PDA

View Full Version : Contractions/labor and delivery...frustrated!

luckies4me
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I've been in labor and delivery now for the past couple of nights. I went in the other day with regular contractions, about 6 minutes apart lasting anywhere from a minute to 3 minutes long! :eek: I have never had to go through this before. I've never been this far in a pregnancy. Dylan was three weeks early and I was not nearly as uncomfortable with him as I am this time around. I've been having regular contractions for about three days now. No, not the fakies either. I mean these are full blown contractions. They are very painful. The doctor said I have an irritable uterus...these contractions are suppose to jump start my labor but they aren't. I had no change the first night I went into the hospital so I was sent home. Even with regular contractions they didn't want to do anything at that time because I'm only 38 weeks. So they gave me an Ambien (sp?) so I could try to get some rest and I went home. Well, the Ambien did nothing to help me rest. All it did was make me feel like I guzzled down a half bottle of JD...I was VERY loopy! Pretty much drunk! I slept for about an hour and was up for the rest of the night! :(

I had a follow up appt. yesterday morning at 9:20 and still no change, even with regular contractions. I was given two types of medication to help me through everything. Nifedipin to help ease the pain of the contractions, and Lorazepam to help me relax and get some sleep. Well they weren't helping. The pain got so intense that I went back to L&D last night. I was 1 and a half centimeters dilated...some progress, but still not enough to keep me there. Back home I went!

The contractions are still not letting up. I've had almost no sleep in the past three days and if labor does kick in I'll probably pass out from exhaustion! I have no energy and all I want to do is lay down. The medication is not helping one little bit. And to make matters worse I lost my prenatal records! I think I left them at the hospital. :rolleyes:

The same thing happened with Dylan. I was contracting and contracting but not dilating. I was thinning so they broke my water and even then labor was slow to come around. The doctor doesn't want to do anything right now. If he doesn't come this weekend Monday I will be induced. He won't make me wait any longer, especially since he thinks the baby is going to be pretty big.

I'm a little scared because my labor SUCKED with Dylan. I pushed for 17 hours, 3 of those hours were just to get his head out. I had a third degree episiotomy, and I'm not looking forward to having that done again, which will most likely be the case. He wasn't breathing when he came out and they took him to the back room immediately. My midwife didn't want to do anything to get him out faster, even though his heart beat had dropped considerably. He was only 7 lbs. 7 ounces and couldn't fit. How the heck am I to push out an even larger baby?!!! I don't want to go through hours of labor and then have to have a c-section.

I am more at ease with this doctor though. He is great! He makes me feel comfortable so I'm sure he will do what is in my best interest...I'm just scared and frustrated I'll have another repeat of what happened last time.

I can't wait until Monday!

luckies4me
05-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh and if you all are wondering why I've been on PT so much lately I really have nothing better to do than sit and wait, so PT is pretty much my sanity right now!

So keep posting interesting things for me to read, LOL! :p

lvpets2002
05-17-2007, 04:49 PM
:) Alright soon another Jr Pet Talk member.. Congrats & pics when you can..

Toby's my baby
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Good luck! I hope he gets outa there before Monday!! ;) Sounds very painful, I sure hope you can get some sleep soon and the pain decreases a little for you. I'll praying and crossing my fingers for a good, FAST delivery with no complications!

My Peanuts
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
You poor thing. You must be so uncomfortable. Good vibes on the way that labor starts any minute! :)

angelbow20
05-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I had an 8 pound 11 ounce baby and had to have that suction thing to get him out! I was in labor for a couple days and went into labor the night before I was to be induced and for a week they kept saying I was only 1/2 centimeter dialated and were going to use some balloon thing on me until the head dr. decided to check before they did that and saw that I was actually 3 centimeters dialated and they broke my water that morning around 9 am and I had my son at 9:24 pm I ended up with tons of stitches :rolleyes: ! Hang in there you will do great im sure and hopefully they will just give you a C section if you want.

luckies4me
05-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been trying to sleep all day and I just can't get any rest. Hopefully tonight. Everyone and their mother is calling me, so when I'm about to doze off I just wake back up! :(

I really can't wait for this to be over.

Sirrahsim
05-18-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm a big fan of taking the phone off of the hook :rolleyes: I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble. Hopefully it will all be over soon and you will have your baby in your arms :)

trayi52
05-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Cass, hope that baby decides to come on out very soon. I hate to think of you sitting around in so much pain, and pain it is! I'll be praying for you and the baby, sweetie.

Willie

Kirsten
05-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I never had a baby, so I can only try to imagine how frustrating and painful this is! The waiting must drive you crazy! (well, at least there's PetTalk to distract you from this).

I wish you good luck, and hope that Kai Vincent will finally come out there and say "hi" to you! :)

Kirsten

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Now I remember why Katie is an only child ;)

I do hope your little one puts in an appearance soon

lvpets2002
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
;) Good one == I myself know why all my babies are 4 legged.. I cheated & let someone else do the labor & delivery.. I just took up the raising.. :D Good Luck sweetie & hope the baby is here soon..
Now I remember why Katie is an only child ;)

I do hope your little one puts in an appearance soon

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys. Honestly I don't know what I'd do without Pet Talk right now. It's a very good distraction!

I'd take the phone off the hook but it's a cell, and I'm always too worried to turn it off in case there's an emergency with one of my friends or family. So for now I just ignore the calls and call everyone back at night. :p

I did manage to get a fair amount of sleep this morning. It took me until 3 or so to fall asleep last night but once I fell asleep I slept pretty good. I'm going to try and go back to sleep here in a bit and see if I can get a bit more rest. After all, I need all I can get!

Karen
05-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Dang, Cass, everytime you post I think - not yet? ;) How's Dylan doing? Is he excited about a new brother?

luckies4me
05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Dang, Cass, everytime you post I think - not yet? ;) How's Dylan doing? Is he excited about a new brother?

He's super excited!!! He always makes sure to point out my belly whenever we're in public lol. :rolleyes: :p

I did feel awful for him at my baby shower though. We did the whole measure the belly game and he thought the baby was going to get hurt. :(

He kisses my tummy and tells the baby he loves him. When the baby moves he says he has "Happy Feet", like he's dancing like the penguins in the movie LOL.

Here's a couple pictures of him. In the sleeping photo if you look closely he has a scar on his head. I have a scar in the same place! He had a nasty spill at daycare. He tripped and fell into a table and split his head open, which is how I got my scar. Poor guy. It doesn't look like the scar will be very noticable though once he's older. Just weird that we have one in the same place.

He's actually having two brothers born around the same time. Dan's gf is pregnant with a little boy. She is due July 4th. So this is going to be quite a hard time for him I imagine.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Dylan sure is a cutie! Now young Kai Vincent, Mommy needs a good long sleep so don't you dare appear within the next 6 hours (he's male - it might work ;) )

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-19-2007, 06:32 AM
so sorry!!

being at the end of pregnance is the pits huh???

sending some {{hugs}}