLY old, but COTD is her home page, so maybe I can check in at the end of next week!

Take care, PT Pals! :)

Taz_Zoee
05-19-2007, 12:56 AM
You will be in my thoughts for a safe surgery and a quick recovery.
Take care! :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I hope that everything goes well and that you have a quick recovery without any complications. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-19-2007, 06:31 AM
GOOD LUCK Catty !!! I will be thinking of you :)

rosethecopycat
05-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Best of Luck to you.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-19-2007, 07:10 AM
yes.. good luck! :) Hope you are 100% real soon!

pitc9
05-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I'll be thinking of you!

Kirsten
05-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care of you, I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Kirsten

Alysser
05-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Good luck, Catty1! I hope all goes well tommorow.

moosmom
05-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Candace,

We are all here for you, honey. You've got my number and I've got yours. I'll try and check up on you once you're back home.

Huge ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

Donna

Babyboonie
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Good luck Catty! We'll be thinking of you. xx

kimlovescats
05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Prayers for an uncomplicated surgery and speedy recovery!

Hugs,
Kim

petslover
05-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I wish you a speedy recovery. I am sure you'll be back on your feet within on time. Good Luck.

RedHedd
05-19-2007, 03:28 PM
We'll be thinking of you and praying that the Sir-Jury is a piece of cake!

Whisk_Luva
05-19-2007, 03:50 PM
We'll be thinking of you and praying that the Sir-Jury is a piece of cake!

Yum I like cake! :D

What do you mean this threads not about cake? :p

What do you mean our good friend Candace is going to have surgery?

Ohhhh I think I get it! Good luck Candace's piece of cake who is having surgery! :D

If Candace's cake is having surgery why are her/ Candace's pets going to the kennels? :confused:

Ohhhhhhhhh! Good luck Candace with your surgery! Wish your cake luck with its surgery for me as well!

P.S I take it your piece of cake's surgery involves being swallowed... but then it needs to be done some time doesnt it!?! :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Best of luck on the surgery Candace!! You'll be so happy when you get it over with and on with your new and happy life. Thoughts and prayers going out to you. Save me some green jello :D Oops. I'll have plenty of my own. ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Best of luck to you! :)

ChrisH
05-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

DrKym
05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
My prayers and support Candace......hurry up and heal so we can see you back ASAP!!

Love
Kym

sirrahbed
05-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Best wishes and prayers for you, Candace. I would be rather nervous also as I may soon face this myself. (((HUGS))) and will look for updates. :)

dukedogsmom
05-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Good luck girl! Do you know I wasn't hardly nervous at all? I think it was because I was so glad to be having the operation in the first place. I hope you do well and heal quickly. When you get up and down, do it fast. If you pause when you're halfway through it, the pain will last longer. And remember to hold the pillow on your stomach when getting up and walking. It helps a lot! I think someone here told me about it.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I am sure everything will go well and you will soon be back with us

Logan
05-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Good luck to you! I know everything will go fine and hopefully in a short while you will be feeling terrific!! :) You will be in my prayers.

Logan

slick
05-21-2007, 11:16 AM
I've started my prayers already Catty!!! I just know that Phred will keep us up to date and of course, I'll be doing my own investigation. ;)

Catty1
05-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I wasn't sure if you were on holidays...I left a phone msg for you and PM'd Moosmom. Moosmom gets free phone minutes, so I thought it would be best for her to call my mom and confirm that I am still sucking air tomorrow evening! :D

Anyway, you have my mom's number too...Phred doesn't....not sure how he would update...I think he will need to be UPDATED!

:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyway, you have my mom's number too ... Phred doesn't ...
not sure how he would update ... I think he will need to be UPDATED!

:(

Sad, but true. :(

The "new rules" the Hoppsbittles follow makes it darn near IMPOSSIBLE to
check up on a Patient even if you're a Blood Relative! :mad:

If you really WANT someone to be able to inquire, and be TOLD anything at all,
you have to pre-list them on your admittance form.

Or the Inquiring Party has to tell some real WOPPER TAILS to a not-so-swift
hospital worker
who will believe anything.

Heck, last tyme I was in the Hoppsbittle, even *I* couldn't get a straight answer
when I asked my NURSE how I was doing! "Oh, you'll have to ask the Doctor."

We may not "know much", but we'll be Prayin Up a Storm!

/s/ Phred & the Prayer Pups

lvpets2002
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
:) Oh Candace as you & I have discussed = you will feel so so much better.. I was in such agonyy that when it was over I felt like a whole diff person.. I also had to Chuckle at all the Kotex Commercials.. :D Good Luck & talk to us when you can.. ;)

dukedogsmom
05-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I felt like a different person when I had recovered. I agree that you will feel so much better. If someone hasn't told you yet, www.hystersisters.com is a good place to go for support.

Donnaj4962
05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Many prayers and well wishes from me and the girls in Indiana! I am certain that all will go well. I will be watching for an update.... I don't care who does it, just as long as it is done! ;) Phred.... Moosmom.... makes no difference! Just let us know!

crow_noir
05-24-2007, 02:50 AM
*HUGS* G'luck.

Good thoughts and prayers from me!

I wasn't sure if you were on holidays...I left a phone msg for you and PM'd Moosmom. Moosmom gets free phone minutes, so I thought it would be best for her to call my mom and confirm that I am still sucking air tomorrow evening! :D

Anyway, you have my mom's number too...Phred doesn't....not sure how he would update...I think he will need to be UPDATED!

:D

slick
05-24-2007, 07:28 PM
:o :o I'm very embarrassed.....you see, I spoke to Catty earlier today and promised to update this thread. Then my cleaning lady showed up and I was helping her clean up my deck. Now I see that Catty is on and probably wondering why I have not posted in here. I'm sorry Catty. :o :( Do you want to post your own update???

Catty1
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone!

First: Daily and Delilah - I had to laugh - all my jello was GREEN! Try to explain to the staff why the green jello is funny when you are still whacked on morphine and anesthetic...I am lucky they kept me on the same ward! :-D

Sir Jury was Tuesday morning at 10:15 MT...the last staple went into place at 12:46 and I was wheeled out at 12:58. So the nurse told me right from the OP report.

For me - I blinked and there I was in recovery!

It couldn' have gone better. I walked a lot yesterday, ALL "required functions" were back in place by this morning - and here I am at mom's.

A tad sore, tired - but doing great.

Moosmom and Slick - thank you! for the calls.

I am tired but good. HUGS to everyone!

Edit = SLICK! lol - I just thought maybe you and MM had posted elsewhere! NP! :-)

Catch you later....

dukedogsmom
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Good to hear from you. I'm glad everything went well and you're doing great. You'll feel better every day now :)

Karen
05-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Yay, glad you are home!

moosmom
05-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Boy, talk about a quick recovery, girl. I was shocked when I got you on the phone instead of your mom. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you sound wonderful! Just remember to take it easy and listen to your body. Believe me, it'll tell you when it's time to nap.

So relieved and glad you're home where you should be. If you need me, just call sweetie. :D :D

lvpets2002
05-25-2007, 08:51 AM
:) So glad all went well Candace.. I will this weekend find you that Special Get Well Card.. Are you Laughing at all the Kotex Commercials Yet.. :D

Catty1
05-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Am home for a moment, then back to mom's....what a BLESSING that woman is! :D

I am feeling wonderful, still have to rest and take it easy.

I wasn't able to post on Phred's Bowser til today...and poor Katie and Cricket...and Mom is waiting for me... LOL.

Everyone take care, I'll have some major catching up and reading to do in a few days! :)

HUGS!

krazyaboutkatz
05-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you're at your mom's and doing well.:) I hope you recover quickly and take care.

Daisy and Delilah
05-26-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm so glad to hear how well you did Candace. Good for you!! I've been in a complete daze for 5 days. So many drugs and not enough time.

I didn't get one bite of green jello. All they had was orange but it was probably the tastiest thing I ate the entire time I was there. Hospital food??? Yuck!! :(

Ok. About to run out of energy. Take care and enjoy your new life. You're gonna love it!! :)