PDA

View Full Version : Get OFF of my child!

Sirrahsim
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I took Tyler out to our favorite play center today (best place ever!) and was shocked to find that there were two elementary school groups there so the place was quite crowded. The lady at the front told me that the largest group was due to be leaving in about 15 minutes but if it was too crazy in there for us we could have our money back. I figured that was fine and for the most part it was. There was even this adorable redheaded girl who kept following Tyler and "helping" him up the ladders and things... The whole place is full of inflatable boucne rooms and stuff for little kids to play on.
Then we met up with the class bully :mad: We were staying out of everyones way playing on the toy that got the least attention when this kid (probably 7 or 8 years old) came up and pushed his way past Tyler in one of the tunnels. I figured I'd let it go because no one was hurt and Tyler didn't even seem to notice. Then the kid came around again and shoved past Tyler only this time he tripped and fell down on top of Tyler!!! The kicker is that he didn't get up!! He just stayed there laying ON TOP of my child and holding him down!! Poor Tyler was freaking out so I had to climb my enormous butt up into that tunnel and pull the kid off and tell him to get off of my child. The kid just gave me a dirty look and went off down the tunnel... :mad: :mad: :mad: I was livid but the boy disappeared before I could figure out which group he was with and who was in charge of him
Thankfully after the elementary school kids left things calmed down a little :) I was asked 3 or 4 different times by workers if Tyler was ok and having fun despite the big kids. The owner lady even came up to me at one point and gave me a free pass to come back again because of how crazy it was today. I have no problems going back to this place again because it was not their fault at all but I DO plan on calling next time to make sure no big groups of big kids are planned!!!

*sigh* I can't believe he was holding Tyler down when Tyler was obviously terrified... Who does that???

moosmom
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Bullies!!! :mad: Where the heck were the adults during all this anyway??? I'd be livid too. I would've made a point to find out who was in charge of this bully and set him straight. I was bullied as a kid so it really irks me when I hear stuff like this. :mad:

Sirrahsim
05-18-2007, 12:51 PM
oh believe me, I wanted to talk with whoever was in charge of him but by the time I was able to calm Tyler and calm myself enough not to use fowl language the kid had vanished into the sea of grade schoolers. Grrrr little brat :mad:

moosmom
05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Poor Tyler. I hope he's okay. And you climbing in there to his rescue. I had this pictue in my head as I read it and only wished there was a video camera rolling.

Some kids need a good swift kick in the behind. That bully was one of them.

Jods
05-18-2007, 01:01 PM
IS there anyway you could find out the school and phone and make a general complaint.

Honestly IMO if its a school trip then they shouldn't let public in they should have it booked for just them for an hour or so. HE could have been seriously injured with so many other kids.

Sirrahsim
05-18-2007, 01:14 PM
From how it sounded the school groups had the place booked up until the time that "Open Jump" was supposed to start but arrived late or something so ended up overlapping by about 30 minutes. I could tell that the staff were none too happy so I don't think that the overlap was planned at all...

Tyler is just fine. As soon as I calmed him down he was ready to go right back in to the same tunnel. I'm just going to let it go this time... I really don't think that we'll have this problem again. The atmosphere is usually SO fun and relaxed with less than a dozen kids who are at most 4 or 5 years old.
At least Tyler had fun :)

And you climbing in there to his rescue. I had this pictue in my head as I read it and only wished there was a video camera rolling.
It wasn't pretty. I am as big as the broad side of a barn at this point and just barely fit :rolleyes: :p