PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop/PaintShopPro Users

CountryWolf07
05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Please help me out with this project - Just answer what I need y'all to answer, to those who are a frequent user of Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I am comparing both paint programs, and stating the similiarities/differences.

1. Why did you pick this paint program? What made you pick it?
2. What do you use it for?
3. What do you like best about it, what do you at least like about it? What do you WISH it had?

Thanks! :)

Whisk_Luva
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Paint shop pro.

Choose it coz it was my grans and when she died I got it

I use it for lots of things! :D

I love the photo effects and some of the pens/ patterens

What do I wish? Not much.

I also use a free software downloaded of the internet called paint.net that is very good.

kittycats_delight
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM

1. I chose Photoshop because I had used others (some for work others for use at home) and once I tried photoshop found it surpassed the other programs 100 fold.

2. I use it for a lot of different things. I use it for digital scrapbooking, photo editing, making graphics for here on PT, making other projects such as a photo collage for my mother for mother's day etc.

3. What do you like best about it, what do you at least like about it? What do you WISH it had?

3. I like that it seems that there is nothing you cannot do with it if you take the time to find the right tutorial you can do just about anything. I don't have a grasp of Image Ready so therefor I don't like that. As for what do I WISH it had...I really don't know...maybe make it a little easier to figure out. More available tutorials within the program itself.

Hope that is serves the purpose for what you need.

Michelle

slleipnir
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I've used both Adobe and PSP. I prefer Adobe. It's been a long time since I've used PSP, but I believe I found Adobe easier, and did more of the things I wanted it to

1. Why did you pick this paint program? What made you pick it? I'm not sure...I've heard good things about it.
2. What do you use it for? Drawing and photo editing
3. What do you like best about it, what do you at least like about it? What do you WISH it had? It's a great program. It has everything I need it for and more. I still don't know how to use everything on it, so I'm sure if there are things I wish it could do it's probably because I haven't figured it out yet. It can be complicated, but it works great for what I use it for

Fuzzybuns
05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
1. Why did you pick this paint program?
I have both (PSP 7-11 and Ps CS3) but of the two, I prefer PSP because it was easier to use (even my daughter could use the earlier versions when she was younger)

What made you pick it?
Again, because it was easier to learn and the price was within my budget.

Digital scrapping, other photo projects, tag making, other graphics and I skin my own forums.

3. What do you like best about it, what do you at least like about it? What do you WISH it had? The best thing is the Undo button and the worst is that apparently I've forgotten how to close it :D
I wish the newer versions still came with Animation Shop, but an updated version of it...

Blue_Frog
05-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I mostly use PSP (lol still using 7), but i also have Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop CS2 which i hardly use.

I started using PSP a long while back for editing pictures, etc. I kept using it when it was what was given to me for work for image editing at my last company, and when I moved to my current one, they gave me everything Adobe. I ended up getting them to buy me a license for PSP since i had a very short rampup time, and a lot of backlogged work to do, so it was just easier to keep using PSP.

For personal, i edit my photos, clone out blemishes on peoples pictures, crop and edit. Adjust lighting, brightness, filters, etc.
For work, i edit product photos for manuals, crop, edit. I do most of my line drawing and product layouts on it.

The only think i wish it had, and i know the later versions do, is a one click picture fix. I just have to get my company to justify the new verison. Oterwise, i'm pretty happy with it

petslover
05-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Rachel,

I don't know much about the Photo Software, but can you check your Myspace Message Account.

Thanks.

Karen
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I use Photoshop always. I am a professional graphic designer, and it is the most professional program there is. Print places will always accept a Photoshop file. It deals well in converting to CMYK, works in differing resolutions, and you can control the most minute details. While it is the most powerful program out there, it can intimidate new comers, but it is well worth it to learn the program.