PDA

View Full Version : *Update* Kiara's new human changed her mind. :-(

Medusa
05-18-2007, 08:36 AM
If you'll recall, Kiara is the cat that a friend and I (more she than I) rescued from a household where the family dog attacked her twice, both times causing injuries serious enough for surgery. Well, Suzy thought she found a home for Kiara, an 80 year old woman who had no other pets. And the woman's daughter assured Suzy that if something would happen to her mother, the daughter would take her. Yeah, right. I knew that she was just buying Suzy's face. Well, the woman changed her mind and, of course, the daughter didn't want Kiara. So now Kiara sits at a Petsmart with a bandaged tail and a not too happy expression on her face. This poor little girl has been through so much. I really was hoping that she'd be settled by now. I'm praying that Suzy decided to keep her but she says that 8 cats is all she can handle and I can certainly sympathize. So if/when I hear some good news, I'll be sure to post.

Taz_Zoee
05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh no!! Poor Kiara. :( If only I lived closer, I'd take her and help her find a good home. This is so sad. I am hoping for good news over the weekend.

catmandu
05-18-2007, 06:01 PM
That has to be the saddest thing to see those Sad Faces in cages wanting someone, anyone to love them and be thier friend.
I am sorry that Kiara is there now and we hope and pray that someone will see her and fall in love with that Dear Little Cat.

Catty1
05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh, Kiara! I hope you have your furrever home SOON! :(

Grace
05-19-2007, 06:15 PM
That has to be the saddest thing to see those Sad Faces in cages wanting someone, anyone to love them and be thier friend.
I am sorry that Kiara is there now and we hope and pray that someone will see her and fall in love with that Dear Little Cat.

What Gary said. This breaks my heart.

momcat
05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
My heart is breaking for little Kiara, rejected again. Maybe it's better this way than for Kiara to be adopted and abandoned once again.

Try not to worry, little Kiara. Right now there's someone out there looking for you. Someone who will love you beyond measure, who will care for you and see that you get everything you could possibly need or want, and will be your loyal companion always. Prayer are being prayed for your very special someone to find you very very soon!

krazyaboutkatz
05-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope she'll find her loving forever home soon.

lvpets2002
05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
:( I am so sorry & sad for poor wittle Kiara.. I wish she was closer to Texas..

Medusa
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
If I wasn't maxed out w/cats, I'd take Kiara myself. But now w/two offices, I'm working too much and my finances are really being stretched w/5 of my cats needing vet care in the last month. I haven't talked to Suzy in a while. I was supposed to see her today but I didn't, so I'll email her and see what's up and keep you posted. Here's hoping there's good news....

Medusa
05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Here's the email I just received from Suzy:

As for Kiara, I went last night and picked her up from Petsmart. They called me and said she had thrown up (phlegm). I'm thinking it may have been cage stress, because she has been fine since I got her home - imagine that - ha! I was REALLY ticked when I picked her up because she smelled so bad of poop. Turns out, she had poop stuck to her behind. I went up to the manager and ripped him a new a..hole and told him if they had a problem keeping her free of poop, they should have called me and I would have come up and cleaned her off! There was a couple interested in her shortly before I got there (I was told) and they took my number. They probably were turned off from her smell. I've never had an issue with them up there, but I was pretty hot last night and they knew it! Ray helped me give her a bath last night and surprisingly she did pretty well! She was so tired that after I towel dried her (she wouldn't let me blow dry her) and combed her, she fell asleep. Now, she's sitting in the window upstairs. SuzyQ

phesina
05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Oh my God...

Maybe I'm not so far away after all...

Pat

orangemm
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Poor little girl. I pray someone will adopt this little sweetheart. :(

Kalei
05-22-2007, 05:00 PM
So Suzy did take Kiara? I really hope that this would be the right furrever home for Kiara. Poor kitty, I hate seeing sad kitties, someday when I am at my own place and not my parents, I am going to save little kitties that are rejected by others, just like Kiara has been. It's so sad.:(

Pawla
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
How long will Kiera be with you? I sure hope she finds a furrever home! I hate to see animals not cared for. Good for you on ripping of the new a**hole!

Medusa
05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Kiara is back at Suzie's for the time being. She's not sure what she's going to do next. She's adopted out several cats through Petsmart but this really made her angry. For right now, Kiara is in the best place she can be, at Suzie's. I don't want to pressure her to keep Kiara because she has 8 cats of her own already and her husband has just gone back to work after being unemployed for 5 months. Their finances are stretched. But I have a feeling she's going to end up keeping Kiara anyhow. I'll keep you posed w/any news.

catmandu
05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
The Petsmart Near Me Is Great With Thier Cats They Are Cleaned All The Time And Seem As Happy As They Can Be Under The Circumstances.
I Am Sorry That They Were So Careless With Kiara.
We Hope Theres A New Guardian For Her And She Ends Up Being Loved In A Furr Ever Home!!!

momcat
05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Medusa, Three cheers for you ripping that bozo a new one!!!! Personally, I think you showed incredible restraint under the circumstances. One would think a place like PetSmart would go out of their way to make sure each and every kitty up for adoption was presentable and that includes sparkling clean. Poor little Kiara, I hope their "oversight" didn't cost our little girl her purrfect furever home! Please let us know how Kiara makes out?

Medusa
05-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, actually, it wasn't I who did that. It was Suzy. I copied her email and posted it. But I feel the same way you do; they had it coming. She emailed me again this morning and said that Kiara is as happy as a clam sitting on her lap but their cat Boo isn't real pleased about it. I think that's the real reason she isn't keeping Kiara. She doesn't want any cat politics and peeing and I can certainly understand that.

Pawla
05-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I am hoping and praying that either you or Suzie can keep Kiera, if not that she finds a furrever home! This poor girl has been through so much.

Hellow
05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I know this may sound stupid but, whoes Kira?

Medusa
05-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Long story short, she was given up by a family whose vicious dog attacked her twice, both times causing serious injury and requiring surgery. The guy called me to find a home for her and luckily, Suzy had a foster opening. She's tried unsuccessfully to place her so she's back w/Suzy for the time being.

I would love to take Kiara but I'm stretched to the max financially. I have a house full of sick cats right now, 4 w/URI's, one had nosebleeds, one just got over a bacterial infection of the hair follicles, now my Puddy has a UTI and I'm just waiting to take her to the vet in the morning. I'm just about to lose my mind here.