PDA

View Full Version : Hmm any good horse critiq-ers here?

JuniorxMyxLove
05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Okay. I got some pretty good-ish pictures last week.

Here's Obie:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/OBIEfullboddddddd.jpg
okay please don't give me a bunch of crap about how his head is waaaaaaaay too big for his neck, because that's not his whole neck. My mom didn't tell me she was taking the picture, and I was turning Obie around.

And Krystal:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/KRYSTALfullBODDDDDDDD.jpg

Another me and Obie, bu not for critiquing:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/obieheadthingy.jpg

Thanks in advance!

-Melanie

buttercup132
05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
You said not to say anything about Obie's head and neck, and not to say anything about you and Obie and the picture of Krystal is of her just eating so what do you us to ciritque?:confused:

I really love Krystal's colouring though.

Vela
05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
If you want a real critique you need them standing four square facing forward and take the pic from the side with the head up at normal level.

Kalei
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Obie is as gorgeous as ever, and I don't think I've seen Krystal before, but she is sooo beautiful, I just love her coloring:D

JuniorxMyxLove
05-17-2007, 03:36 PM

I just wanted to put out there that I already knew about the head/neck problem. I don't know what you should critique, which is why I was asking you. And the one that wasn't for critiquing was just because I didn't think you could critique anything...

I know what you need for a serious critique, but I didn't exactly end up with that sort of picture, so I was just wondering about his overall confirmation. And with Krystal, is there anything you can say about her? I know she's eating..?

Hmm I was planning on posting this on another forum I go on, so I'll see if I get any other results.

Beki
05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I love obie he's awesome!
..in 11 years krystal might look like kitty hawk lol! white with fea bitten spots! lol she looked like that once upon a time...lol! man obie is almost a buckskin color he looks really light! very pretty! i never like critiqeing horses. they're my fav animal.

Toby's my baby
05-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Well... since I made it to state for horse judging..I'll put here what I would write on my card...

Obie:
Not gonna give you crap, his head isn't THAT large, but his neck is shorter
He looks a little short in front
He has a good underline, but his back line dips a lot
He has a fairly nice heartgirth (which is a good thing)
He has pretty nice front legs, but he looks as if he stands a little in on his back legs

Krystal:
Nice long thin neck ..from the picture at least
Fairly nice top line and good underline
not so nice croup..really pointy.. not rounded
She looks like she stands a little straight on her front legs

They are both beautiful! :)

JuniorxMyxLove
05-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Well... since I made it to state for horse judging..I'll put here what I would write on my card...

Obie:
Not gonna give you crap, his head isn't THAT large, but his neck is shorter
He looks a little short in front
He has a good underline, but his back line dips a lot
He has a fairly nice heartgirth (which is a good thing)
He has pretty nice front legs, but he looks as if he stands a little in on his back legs

Thanks for not giving me crap :]

His back line dips alot...like a sway-back? Because he's got one and needs a bounce pad. Maybe because he's 17.

What does it mean, stands a little in on his back legs?