PDA

View Full Version : Guess what, guess what, guess what???!!!

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 02:00 AM
I just lost my plug. :D Yay, so excited! Finally a sign I'm going into REAL labor soon and that there are changes going on! Oooh I so hope I don't have to wait until Monday!!! :D :D :D

This is so exciting!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-18-2007, 02:37 AM
I started losing mine on October 20th at Noon - I had Emma at 4:30 the next morning! Good luck, soon your little bundle of joy will be arriving! :D

Sirrahsim
05-18-2007, 05:38 AM
:( oh hunny... I lost mine last week :( The mucus plug can regenerate...
I hope this means it for you though!!!! Come on out Kai!

Jods
05-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Hopefully this is it for you!

k9krazee
05-18-2007, 07:55 AM
C'mon out Kai....we want to meet you!!!!

sparks19
05-18-2007, 11:08 AM
oooooooooh how exciting....

Can't wait to hear the news.

I hope it happens soon for you..... and I really hope I don't have to go through what you are going through :D

Husky_mom
05-18-2007, 11:11 AM
come out.....come out.....wherever you are....(well we know were you are :rolleyes: but come on Kai)

canīt wait to see you!!

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
:( oh hunny... I lost mine last week :( The mucus plug can regenerate...
I hope this means it for you though!!!! Come on out Kai!

LOL, I know. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be soon! :p At least there's some sign of change. I can only hope right now. Maybe I'll get lucky! :D

I lost mine about a week or two before I had Dylan...seemed like forever!

Well at least I only have to wait until Monday right? 4 more days...it seems like an eternity!

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
come out.....come out.....wherever you are....(well we know were you are :rolleyes: but come on Kai)

If I would have laughed any harder I'd swear my water would have broke LOL! :D

sandragonfly
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
:D :D soon! soon...

*congos* ... I know you want to too, kai - come on out! :D

Logan
05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Good luck, Cass! :) I never went into "real" labor with Helen and I wish I had. Never got to experience labor in the natural way that it was intended!

Logan

Cookiebaker
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
You are definitely getting closer! :) For my, I lost my plug at 7:00 in the morning, and Lydia was born at 7;05 that night! There's definite hope there!

tikeyas_mom
05-18-2007, 02:14 PM
OHH how exciting!!! common out little Baby Kai!!!! We cant wait to meet you!!!!! :D

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I highly doubt it will be tonight or something but hey, I can always hope right? :p Still having contractions though, just not "the" contractions.

AdoreMyDogs
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
That's cool that the plug came out, hopefully it doesn't regenerate for you. I'm not sure if I noticed my plug coming out at all. I really had no idea what it was supposed to look like, so I may have missed mine...but then again, I was induced 10 days before my actual due date, so I may not have lost mine at all. Hmm.

Good luck and hurry up, Kai!

Toby's my baby
05-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Yay!! Hopefully he comes out before Monday!! Good luck! :)

Marigold2
05-18-2007, 09:01 PM
OUCH!!!!! Good luck.

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Well my contractions are getting closer together so I will start timing myself here in a little bit. I'm going to eat something and walk around and see if they don't go away first. They are making me lightheaded. :o

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-19-2007, 06:18 AM
how exciting for you.. it will all be over before you know it..

hurry up Kai !

luckies4me
05-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I stayed up most of the night last night timing myself. I was having contractions about every 6 minutes, and some I only had a break for about 2 minutes between, and then they vanished! Poof! They just stopped. So I was able to sleep pretty well after that at least. All I know is I'm not going back to the hospital until I know 100% that I need to go. I'll be 100% on Monday after they break my water or induce me. :p

Does anyone know how long it takes after a shot of pitocin for labor contractions to kick in? Does it always start out rough?

angelbow20
05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
It really depends on the shot, for me I got my shot early in the morning maybe around 9 am and ended up having Aiden around 12 hours later, I had to wait an extra day to get the shot because I was in too much labor and I was contracting every minute so couldnt get induced until they slowed down! Sometimes it goes really quick though so it will most likely be within that day! but good luck I cant wait to see baby pictures!

AdoreMyDogs
05-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Well I stayed up most of the night last night timing myself. I was having contractions about every 6 minutes, and some I only had a break for about 2 minutes between, and then they vanished! Poof! They just stopped. So I was able to sleep pretty well after that at least. All I know is I'm not going back to the hospital until I know 100% that I need to go. I'll be 100% on Monday after they break my water or induce me. :p

Does anyone know how long it takes after a shot of pitocin for labor contractions to kick in? Does it always start out rough?

yes they start right away but it didn't hurt at all until a couple hours into it. Once they start Pitocin it goes quick, but contractions, at least for me, were VERY easy to work with until about 3 hours from Quinn being born. My labor was 10 hours total, so about 7 hours were very easy to work threw (at least for me). They became excruciating about 3 or 3.5 hours before I had my baby laid on my chest. Good luck and my thoughts are with you :)

luckies4me
05-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks!

They broke my water with Dylan and I started contracting immediately, but my labor slowed down so they gave me pitocin to speed things up...about 3 times. :rolleyes: But that was with the first, and this is the second and well you know what they say....

So I've never had it from the get go. I figure it would be the same as having my water break, since you start contracting soon after? I'm just a big wuss when it comes to pain, so I want to it go the easiest way possible. I sure hope he just breaks my water. I tested positive for GBS so I need antibiotics during labor, so the only bad thing is I need to go to the hospital ASAP if my water breaks.

I labored for 17 hours with Dylan so hopefully this will make things go a lot quicker. I was so tired after and can't imagine spending all that time doing it again. Did anyone get an epidural after the pain became unbearable? I only got to 5 cent. with Dylan before I couldn't take it anymore. I feel like such a wimp. :(

Of course, I still haven't packed my bag. :rolleyes: :p

Oh and thank you to everyone who replies. It's nice to be able to talk to people about it. Even though I've been there done that, I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. As I'm sure you can tell. :o

kimlovescats
05-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Hang in there, sweetheart, you'll do fine! ;)

AdoreMyDogs
05-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks!

They broke my water with Dylan and I started contracting immediately, but my labor slowed down so they gave me pitocin to speed things up...about 3 times. :rolleyes: But that was with the first, and this is the second and well you know what they say....

So I've never had it from the get go. I figure it would be the same as having my water break, since you start contracting soon after? I'm just a big wuss when it comes to pain, so I want to it go the easiest way possible. I sure hope he just breaks my water. I tested positive for GBS so I need antibiotics during labor, so the only bad thing is I need to go to the hospital ASAP if my water breaks.

I labored for 17 hours with Dylan so hopefully this will make things go a lot quicker. I was so tired after and can't imagine spending all that time doing it again. Did anyone get an epidural after the pain became unbearable? I only got to 5 cent. with Dylan before I couldn't take it anymore. I feel like such a wimp. :(

Of course, I still haven't packed my bag. :rolleyes: :p

Oh and thank you to everyone who replies. It's nice to be able to talk to people about it. Even though I've been there done that, I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. As I'm sure you can tell. :o

Oh goodness, get that bag packed! As far as the epidural, I guess everyone handles pain differently. I never expected to make it far at all without one, and I made it to 8cm. I am sure I could have gone without it if I wasn't given a time line...my anstheologist (sp?) had to go to a C-Section, and so they said that if I didn't get the epidural then, I wasn't going to be able to get one at all since he was going to be tied up in surgery the rest of my labor. My next one I'm going to take a Bradley class and try natural, but the epidural was a pretty good thing...not sure if I'd be able to go all the way. Making it to 8cm was above and beyond my expectations, and I'm glad to have had the chance to even labor since Quinn was breech until just a week before my scheduled induction.

Oh, and you think you're a wuss with pain, I actually passed out when I had my ears pierced, and labor wasn't even so bad...I guess when the reward is so great, you forget about the pain. I forgot about it instantlly.

I can't wait until the little one gets here, I am excited to see pics of him :) Good luck, and hopefully it'll be a quick labor!

luckies4me
05-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm not a good breather so the epidural is a must for me!

I'm not going to pack my bags until tomorrow. Most of the stuff that I'm going to put in there are in use, so I can't really pack them at this moment. But I will get the babies stuff together tonight. I really don't see a need to get things together now, as it will take all of about 5 minutes to put everything together before I leave lol.

Today and tomorrow are big days because I have massive cleaning/organizing to do before Monday. I want to make sure everything is in order. If I'm lucky Dylan can help out.

Monday morning I have a dental cleaning at 7:45, then I figure after that I'll go home and take a nice long bath followed by a good nap before going to my appt at 4.

sabies
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Good luck! You sound like you are trying to do so much stuff for someone so close - I mean I don't think I could sit thru a dental cleaning I'd be so antsy.

I hope it all goes well for you. I don't know much about labor that might help you since I'm 6 weeks behind you with my first.