PDA

View Full Version : "Pet Angel Fund for Spaying Gizzy et al"

Pages : [1] 2

lvpets2002
05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
"This is only for those interested in donating, the issue discussed ad nauseum in another thread, and link to that (which will then be closed) Thread.. Ok here is the info.. Fund Is Set Up Now under The Pet Angel Fund = Ref: Rhonda Willis (mom) & Briana Phillips.. This is a Must == Make Checks Out to The Pet Angel Fund == Mail:: Checks Attn: Linda [at the] Robinson Animal Hospital 202 W. Watagua Ave. Johnson City, TN 37601 {This is also the Location of where the Pets would be taken for the Medical Attention} Phone # 423-928-1616 Now I will be mailing a check today.. We have to get money in the account before Bri can start using.. I will keep in touch with Linda to check on balance.. Now to take care of all 4 pets = 2 cats & 2 dogs will run us $730.00 .. So Please as we send in money lets note on the thread.. Hope I didnt miss anything.. Your welcome to PM me with questions ok..

Catty1
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Mine is sent, as of last week.

Thanks.

lvpets2002
05-17-2007, 02:29 PM
:) My donation is headed that way.. I am matching your donation Candace in US Dollars..

luckies4me
05-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I know you say this is for people who only want to donate, but can Bri give us a little update on what's happening? I think if people choose to donate they at least deserve an update. I'd like to know what is happening to the animals.

Also, is it possible to post how much money has been met so far, so that people know how much more we have to go until that dollar amount is met? Or is there another place to find this information?

lvpets2002
05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
:) We are at $175.00 now {headed that way in the mail}.. Right now our intention is first of all to get Gizzy spayed & all her shots caught up.. Our total mission is to get both cats & both dogs spayed/neutered & all shots caught up to date.. She is keeping all her babies with all the Love they need.. What we are doing is just helping them out of a $$ tunnell right now.. The Fund is Not forever.. Please lets be positive about this & Do Unto Others As You Would Wish Them To Do Unto You..
I know you say this is for people who only want to donate, but can Bri give us a little update on what's happening? I think if people choose to donate they at least deserve an update. I'd like to know what is happening to the animals.

Also, is it possible to post how much money has been met so far, so that people know how much more we have to go until that dollar amount is met? Or is there another place to find this information?

kittycats_delight
05-17-2007, 04:09 PM
My donation is €40,00 which about $55.00 american. Sent off from here on the 25th. So in the next couple of weeks there will be enough funds in for Gizzie to get her spay and vaccinations. Once she is looked after then we can work on Skye getting spayed and vaccinated, followed by Lily getting spayed and vaccinated and then luckily Roxy will just need vaccinations as she is already spayed. :)

Roxyluvsme13
05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks you guys! :)

As of right now, we bought deworming medicine for Skye, and I am getting ready to go deworm her, Gizzie, Lily, and Roxy.

lvpets2002
05-17-2007, 04:42 PM
:) No problem Bri.. Now this is how Helping Friend in Need PT'r Thread should be said & read..
Thanks you guys! :)

As of right now, we bought deworming medicine for Skye, and I am getting ready to go deworm her, Gizzie, Lily, and Roxy.

jennielynn1970
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM
So I'm guessing that me offering to get her spayed up here at my cost wasn't good enough? It would save everyone a lot of money. I posted this last night on the now closed thread (what's up with that?). Bri never responded. Not that I expected her to. The offer was out there, no cost to her. And again, we're talking maximum of $40.00.

I don't understand this mentality. I would gladly do this at the vet clinic, but I will not send the money. Sorry.

Roxyluvsme13
05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
So I'm guessing that me offering to get her spayed up here at my cost wasn't good enough? It would save everyone a lot of money. I posted this last night on the now closed thread (what's up with that?). Bri never responded. Not that I expected her to. The offer was out there, no cost to her. And again, we're talking maximum of $40.00.

I don't understand this mentality. I would gladly do this at the vet clinic, but I will not send the money. Sorry.
Um, this thread is not for bashing me. The other thread was closed because it got out of hand. I didn't reply, because I wasn't here...

And, I'm sorry, no offense to you, but I'm not sending my cat to PA to get spayed.

ETA: And if you have anything else to say, please take it to PM, because I don't want this thread spammed with more people "expressing their opinions."

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 01:29 AM

Jenn your offer is much appreciated but I believe in the current state of finances that Bri and her mom are in getting Gizzie to you would be no easy task. I don't know exactly how far PA is fromTN but I don't think it is a short drive and gas is not exactly cheap. I believe the offer is a good one and a thoughtful one but just not possible in the current conditions.

Roxyluvsme13
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
:)

Husky_mom
05-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I was going to post these int he other thread but......well...... maybe here
can they be a better lower $$ option?? I don´t know? can you reach tehm and ask?

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html#tn

http://neuterspay.org/location/rhode_island-tennessee_neuter_spay.htm

http://www.mhhs.net/spay%20or%20neuter.htm

http://www.spotsociety.org/lowmain.htm

Roxyluvsme13
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Actually a lot of those are nearby, but since we already have the fund set up and the vet is really close to my house, I guess we're sticking with them :).

ETA: But there's still the other 3 pets, so thank you Isabel!

lbaker
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
because I don't want this thread spammed with more people "expressing their opinions."

she doesn't want opinions ~ she just wants money - sheesh

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I was going to post these int he other thread but......well...... maybe here
can they be a better lower $$ option?? I don´t know? can you reach tehm and ask?

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html#tn

http://neuterspay.org/location/rhode_island-tennessee_neuter_spay.htm

http://www.mhhs.net/spay%20or%20neuter.htm

http://www.spotsociety.org/lowmain.htm

I will speak with Helene about these. There is already a nice amount of money gone into the already set up account so we will use that for Gizzie as I believe there is enough there now to look after her needs completely. But maybe one of these other ones can be used for the other pets. Thanks Isabel.

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
because I don't want this thread spammed with more people "expressing their opinions."

she doesn't want opinions ~ she just wants money - sheesh

It's not that opinions are not welcome it is that the other thread got out of hand and was closed because of it and 'expressing their opinions' is maybe the wrong way to put it but it is referring to the overly expressive comments made in the old thread.

And the money is not going to Bri it is going into a fund to help the animals...she will not see or touch a single penny of it.

Hope that clears things up a little. We really don't want this thread becoming like the other one did. Thanks. :)

Michelle

Vela
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
It's not that opinions are not welcome it is that the other thread got out of hand and was closed because of it and 'expressing their opinions' is maybe the wrong way to put it but it is referring to the overly expressive comments made in the old thread.

Michelle

Honestly, the other thread was not out of hand. The only person who was yelling or screaming or swearing at people was the person the fund drive was for. I did not see anyone being abusive at all, only stating the truth as to what has been seen in the past, or their point of view on the matter, which ought to be able to be expressed as this is a message board. But again, that's just my opinon too. Regardless, I am glad the the cat will be spayed and get the care she needs. Good luck with your fund drive. I hope those other websites that were posted will be able to help provide care for all of the animals.

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Honestly, the other thread was not out of hand. The only person who was yelling or screaming or swearing at people was the person the fund drive was for. I did not see anyone being abusive at all, only stating the truth as to what has been seen in the past, or their point of view on the matter, which ought to be able to be expressed as this is a message board. But again, that's just my opinon too. Regardless, I am glad the the cat will be spayed and get the care she needs. Good luck with your fund drive.

Well with all honesty I don't think the thread would have been closed if there wasn't a problem with it but that is no longer the issue. People are entitled to their opinions.

The main objective is to get Gizzie spayed. From what I know there have been enough funds sent already. I guess we will find out in the next week or so the exact amount they have. Then Gizzie can get spayed. Which was the main objective. She was the one that was in danger of getting tossed out on her cookies. This is what we want to prevent. If one of the others that Isabel provided us with is more suitable and cheaper then we will look into those for the others. I do thank you for your concern for the animals. Even though sometimes we all don't agree it doesn't mean we all can't get along.

Thanks again. :)

Michelle

emilysgk
05-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Well I hope she and the other pets get what they need. I know what its like to not be able to do simple things for your pets. Im trying to save up for mine right now too. (3 cats! eek) So I know how it is. My understanding is the daughter we are talking to correct? I guess its good to know that the child is trying to be more responsible at this time. I dont understand people sometimes. If you get an animal, esp a female kitty, you should know what will happen in time. (heat and or pregnancy)

Roxyluvsme13
05-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Well I hope she and the other pets get what they need. I know what its like to not be able to do simple things for your pets. Im trying to save up for mine right now too. (3 cats! eek) So I know how it is. My understanding is the daughter we are talking to correct? I guess its good to know that the child is trying to be more responsible at this time. I dont understand people sometimes. If you get an animal, esp a female kitty, you should know what will happen in time. (heat and or pregnancy)
Well, finally someone understands me. And I knew these things were going to happen, and we planned on getting everyone spayed, but things came up, and we had to use our money to save our house and pay bills. And we're still in debt, so that's why I asked for help.

Do the rest of you understand now, or am I still going to be called selfish? *sighs*

lbaker
05-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Is Gizzie getting spayed going to immediatly stop the behavior that so annoyed your mother? Do either of you realize that when she gets home she's going to need MORE care for awhile? The intentions are more than honorable but the concerns are every bit as valid.

jennielynn1970
05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Well with all honesty I don't think the thread would have been closed if there wasn't a problem with it but that is no longer the issue. People are entitled to their opinions.
Michelle

I'm under the understanding that it was requested to be closed??

No one wants to bash Bri, I think the whole thing is that most of us don't want to see people being taken advantage of when they are being generous to begin with. I know that I'm just disgusted that mom isn't doing anything here. Who is the adult in the situation?? It's sad that a 14yr old has to become the adult in the situation.

I'm not donating, but I did PM Bri and I have offered to send some supplies down to her. I'm not heartless you know. Gosh, I still have Ally here with me after all the hell she's put me through!

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Is Gizzie getting spayed going to immediatly stop the behavior that so annoyed your mother? Do either of you realize that when she gets home she's going to need MORE care for awhile? The intentions are more than honorable but the concerns are every bit as valid.

I have spoke with Bri extensively about this and she does know it will not immediately stop and that after surgery care will be needed. so they most definately know these things. And you are right your concerns are every bit as valid. Thank you for being concerned. This would not be pettalk without them.

Michelle

jennielynn1970
05-18-2007, 06:32 PM
And I knew these things were going to happen, and we planned on getting everyone spayed, but things came up, and we had to use our money to save our house and pay bills. And we're still in debt, so that's why I asked for help.

Do the rest of you understand now, or am I still going to be called selfish? *sighs*

Hon, you're not being selfish, but also understand that you are going though the same things that many other families in the US and other countries go though (and many worse). I'm sure you don't think you're the only one in debt or having tons of bills to pay... believe me, we're ALL there. I donate where I can, but many times that goes on my home equity line of credit... so up goes my mortgage payment, but I try to help people out.

Understand where many of us are coming from??

kittycats_delight
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
No one wants to bash Bri, I think the whole thing is that most of us don't want to see people being taken advantage of when they are being generous to begin with. I know that I'm just disgusted that mom isn't doing anything here. Who is the adult in the situation?? It's sad that a 14yr old has to become the adult in the situation.

I'm not donating, but I did PM Bri and I have offered to send some supplies down to her. I'm not heartless you know. Gosh, I still have Ally here with me after all the hell she's put me through!

No one wants to see anyone getting taken advantage I am sure. And it is rather upsetting that mom doesn't want any part of the whole thing. But there are things no one knows anything about so cutting herself off maybe her answer to the issues. I do agree that Bri should no have to be the adult in this situation but all too many time the child takes on that role. I know..I have been there done that but that is a different story.

Bri did tell me you offered to send her some supplies and that is wonderful. I am pretty sure not I or anyone else her could think you are heartless considering all you do for the kitties you help and Ally. I imagine not many people would keep Ally or any other animal around after being attacked several times unpervoked.

Thank you for helping Jenn. It is very much appreciated.

Michelle

emilysgk
05-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Hon, you're not being selfish, but also understand that you are going though the same things that many other families in the US and other countries go though (and many worse). I'm sure you don't think you're the only one in debt or having tons of bills to pay... believe me, we're ALL there. I donate where I can, but many times that goes on my home equity line of credit... so up goes my mortgage payment, but I try to help people out.

Understand where many of us are coming from??

Exactly. We cant hardly keep the lights on and the eviction notice away. Im saving by the dollar to get this done. I had money for Snow and things came up. I refuse to touch my cat money now, I have $40 saved. The only difference is I know its not the cats fault in any way shape or form. The other girls still have a couple months since they are going on 4 months. I am going to try my hardest to get Snow done this coming week. Remember when she ran away after I had been gone for a few days? Im scared she could have gotten pg again so it has to get done, NOW. I have no way to know either way.

Catty1
05-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Emily, sent you a PM. :)

Roxyluvsme13
05-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Roxyluvsme13
05-21-2007, 07:26 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!

Skye is worm free! :D

kittycats_delight
05-23-2007, 02:30 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!

Skye is worm free! :D

Yay !!! That's great!!! Have you any idea how much is in the fund now?

Helene?? Do you know?

Maybe Bri can give them a call and find out. If there is enough now then she could make the appointment for Gizzie.

Michelle

Roxyluvsme13
05-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The only problem with that is Gizzie is in heat.. :/ They usually won't do the spay if she's in heat, right?

kittycats_delight
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
sure they will. If they will abort kittens and spay then they will do it while she is in heat don't you think. And besides she will only be in heat about a week. I am pretty sure it will take that long to get the appointment.

Roxyluvsme13
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Alright, then. As soon as I hear something about the money or get a chance to call I will schedule the appointment.

kittycats_delight
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
don't wait too long cause once the money is there a month and not used they will redistribute it to other needy pets.

Roxyluvsme13
05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
don't wait too long cause once the money is there a month and not used they will redistribute it to other needy pets.
Well I don't have access to a phone right now or I would call them..

kittycats_delight
05-23-2007, 05:15 PM

That's fine just fine a way with the next week or 2. Maybe you can use the phone at a friends house or something. Even a payphone. Not sure but maybe Helene will be checking into the fund sometime in the next bit too.

Scooter's Mom
05-23-2007, 06:17 PM

You still have internet - can you email them?

Roxyluvsme13
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
You still have internet - can you email them?
I don't think they have email. I can call either Friday or this weekend.. unless Helene gives me some info before that.

luckies4me
05-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Any news? Have you scheduled the appt. yet?

Isn't there a payphone nearby? If you cannot do it perhaps one of the people who set this up can call the clinic and schedule the appt. Just a thought.

Roxyluvsme13
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Any news? Have you scheduled the appt. yet?

Isn't there a payphone nearby? If you cannot do it perhaps one of the people who set this up can call the clinic and schedule the appt. Just a thought.
I haven't. When I finally get access to a phone it's usually too late to call. x_x No, there isn't one nearby. :(

That would be appreciated if anybody wants to do that, if not I'll figure out a way to call them soon.

Grace
05-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Hoping I don't get my head chopped off for asking this question - but here goes.

There is no phone available - is that what you're saying? What would happen if one of the people in the home got sick, and needed help? How would you call for this help? What if there was a fire?

Roxyluvsme13
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Hoping I don't get my head chopped off for asking this question - but here goes.

There is no phone available - is that what you're saying? What would happen if one of the people in the home got sick, and needed help? How would you call for this help? What if there was a fire?
Not a head-chopped off type of question.

I have a cell phone, as does my mom. My mom takes her phone to work, and it is our home phone. My cell phone is prepaid, I only use it to call my mom every few hours, call my grandpa, and for emergency use. My phone can't be used to call a vet clinic, because it is prepaid, and as I said, my mom takes her phone, our home phone to work with her. And she does not get off til 10:00 pm every night.

Grace
05-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Then please ask your mother to call the Vet for you - and make an appointment for Giz. I would do that for my child, if asked.

Are you still going to school - meaning has your summer vacation started? If you are, then you could call yourself, from a pay phone at school or near it.

Roxyluvsme13
05-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Then please ask your mother to call the Vet for you - and make an appointment for Giz. I would do that for my child, if asked.

Are you still going to school - meaning has your summer vacation started? If you are, then you could call yourself, from a pay phone at school or near it.
My mom refuses to do it for me, I've already asked her. T_T As much as she hates Gizzie you would think she'd want her calm..

No, I'm out of school for the summer..

Catty1
05-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Guys - I am trapped on dialup with old browsers til next Thursday. I have tried to find a website/email addy for Robinson Animal Hospital - and have had a LOT of trouble doing searches on my mom's computer.

Please can someone else do this? I have tried and can't. All my Robinson docs are at my place, and I am staying with my mom til next week.

TY

Grace
05-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Why don't one of you helping with this venture simply call the Vet's office on Tuesday, and ask for their email address? Then post it here for Briana to see. Then she can email them.

These are her pets, and she should be making arrangements - IMHO.

Hellow
05-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I will. Give me the number. Since i have High Speed Internet i can call and stay on here at the same time.

EDIT: Is this the place:http://www.robinsonhospitalforanimals.com/

Roxyluvsme13
05-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I will. Give me the number. Since i have High Speed Internet i can call and stay on here at the same time.

EDIT: Is this the place:http://www.robinsonhospitalforanimals.com/
Their number is (423)-928-1616 They're not open today, they may not be open tomorrow.

Just say you are calling about the Pet Angel Fund in the name of Rhonda Willis and Briana Phillips and you are wanting to know how much money is in there. And then if there's enough for Gizzie, I will call and schedule the appointment...

And no, that's not the place, I don't live in Illinois, lol.

Hellow
05-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I found there web page, but it says that it cannot get to it. Heres the link:http://www.rahvet.net/index.html

Vela
05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
If you can't even call to find out about the money, how are you going to call to set up a spay? Just call them from a friend's house, or a pay phone at the mall. You managed to get out to see POTC, I'm sure you can find a phone. Have one of your friends call for you.

Hellow
05-28-2007, 01:35 PM
OK, someone else needs to call them because i dont have all of the details they ask for.

Zippy
05-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree with Vela.Calling form a pay phone would be a great idea.

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
My mom would set up the spay, she just won't call about the fund for me. I don't go to my friend's houses when my mom's not here most of the time, and as I said there are no pay phones nearby.. and when I do have access to the phones, it is always too late to call.

Reggie, what details did they ask for?

Vela
05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Well at least someone else will benefit from the money donated if your mom can't even be bothered to call. Too bad though =(

luckies4me
05-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Is it just me or do we seem to be going around in circles? :rolleyes:

shais_mom
05-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Is it just me or do we seem to be going around in circles? :rolleyes:
yup -
this is an HONEST question - HONEST....
If you set the spay up - will your mom be willing to drive you to the vet? :(
I just don't understand.
Don't understand.

shais_mom
05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Not a head-chopped off type of question.

I have a cell phone, as does my mom. My mom takes her phone to work, and it is our home phone. My cell phone is prepaid, I only use it to call my mom every few hours, call my grandpa, and for emergency use. My phone can't be used to call a vet clinic, because it is prepaid, and as I said, my mom takes her phone, our home phone to work with her. And she does not get off til 10:00 pm every night.
soooo she wouldn't go into work until like 1pm or 2pm right?
are you not awake before she goes to work?
And I don't understand what a pre-paid cell phone has to do with anything? Unless those are the only numbers that you can call - like they are programmed in then why CAN'T you call the vet clinic- it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes?
very very very :confused:

Vela
05-28-2007, 06:19 PM
The only way prepay would matter is if the phone is one of those with 4 buttons, that can be programmed as numbers, and you can't call anything else. Otherwise, being prepaid or not doesn't make any difference. If you can call your grandpa, ask him to call the clinic. You also said your mom didn't have a steady job again, in that other thread, and that's why you needed help. She can't be gone from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. every sngle day or youd have plenty of money. I'm sure there is SOME time in there you can call.

cassiesmom
05-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I found there web page, but it says that it cannot get to it. Heres the link:http://www.rahvet.net/index.html

I don't think that's it either. That one comes up as being in Pennsylvania. Catty1, does the animal hospital definitely have a Web page? I did find this address on yellowpages.com by searching with the phone number.

cassiesmom
05-28-2007, 06:38 PM

I don't think that's it either. That one comes up as being in Pennsylvania. Catty1, does the animal hospital definitely have a Web page? I did find this address on yellowpages.com by searching with the phone number.

Robinson Animal Hospital
202 W Watauga Ave
Johnson City, TN 37604-5624
(423) 928-1616

Edited to add: http://www.myvetonline.com/website/robinson/#services

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 07:15 PM
... and here it all goes again. As said before, please take your "concerns" to PM so we don't spam up this thread with another argument..

I don't have control over what my mom does, so I don't see what the heck you're thinking about going around in circles.

Yes, my mom would drive me to the vet..

She goes into work at 12:30 - 1 and I am usually asleep, because I' mon summer vacation. I prefer, as well as my mom prefers, for me not to use my phone for personal calls. It's only for the use of keeping in touch with my mom and grandpa when I'm home alone.

I can't ask my grandpa, because he doesn't know about most of our animals. It's a long story, and I don't feel like getting into it.. It's also another one of my mom's decisions that he doesn't know.

wolf_Q
05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
You have people on the internet PAYING for your pets vet bills and you can't even take the time to call the vet because it would be a "personal" phone call? Oh, and you can't use your mom's phone because you want to sleep in. Absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, you sure seem to be able to make time and have money to see POTC twice (there's $14-$20 you could have used for your pets). You should be ashamed of yourself. It's nice to get help sometimes, but you've got to learn to help yourself too. Grow up and put some effort into this, its the least you can do.

shais_mom
05-28-2007, 07:29 PM
I REFUSE to take this to PM b/c people need to see what is going on with you and the situation.
I work 2nd shift myself, I get off @ 11:30pm - usually work out afterward so that puts me home around midnite or after -
I'm usually up until anywhere from 2am-4am -
so believe me I understand sleeping in -
sleeping until noon or 1 isn't any big thing to me.

BUT it is LUDICROUS that you can't drag your butt out of bed to make a 5 minute phone call.

. and here it all goes again. As said before, please take your "concerns" to PM so we don't spam up this thread with another argument..

I don't have control over what my mom does, so I don't see what the heck you're thinking about going around in circles.

Yes, my mom would drive me to the vet..

She goes into work at 12:30 - 1 and I am usually asleep, because I' mon summer vacation. I prefer, as well as my mom prefers, for me not to use my phone for personal calls. It's only for the use of keeping in touch with my mom and grandpa when I'm home alone.

I can't ask my grandpa, because he doesn't know about most of our animals. It's a long story, and I don't feel like getting into it.. It's also another one of my mom's decisions that he doesn't know.

Vela
05-28-2007, 07:30 PM
That has got to be the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard in your string of excuses. Get your BUTT out of BED before your mom goes to work and CALL THE VET! Holy crap grow up already, this is just beyond ridiculous. I can't even beleive you have the nerve to ask for help and then can't even get out of bed and make a phone call. You are LAZY and don't deserve pets if you can't even get out of bed to make a phone call! I can't even beleive you honestly just said that. I don't care if you hate me, that has got to be one of the most selfish self centered things I have ever heard in my LIFE. You don't even DESERVE anyone to help you if you can't get your self out of bed to make a call....disgusting.

I guess your pets aren't PERSONAL enough for you to call about??? but you want others to pay long distance charges to call FOR you????

shais_mom
05-28-2007, 07:32 PM
and with the people that have poured their heart and soul into helping you? you SHOULD be ashamed
ASHAMED..

k9krazee
05-28-2007, 07:45 PM
You have people on the internet PAYING for your pets vet bills and you can't even take the time to call the vet because it would be a "personal" phone call? Oh, and you can't use your mom's phone because you want to sleep in. Absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, you sure seem to be able to make time and have money to see POTC twice (there's $14-$20 you could have used for your pets). You should be ashamed of yourself. It's nice to get help sometimes, but you've got to learn to help yourself too. Grow up and put some effort into this, its the least you can do.

Wow, Bre. I just wanted to say I agree with everything that Amy, and others have said 100%.

Catty1
05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes - that is the correct vet address and name.

It is possible that they do not have their own web site, as they appear on other listings. However, it is hard to track down an email address without one.

It would be an idea to email the Banfield vet, but their inboxes always seem to be very clogged.

If someone would just call and ask for an email address, this would be very simple. I might use my phone for it. I am home Thursday afternoon. I don't feel right using my mom's phone for this.

Bri - get out of bed before your mom goes to work and call. Once the appointment is made, then you can go back to bed, ok?

And if you can get an email address for them for lvpets and others to use (pm) that would be very helpful. We need a bit of help too - and you are the perfect person to help us. Make the appointment.

Thanks, hon!

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
AND THIS THREAD IS TURNING INTO AN ARGUMENT AGAIN.

And I am absolutely done with PT. I'm tired of being bitched at. I'm tired of coming on here every day to fighting and I'm tired of people accusing me of being selfish when they don't know me.

It would help if my mother would wake me up, but I guess none of you consider that and you just all want to jump to conclusions. And now you're probably going to go, oh set an alarm, blah blah. Well, I don't own an alarm clock because my mom usually gets me out of bed, and since now it's summer, she doesn't bother. And probably getting bitched at more for that.

I will keep in contact with people who are helping me with this fund, but that's it and I am officially done and tired of all the chaos that has been going on here lately.

I don't care how ashamed you all are of me and your opinions really don't matter whatsoever.

And that is certainly not directed toward Catty1, Michelle, Helene, or anybody else who has said these things nicely.

And I am not answering anymore questions.

I will somehow get them called, or make my mom call them, and then I will PM the people involved in this with the information.

The rest of you? I'm keeping my mouth shut before you accuse me of being rude again.

cassiesmom
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Why don't one of you helping with this venture simply call the Vet's office on Tuesday, and ask for their email address? Then post it here for Briana to see. Then she can email them.

These are her pets, and she should be making arrangements - IMHO.

Bri - Check your cell phone and see if it doesn't have an alarm clock function. (Mine does.) When you call to set your appointment, please ask the veterinarian's office for their E-mail address. I agree with Catty1 - we need a bit of help here and you're the perfect person to help us.

Hellow
05-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok, everyone who is arguing just SHUT UP FOR GODS SAKE! She cant help is that she cant get out of bed early. She cant change her moms rules. We have to find a way to get around that. So everyone just get back on topic and stop with the arguing! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Yes, i am mad! That is really how i look right now!

dogzr#1
05-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay guys just calm down. I can see that you guys are angry but some of the comments made are just a bit overboard. Bri can't help it if she doesn't wake up and as Reggie said, it's hard to change your mother's rules.

I think Bri knows she has to get up in the morning, but it may be hard for her to do that. I'm sure she tries to but it isn't that easy for some people to get out of bed, no matter how hard they try. I tried to wake my brother up today at around 12 and he just wouldn't get out of bed. I tried three or four times and he just wouldn't get out of bed. He has an alarm clock as well and he still wouldn't get out of bed. I bet this is how Bri is, a very heavy sleeper. I'm thinking the only way for her to wake up in time to call is by pulling an all-nighter and not going to sleep at all.

Hellow
05-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I am a heavy sleeper too and all of this just gets on my bad side.

sandragonfly
05-28-2007, 09:29 PM
good gracious. knock it off guys, this is why I don't feel PT is my home anymore. friends are friends. and now, who cares and gonna chop my head off again? :mad:

some people can be just plainly rude and I can't be? YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

set up your own fund if you want one too. bursting out jealousy or critically is not going to help gizzy, or others, at all. all we are doing is to hurt the community and animals more. I'm not sure how complaining that I, only me, have been supporting myself and all of my 14+ animals since I was 14 is going to get gizzy and others their treatments. euthanization, maybe.

people are different. not all of people, teenagers or young adults simply understand how lucky they are, afterall living in poverty with a poor parent. and deal with it.

bre, I understand how upset you are - can you just go ahead and try and ask your mother to wake you up for once to make a call for you.. for us, please? sorry I can't help anymore here.

any suspecious questions, should be PM'd to her/him, s/he'll less likely be defensive there then you'll probably get the answer you want. because we all know most posters here, this thread only gets ugly - would post just because "they posted".

don't disappoint me. u_u

rg_girlca
05-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Okay, I vowed to myself I wouldn't say anything, but I just have to say something.

I have been reading all through the posts in regards to this situation.
I've noted that whenever advice or suggestions were given to Bri, there was always one excuse after another, as to why this or that couldn't be done by her.
I don't see any arguments going on at all, just people giving their opinion on what is or is not going on and as far as I'm concerned, people are entitled to their opinions, no matter if we agree with them or not.

I for one, agree with most of what has been said and yes, at times this was getting very confusing. Even if Bri is a heavy sleeper, if she is so darn concerned about her animals, then she should get out of bed and do her part and not expect everyone else to do it for her.

People have gone out of their way to help out and when people voice their opinions, she gets annoyed. To me, that says the truth hurts.

Most of us here on PT would go beyond the call of duty to do what they can for their animals, so when someone starts making one excuse after another, it makes us wonder where that persons priorities are.

Just my opinion people.

Hellow
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, not to insult you or anything, but, If you dont want to say somthing good, dont say it.

Grace
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Well, not to insult you or anything, but, If you dont want to say somthing good, dont say it.

How dare you say that to rg_girlca. After all she has personally done for stray animals, and never asked for anything but a prayer in return.

You should be ashamed, along with Bri.

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
good gracious. knock it off guys, this is why I don't feel PT is my home anymore. friends are friends. and now, who cares and gonna chop my head off again? :mad:

some people can be just plainly rude and I can't be? YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

set up your own fund if you want one too. bursting out jealousy or critically is not going to help gizzy, or others, at all. all we are doing is to hurt the community and animals more. I'm not sure how complaining that I, only me, have been supporting myself and all of my 14+ animals since I was 14 is going to get gizzy and others their treatments. euthanization, maybe.

people are different. not all of people, teenagers or young adults simply understand how lucky they are, afterall living in poverty with a poor parent. and deal with it.

bre, I understand how upset you are - can you just go ahead and try and ask your mother to wake you up for once to make a call for you.. for us, please? sorry I can't help anymore here.

any suspecious questions, should be PM'd to her/him, s/he'll less likely be defensive there then you'll probably get the answer you want. because we all know most posters here, this thread only gets ugly - would post just because "they posted".

don't disappoint me. u_u
Well thank you, Gina. *hugs*

Okay, I vowed to myself I wouldn't say anything, but I just have to say something.

I have been reading all through the posts in regards to this situation.
I've noted that whenever advice or suggestions were given to Bri, there was always one excuse after another, as to why this or that couldn't be done by her.
I don't see any arguments going on at all, just people giving their opinion on what is or is not going on and as far as I'm concerned, people are entitled to their opinions, no matter if we agree with them or not.

I for one, agree with most of what has been said and yes, at times this was getting very confusing. Even if Bri is a heavy sleeper, if she is so darn concerned about her animals, then she should get out of bed and do her part and not expect everyone else to do it for her.

People have gone out of their way to help out and when people voice their opinions, she gets annoyed. To me, that says the truth hurts.

Most of us here on PT would go beyond the call of duty to do what they can for their animals, so when someone starts making one excuse after another, it makes us wonder where that persons priorities are.

Just my opinion people.

Obviously, what you consider "opinion" is much different from what I do. My concern is probably more than any of you seem to think. You all can make your own choices about your pets and their welfare, I can not. Most of my money, the little I make, goes to my pets. I've been to hell and back with my pets, and I've fought my mother many times over my pets. She is the adult, I am the teenager. Her decision rules over mine, and I can't always get my way no matter how much I plead and beg. Take Roxy for instance.

Don't even go accuse me of where my priorities lie. As said, I've been through hell with my animals, and most of my arguments with my mother consist of them.

My priorities are them, and these "excuses" as you call them, are just the truth of what's going on. I don't control my mother, I only control myself, and if I say the slightest thing wrong, another one of these "opinion sessions" as you think they are start.

It's funny how when someone else is having financial trouble you'll rush to their side, but if I start asking for help because my mother won't do anything, you all start "opinionating" like crazy on me, especially when none of you personally know me.

Kfamr
05-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Can't say I am surprised by any of this. This has just been beyond ridiculous from the start and if I was in her shoes I'd be completely ashamed of myself.

It's about being responsible and having your priorities straight. Something this kid is never going to learn, especially if she's getting these handouts.

Amy had to spend $300 something, unplanned, on emergency vet bills while we were there, do you see her asking for handouts? Nope! She may have to give a bit up and save her dollars, but that's the responsibility we obtain when bringing a pet into our homes.

Vela, Amy, Staci, well said as always.

And, there's no reason for anyone to swear, especially some kid.

sandragonfly
05-28-2007, 10:19 PM
maybe she wasn't the one who brought roxy, gizzy or others in?

so, will you, bre?

Prairie Purrs
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
It's funny how when someone else is having financial trouble you'll rush to their side, but if I start asking for help because my mother won't do anything, you all start "opinionating" like crazy on me, especially when none of you personally know me.

People on PT are extraordinarily generous. But this is not a big ATM with free money for anyone who wants it.

We all struggle to afford the costs of pet care. Many PTers have made huge sacrifices for their pets, in money and effort. You seem to think that PT members have some obligation to pay for your pets' vet care, and that's an attitude that's bound to create resentment.

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
maybe she wasn't the one who brought roxy, gizzy or others in?

so, will you, bre?
Well, at the times, I asked for more pets, my mother agreed. But, times used to be much better for us, and we used to have a lot more things than we have now. And my animals certainly haven't been suffering from that thanks to me.

I'll try to get my mom to call for me tomorrow, and if she won't I'll see what I can do.

I am going to request this thread be closed if it gets any more out of hand with your "opinions."

People on PT are extraordinarily generous. But this is not a big ATM with free money for anyone who wants it.

We all struggle to afford the costs of pet care. Many PTers have made huge sacrifices for their pets, in money and effort. You seem to think that PT members have some obligation to pay for your pets' vet care, and that's an attitude that's bound to create resentment.
I never said it was a big ATM.

Um, no. You're obviously getting the wrong impressions. I asked for help because there is nothing my mom will do.

I don't feel obligated or am making people feel obligated to help me. If it wasn't for some very kind people and friends I would have left here a long time ago.

And people can resent me all they want, for their hate doesn't matter to me because, as earlier said, they don't even know me.

Grace
05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
It's funny how when someone else is having financial trouble you'll rush to their side,

From everything I have read in all these posts, you have received financial help to take care of Giz. The problem seems to be that you will not, for whatever the reason, follow through with the Vet to get Giz taken care of. Are you willing to make the effort to get up one morning before your mom leaves for work - so you can call the Vet?

Tell your mother to wake you at 10am tomorrow morning. Call the Vet - make arrangements - then go back to bed.

It's my understanding that if this isn't done within a certain time frame, the money will be used for other animals in need. Please don't waste the good will of a few PT posters because you want to sleep late.

Kfamr
05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
You need to stop being so arrogant.

There's no need for you to belittle us by putting the word opinions in quotes as if they have no worth. Feel free to ask for the thread to be closed because no ones going to change their opinion or feeling of you because of it.

You need to stop cussing at us as if we are children.

People here are helping you. Remeber all of the threads about Roxy being on a chain outside. As you told us before, all of our "opinions" enlightened you and according to you, Roxy gets better care now.

And you have left or threatened to leave a long time ago, but nothings changed, I don't think much has been learned, and we've gone around in the same pit over and over again.
I do think some of these people have missed some of the things we've had to go through with you.

You have a lot to learn, A LOT to learn.

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
You need to stop being so arrogant.

There's no need for you to belittle us by putting the word opinions in quotes as if they have no worth. Feel free to ask for the thread to be closed because no ones going to change their opinion or feeling of you because of it.

You need to stop cussing at us as if we are children.

People here are helping you. Remeber all of the threads about Roxy being on a chain outside. As you told us before, all of our "opinions" enlightened you and according to you, Roxy gets better care now.

And you have left or threatened to leave a long time ago, but nothings changed, I don't think much has been learned, and we've gone around in the same pit over and over again.
I do think some of these people have missed some of the things we've had to go through with you.

You have a lot to learn, A LOT to learn.
Right.

So, you think I'm arrogant, I'm belittling all the members giving their opinions, and that I'm immature because of me cussing at you.

Hmm..

Roxy does get better care now.

Why in fact, she's inside right now.

I don't consider some of these things people are saying to me help. Because I'm being called rude, childish, arrogant, immature, selfish, self centered, and I'm sure there's others I've missed. That's not helping, that's just giving opinions of what kind of person I am. And it has no benefit whatsoever to the things that matter in the situation. And that would be the pets.

It's just kind of interesting that you all think you have the right to judge me. I bet if we were face to face some of you wouldn't say these things to me.

And, oh yeah. I've learned. Not from you all who opinionate at the slightest pet ownership mistakes, but from the people who have actually offered me advice and helped me. You're probably going to say that you have offered advice and I have not taken it, but it's hard to take advice when you're called names in the process.

I don't think I'm the one that needs to be learning. I think everyone needs to learn to stop judging people you haven't personally met, for who all you know could be lying about everything they say (which I'm not, but just trying to make a point), and to give people a break because they make mistakes. I know we've all made mistakes, and none of us have a right to judge the others.

And with that, I'm done ranting because nobody seems to take what I say in the right context anyways.

Scooter's Mom
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I am going to request this thread be closed if it gets any more out of hand with your "opinions."

That's not how life works. You have to learn how to accept the good and the bad. If that's how life worked, I wouldn't have 20k+ in hospital bills AND be facing a diagnosis of cancer tomorrow morning.

Please, accept responsibilities and grow up a little. Just make the phone call and stop making excuses!

kitimom
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
The phone number ya'll posted for the clinic is wrong.
The number is 615-928-1616.
The FAX NUMBER is 423-975-6342
I have a prepaid cell also and I get charged 10 cents a minute to call inside my call area and 35 cents outside, plus a dollar for each day I use it. (Thanx, Cingular)

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 11:08 PM
The phone number ya'll posted for the clinic is wrong.
The number is 615-928-1616.
The FAX NUMBER is 423-975-6342
I have a prepaid cell also and I get charged 10 cents a minute to call inside my call area and 35 cents outside, plus a dollar for each day I use it. (Thanx, Cingular)
No, the area code is (423).. trust me, lol.

That's cheaper than my phone, but I don't get charged $1 a day. So, see that's why I don't want to use it. It's expensive..

Because I'm requesting a thread closed, you're going to throw in the thing about I don't like the truth? Umm.. okay.

Well, I'm sorry that's happening to you.

Right, then. Obviously, nobody is reading my posts. I said I would get my mom to call or figure something out..

Kfamr
05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Is this the vet we're talking about?
http://www.myvetonline.com/website/robinson/

202 W Watauga Avenue
Johnson City, (TN)
USA 37604
Tel : 615-928-1616
Fax : 423-975-6342

kitimom
05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
As for spaying a female in heat;
yes, they will, but it will cost a little more due to the fact that the uterus is bearing a much heavier flow of blood during the heat cycle.

Scooter's Mom
05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Because I'm requesting a thread closed, you're going to throw in the thing about I don't like the truth? Umm.. okay.

Well, I'm sorry that's happening to you, but it's not really relevant to the point.

I threw it in because it shows that "hey, life's not fair." You can't always get rid of the "uglies" no matter how much you want to. If you want to have this closed, fine. However, it's going to keep coming up, and keep being a sore spot for every person here until it gets a resolution.

Being a teenager does not give you, or anyone, the rights to cuss at people who are trying to help you. Not only emotionally by giving you the peace of mind that your pets are taken care of, but financially as well.

I apologize to you about my comment to you, I am just so frustrated at the lack of respect you have been showing, that I think you need to look at it from other angles other than your own. Please, consider what other people see and interpret. What a 13-14 year old may not consider as disrespectul, every adult on the continent may. Before you type a string of "I hate you, I am having this closed because it's not going my way" messages, take a deep breath and say, "These people are trying to help me! I need to get up a little bit early and give back a little bit to help them too!"

And that is all I will say on the subject.

Good luck to you and your mother, and all of your pets.

kitimom
05-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to re-post the correct phone numbers directly from the Vet's website....
Telephone: (615) 928-1616
FAX LINE: (423) 975-6342

I looked all on the vet's website, but there is not an email addy listed (you'd think the head vet would have at least posted his addy...)

kitimom
05-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Is this the vet we're talking about?
http://www.myvetonline.com/website/robinson/

202 W Watauga Avenue
Johnson City, (TN)
USA 37604
Tel : 615-928-1616
Fax : 423-975-6342

That's the one I am understanding it is....

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
How can you say such a thing to someone facing a diagnosis of cancer??? What the heck is wrong with you????

Your phone is expensive, but you would be just peachy keen happy having someone ELSE call long distance for you on their bill....You could have easily made the call for the money you spent on seeing Pirates twice...so get off your poor me wagon. You CAN do things, you CHOOSE not to. Every cell phone has an alarm. You can help not getting up or getting up, you CHOOSE not to. You can make a phone call, you CHOOSE not to. You can spend the money you have on your pets, you CHOOSE not to. All of it is choices you are making. Don't blame everything else, be responsible for your own actions. Don't blame your mother (although she should never have allowed more pets in the house if she wasn't willing to pay for their upkeep properly), the money was set up without her help or yours, you are the one making the CHOICE not to call.

You know why people rush to help others who are in dire need and ask? They don't come asking and then act like a spoiled expectant rude brat who won't even make a phone call once other people contribute the money and do all the work.
It wasn't meant as a rude comment.

If you knew the money situation, maybe you would understand it's rather hard to pay for your teenage daughter's cell phone cards. But you DON'T know. The phone alarm isn't loud enough to wake me up, not my problem. If my mom wants me out of bed, she can get me out of bed.

Um, I DO spend the money on my pets. Most of the time my allowance of $10 monthly gets spent on them.. As said, obviously nobody is reading what I'm saying except for the bad things.

I'm not blaming anybody, I'm speaking the truth of my life. Whether you choose to believe truth is your own choice.

I did help in setting up this fund, there was a lot of work done behind PMs that isn't mentioned in this thread. Get your facts straight before charging me of something.

I'm not a spoiled expectant rude brat. If you want to see that, then go talk to some other PT'ers whose names I won't mention due to the face that most of you will disagree with me.

If I could make the phone call, I would make the phone call. Once again.. I will repeat myself in saying that I get my mother to call tomorrow or find another way. I actually have a PT'er who has been nice enough to offer to call because my mother won't.

I threw it in because it shows that "hey, life's not fair." You can't always get rid of the "uglies" no matter how much you want to. If you want to have this closed, fine. However, it's going to keep coming up, and keep being a sore spot for every person here until it gets a resolution.

Being a teenager does not give you, or anyone, the rights to cuss at people who are trying to help you. Not only emotionally by giving you the peace of mind that your pets are taken care of, but financially as well.

I apologize to you about my comment to you, I am just so frustrated at the lack of respect you have been showing, that I think you need to look at it from other angles other than your own. Please, consider what other people see and interpret. What a 13-14 year old may not consider as disrespectul, every adult on the continent may. Before you type a string of "I hate you, I am having this closed because it's not going my way" messages, take a deep breath and say, "These people are trying to help me! I need to get up a little bit early and give back a little bit to help them too!"

And that is all I will say on the subject.

Good luck to you and your mother, and all of your pets.
Trust me, I know life's not fair. I've been saying that to myself for the past six months after what heck I've been through. And I am really sorry about what you're going through, my comment was never intended to be rude. My temper is just outraged right now from some comments spoken.

Well, maybe the resolution is for me to leave like I should have done a long time ago.

I'm not intentionally cussing at people. I threw in a word or two there, but I wasn't specifically aiming it at anybody. I don't think I've done this throughout this entire thread. I said something about such and such and used hell, but that wasn't intentionally at someone. (and of course someone will probably quote me and prove me wrong.)

I'm trying to be respectful. It's hard when others aren't respectful to you, even when they think they are. I don't consider being given opinions not at your own will because people aren't happy with you very respectful. And I don't consider being called names very respectful. And I may have called others names as well, and well, I'm sorry.

Again, not very respectful to assume things about me just from some 7,600 something posts I've made on a forum. I haven't met a single Pet Talker, so none of you have the right to judge unless you personally meet me, savvy?

I know some people are trying to help me, and some aren't. Some are just informing me disrespectably and I don't appreciate that whatsoever.

Again saying, that I have a PT'er who is going to call for me since my mother will not. Although tomorrow, or today rather, I was planning on calling.

ETA: The area code on that site is clearly wrong because from my understanding, our area code is 423, not 615 :confused:

Kfamr
05-28-2007, 11:38 PM
That's the one I am understanding it is....

I searched a few sites, it's showing up as both numbers. Odd.

Roxyluvsme13
05-28-2007, 11:45 PM
It's right down the road from my house, and our area code is 423.. and when my mom had to call their before when I was volunteering, it was 423. I really don't know why it says 615.

kitimom
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
My bad....
I double checked with Switchboard...you're right...
Forgive....

Hellow
05-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Finnaly back on topic. *feels relieved* I called and they asked for a bunch of details that i didnt know.

sandragonfly
05-29-2007, 12:11 AM
no one is really helping or looking at what's the best for both of sides and animals because, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. how some of you can expect all of captials, exclamation marks and judgements would encourage her to make a call?

people must have forgotten that she and her mother had lost her home (by fire or burglary, I forgot?) and I believe this is the reason why this fund was set up too. everyone needs monetiarly help anyway - no one has no debts, that's for sure.

bre, how far is it right down the road? can you walk or bike down there? or I hope someone will finally be able to make a call tomorrow - either way, I wish you and all pets the best luck.

Hellow
05-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Burgulary.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
no one is really helping or looking at what's the best for both of sides and animals because, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. how some of you can expect all of captials, exclamation marks and judgements would encourage her to make a call?

people must have forgotten that she and her mother had lost her home (by fire or burglary, I forgot?) and I believe this is the reason why this fund was set up too. everyone needs monetiarly help anyway - no one has no debts, that's for sure.

bre, how far is it right down the road? can you walk or bike down there? or I hope someone will finally be able to make a call tomorrow - either way, I wish you and all pets the best luck.
Again, thank you :).

Burglary. But thank god they caught the guy.

I would gladly walk, but of course another objection from my mother. Someone has said she will call for me tomorrow, and if she has not, I will find a way. My mom is off tomorrow, so maybe with a little persuasion I can get her to call for me.

Hellow
05-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Could you find the e-mail adress? i would gladely e-mail them.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Could you find the e-mail adress? i would gladely e-mail them.
I believe I told the person who is calling to get an email address.

Hellow
05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh,ok.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry, wasn't trying to come off as rude, it's late and I'm a little wacky right now :p

Ginger's Mom
05-29-2007, 06:02 AM
What I find very sad is that this whole thing has again become about Bri and not the animals. The animals care continues to be neglected and people are arguing about who was rude to who. I continue to hope that these animals will find homes where someone will do what is needed to take care of their basic needs. It is not happening where they are now, and it appears that it is not going to happen even after some very good-hearted people have gone out of their way to help. This is not a judgement, this is simply what I have learned after reading Bri's posts for the past year and a half. I make no comment or judgement on it, I only note that making excuses for the lack of care for her animals is a continuing theme in all of Bri's posts.

Vela
05-29-2007, 07:23 AM
What I find very sad is that this whole thing has again become about Bri and not the animals. The animals care continues to be neglected and people are arguing about who was rude to who. I continue to hope that these animals will find homes where someone will do what is needed to take care of their basic needs. It is not happening where they are now, and it appears that it is not going to happen even after some very good-hearted people have gone out of their way to help. This is not a judgement, this is simply what I have learned after reading Bri's posts for the past year and a half. I make no comment or judgement on it, I only note that making excuses for the lack of care for her animals is a continuing theme in all of Bri's posts.

I agree, unfortunately I let anger get the best of me but that is exactly why I got so upset. The animals are the ones doing without and it just upset me because even when people donated and went out of their way exceedingly so, the animals still aren't getting care because of the lack of a phone call on the part of the owner. That just upset me so much to see because the animals in question have to continue to go without. It's just very very sad.

critter crazy
05-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Priorities, priorities, priorities!!! Your animals come before friends, clothes, movies, POTC ect.... wake up, make a phone call, and get these poor animals cared for. No more excuses, no more crap. Just get done what needs to get done. That is all there is to it!

lbaker
05-29-2007, 07:43 AM
I wonder what todays excuse will be. Well no, actually I don't ~ :(

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-29-2007, 08:26 AM
I have avoided this thread for quite some time, but I have been wanting to respond.

I don't think I have ever been so confused in my entire life. It seems as though she was hoping the money would come in "cash form", right in the mail box - to spend on something other than her pets. I got that impression when I read through the other thread, and this one. I know that seems completely ignorant of me to say that, but I just got that feeling. How hard is it to make a phone call? Your mom should be thrilled that other people are paying for her pets to go to the vet. If she was thankful to any of these wonderful people that have donated, she would have made the phone call days ago.

Let me tell you, it is very easy to see what kind of person you are through what you write. I don't think I have heard somebody contradict themselves as much as you have. The "stories" keep changing, they are confusing the heck out of everyone. Your poor pets are the ones suffering here, not you. And I certainly don't have any sympathy for you.

I cannot for the life of me understand how you could go and see POTC two times instead of putting that money away for something important. Yeah sure, you want to be a kid - but with a Mother who could care less about your animals, you should have saved it...

My cats are like my children, they are family before they are pets - I would do anything for them.

You don't have to care about my opinion. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. You may choose to quote me and voice your own opinion on what I have just said - or you can take it as it is and keep this thread calm.

kitimom
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM
I just called the vet hospital and they are closed. It is 9:06 central time here and it is 10 am there, I believe. I got the automated service which gives you options toi contact the Emergency Number.
I MAY try back this afternoon. If there is any info other than what I have already (name of Rhonda and Briana, Pet Angel Fund, etc.) please letme know ahead of time. My minute cards are exspensive too so I have to use wiesely.
I WILL ALSO ask for an Email addy while I am talking to them, so don't worry about that. If someone else wants to call AS WELL, please do so.
Thanks....
Kitimom

Hellow
05-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Not to insult you or anything but roxyluvsme13, You posts are kind of confusing. They are confusing me and i am a nerd lol.

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I just called the vet hospital and they are closed. It is 9:06 central time here and it is 10 am there, I believe. I got the automated service which gives you options to contact the Emergency Number.
I MAY try back this afternoon. If there is any info other than what I have already (name of Rhonda and Briana, Pet Angel Fund, etc.) please let me know ahead of time. My minute cards are expensive too so I have to use wisely.
I WILL ALSO ask for an Email addy while I am talking to them, so don't worry about that. If someone else wants to call AS WELL, please do so.
Thanks....
Kitimom

Finally back on topic. *feels relieved* I called and they asked for a bunch of details that i didnt know.

Kitimom and Reggie, I was thinking of doing the same thing. Thank you for doing it first!

gini
05-29-2007, 10:23 AM
This entire thread makes me sick!

It brings down Pet Talk and what it stands for - it is an insult to Karen and Paul.

And the pets are "STILL" waiting......................for good vet care.

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
*very confused* What else needs to happen before Brianna's pets can get the care they need? She needs to set appointments - how do we find out what her balance in the Pet Angel fund is? Didn't I read somewhere that if the appointments are not made within the next couple of weeks, the donated funds go to other patients? Bri - can you take care of this today?

Thanks ... Elyse

Catty1
05-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Cassiesmom - the PMs are not working on my mom's computer! ARRGH (no smileys either, this morning!)

SO - your idea is a good one. I suggest email contact instead of phone. Phone as backup.

Make sense? :-)

Thanks!

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Just spoke to a very nice woman at the vet office.

Her info for the fees are as follows... Now if this is for the office and not the clinic, I dunno... I just called the number I was given.

PreOp blood work: $55.00
Spay: 81.99; Pain meds $8-$10.00
Vax: Distemper-18.69; FeLV-22.04; Rabies-12.73; Bordetella-13.29 = $66.75
FeLV/FIV combo test - 44.79
Total 258.53
Not sure what tax is in your state.... would need to calculate that in.

Marilyn, the lovely lady I spoke to at the vet, said that if Gizzy was gotten through the Washington County Johnson City shelter (the only one there) that her spay would have been prepaid for in the adoption fee. Not sure where Gizzy came from, but I thought I'd add that info as a just in case.

Linda is the one who runs the Angel Fund and she isn't in the office until tomorrow, Wednesday. She's the only one who can tell the amount of what is in the account. I'll call back tomorrow and speak with her.

Hellow
05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Hellow, did you get an e-mail aderess?

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
PS... I call from school/work and it doesn't cost me anything. So, if you want me to call about whatever, where ever, let me know. As I said, I got the other info just now, and I'll call to speak to Linda tomorrow about the fund amount.

PS... I also ordered and am having a really nice alarm clock sent to Bri... I said she needs to start using one, lol. It is a nature sounds one, and has the temp in in, and is an Atomic Clock, so the time sets automatically and she can set two different alarms in it as well, AND project the time and temp on a wall or ceiling. It was at walmart online. :D

shais_mom
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
The phone alarm isn't loud enough to wake me up, not my problem. If my mom wants me out of bed, she can get me out of bed.

First off
KUDOS to those of you who called the vet office and got a semblence of an answer...
But this statement she made bothers me -
b/c if they are her animals - IT is her problem....

Vela
05-29-2007, 11:44 AM
LOL that's just silly Reggie. The cat is in danger of being removed from the home, people have contributed money and made all the phone calls. She CAN call from her cell phone, she doesn't want to. ONE phone call wouldn't be the end of the world, people have donated lots of money and done all the work for her up until now. She can go to the trouble to make ONE phone call. If she asked her mother to wake her up she probably would. You can't just make excuses, when other lives depend on you you have to make appropriate choices and take responsibility, not make excuses.

Excuses are like "you know what" everyone has one, but that doesn't get the cat spayed.

I just want to see the animals get what they need, which they aren't right now. I don't care about the rest of it. I just hate to see the hard work and efforts and money donated by everyone thrown aside for no good reason at all.

caseysmom
05-29-2007, 11:47 AM
This whole thing is just beyond my comprehension and angers me so much.

shais_mom
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
What about putting the phone in her pillow case?? :confused: :confused:

Hellow
05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I just deldetd my last post, yes all of this is very confusig. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Now you're going to accuse me of my animals not getting proper care.. lovely.

Just because we're late on their spays and check ups and all of that doesn't mean they're not getting proper care.

Roxy is on Raw, we actually found a dog food Lily will eat, even though it's not the highest quality, but we tried that, Skye and Gizzie have food available to them all day long, as does Dipstick, and the bettas are also wonderful. And not to mention I love them more than life itself even though nobody seems to think so just because I won't lose sleep over a phone call that my mom should make. Which now, it is taken care of.

So, don't go accusing me of the animals not getting the proper care because minus the vet and spays, they're all 100% healthy.

And obviously, if that's the amount for the spay and everything, we don't have enough money in the fund in the first place.. :/

And seriously, no matter how much you want the world to know what a horrible owner you think I am, please take this to PM.

Husky_mom
05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
just a personal experience..........

when I was a teen I HAD to wake every TWO hours to give meds to one of my dogs......did I wake up?? YES!!.......did I used/needed an alarm?? NO!!..... I woke up because I cared and worried about giving her what she needed on schedule........ I call that my INTERNAL CLOCK........ (I´m not saying no once cares/worries for their pets, my situation may differ as my dog was very sick at the time)

whenever I got o sleep think "I have to wake at so or so time" I wake up at that time without the need of an alarm clock........even less needing it if something is concerning you about something you NEED to do for someone YOU care..........

I´m not bashin on you Bri, but you could make an effort if you really care for Gizzy not getting kicked out and you really appreciate what these lovely ladies are doing for you.......help out as you can......waking up early won´t hurt you, but it WILL help Gizzy..........

and as said priorities come first, yeah I have my share of pets.......and yes Ilike to buy stuff, goto movies and all........but I HAD to buy food for them adn a bigger cage for the birds......I´ve been trying to save for a new camera but that "savings" have been being used for thing I need for them...... a new camera isn´t going to feed my pets, isn´t going to house my birds.........I can live without it a while longer......I won´t die......
I know Bri is young, but still as young as you can be anyone can responsabilize for your pets and make them priorities........

when I started with pets at home I was around 9 (well I had before but my fisrt dog was at that age) and I was threatened plenty times about my parents getting rid of him.......... so I took my responsability and kept it even that young.....he became MY priority....... sure I had no $$ issues but still made me responsible.....so now that I pay for them I know best.......

Vela
05-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Are you going to take Gizzy in to get spayed if there is not enough in the fund to pay for all of that stated above?

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Are you going to take Gizzy in to get spayed if there is not enough in the fund to pay for all of that stated above?
There's really no point if she can't get her shots, too. I don't think they'll do the spay without shots, at least they wouldn't Roxy a few years ago.

shais_mom
05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Roxy is on Raw, thanks to food stamps,
I wouldn't exactly broadcast that b/c I'm not sure the government would appreciate you using their money for your dog to eat on ALTHOUGH it is DEFINATLEY better kibble/crap in a bag. And yes - my cats eat crapola in bag b/c they WON'T Switch.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't exactly broadcast that b/c I'm not sure the government would appreciate you using their money for your dog to eat on ALTHOUGH it is DEFINATLEY better kibble/crap in a bag.
Edited my post.

Roxy has to eat too though.

Vela
05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
There's really no point if she can't get her shots, too. I don't think they'll do the spay without shots, at least they wouldn't Roxy a few years ago.

Maybe they can not do the FIV combo test? That seems to be expensive and maybe there would be enough for the rest of it if they were able to not do that at this time? Maybe you can ask them about that when you talk to them tomorrow about the fund. Would be a shame for the money to end up not getting her spayed after everything.

Flatcoatluver
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Well being that I just paid over $600 bill for Zoey with my own money, none came from my mother, I was actually saving for college. Can't wait for her acupuncture bill! I know what it's like to come up with something with your pets all of the sudden. I am sorry that everyone is "nagging you" but I have to agree with them.

I just have to say that we as a community are wonderful! If I could I would stand up and applaud you. I just hope if Bri doesn't use this money it would go to a local shelter or go back to the people that donated.

((((GROUP HUGS))))

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe they can not do the FIV combo test? That seems to be expensive and maybe there would be enough for the rest of it if they were able to not do that at this time? Maybe you can ask them about that when you talk to them tomorrow about the fund. Would be a shame for the money to end up not getting her spayed after everything.
Well, I checked minus the test, and it was still $218 and something. I don't think the test is necessary, but still that's an extra $43 that's not in the fund.

Skye was gotten through the animal shelter but I'm not sure if they would still have the records. I know we don't and my mother was supposed to get her spayed a long time ago back when I was about 12.

Muddy4paws
05-29-2007, 12:55 PM
You asked me to look at this thread and I've read all the way through.

I understand you are on a school break right now? Why couldnt you go down to the vet if it is just down the road? You need to understand people work their guts out to make a living and they are being so generous and kind hearted donating money to you and from what I've read you really dont seem to be that bothered about helping out, You cant expect to sit back and let everyone else run about for you, You own animals and its your responsibility to care for them and I understand you are only young and dont have much say but you could quite easily help out.

I totally agree with the POTC thing, You shouldn't of put yourself first, Going to the cinema is a luxury and if something more important like your cats wellbeing is not all it could be then how the hell can you sit back and expect people to be different?

I work for myself I own my own buisness and I sure as hell wouldn't see a movie if my animals were ill. I'm struggling as it is right now I'm £10,000 in debt and my animals needs come before me ANYDAY! Im not guarenteed a "payday" so most of my money is saved up for my animals.

To be honest you need to grow up a bit, I would be so angry if I was the people who donated money to you, knowing you would rather contribute to seeing a movie that helping out funding for your own cat. You really do need to sit up and realise other peoples views, no one is saying you can have a life but you need to get your priorities straight.

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I am trying to clear this up for myself. In the very first post in this thread, lvpets2002 said there are two cats and two dogs who need care and the bill will be $730.00 (or $182.50 per pet). Jenn_librarian was given a figure of $258.53 today. Maybe Linda at the animal hospital can give the most accurate amounts. The original plan was to re-home Gizmo because of behavior issues, and when that turned out not to be an option it was suggested that Gizmo be spayed. The other pets are also receiving care at the same time. If the fees for all four pets are $258.53 each (round up to $260) then that brings the total up to $1,040. Is the plan for Pet Talk members to contribute all of the needed funds, or does the animal hospital have a care fund to help with some of this? I guess I'm still confused.

Ginger's Mom
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
No, not every animal needs all of that work done. The Pre-Op, spay and pain meds are only for one cat. I don't know what shots are required for cats (are bordetello, distempter and rabies shots required?) but obviously the feline shots aren't needed for the dogs. So when you take those amounts posted by Jenn and arrange them to fit the appropriate animals it may come to around $730.00 (I didn't try to figure it out-not sure it really matters at this point).

Vela
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Two cats need all of that, one dog needs shots and spayed, and one dog needs shots, as far as I can tell. Skye isnt spayed either. And I don't think she had had shots.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I think all that's required by TN law is the rabies. So, if we just got the spay, rabies, and the blood work, it should come to about the right amount in the fund, should it not?

The cats really don't need everything since they're indoor cats anyways.

Vela
05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
You'll need to check with the vet to be sure he will do it without the shots. But if nothng else, if she can be spayed, it's better than nothing and may help with her behavior. Plus there can't ever be an oops.

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
More than likely they are going to want to do pre-op blood work, and then the spay and you'll want the pain meds, because face it, if you're getting cut open, wouldn't you want to have the pain meds. Animals feel the pain, so they do deserve the extra couple bucks (or a movie ticket) that the meds require.

The vaccinations, except bordetella, should be mandatory. Rabies especially.

I'm still floored that there isn't any shelter organization that offers low fee stuff.

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Found this with just 1 1/2 mins. of searching.

It's through the Washing County/Johnson City Animal Shelter, their alternate site, Tailchaser. http://www.tailchaser.org/

It gives amounts for cats and dogs per weight amount. It really wasn't that hard to find, and per the vet office, this is the shelter for Bri's area.

Can this be an alternative?! The form is a PDF download.

Husky_mom
05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
thought of copying this part I bolded interesting parts..

_________________________________________-

There are several ways to have your pets altered at a reduced rate in the East Tennessee region.

Good News Spay & Neuter Clinic No application necessary...just call for an appointment.

Colleen Jones, DVM 282-5110

Prices Cat neuter 25

Cat spay 35

Dog neuter 35

Dog spay 40-60 depending on dog's weight

Northridge Veterinary Clinic Drs. Ensminger offer a low cost program for surgery. The application can be picked up at the animal shelter. Appointments must be made in advance through the clinic.

Robinson's Animal Hospital Dr. Robinson offer a low cost program for surgery. The application can be picked up at the animal shelter. Appointments must be made in advance through the clinic.

Vela
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Can't change clinics now for this particular event, because the money is only set up through that clinic in the fund. For future vet visits sure, but honestly, her mother doesn't seem inclined to care about the animals' welfare as far as vet care goes, so I don't know that she would pay for it out of pocket later on. Maybe that's not true, and she would, but she hasn't seemed to want to by Briana's posts.

lbaker
05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Rox, here people are from all over the U.S. - coast to coast, and all over the world taking the time and effort and contributing hard earned money to help your pets and you can't get out of bed in the morning but can go to the movies when you want to. Yet you can't understand why people have become upset :eek: Are you really that naive? No, I don't think PM messages are the answer. I think it's important for those that might be new to Pet Talk understand the care that's possible but also the resolve that we INSIST that you take these cares AND CONCERNS WITH YOUR ATTITUDE seriously. You don't seem to. You whine alot and act defensively. Posters new to this board can learn the good and the bad from this whole sorry episode.

Vela
05-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Robinson's Animal Hospital Dr. Robinson offer a low cost program for surgery. The application can be picked up at the animal shelter. Appointments must be made in advance through the clinic.

Good point Husky Mom! Briana, you or your mom go to the shelter and get the application. Then perhaps Gizzy can get everything she needs with the funds already in place. Please don't say you can't or won't go get it. Talk to your mom nicely and ask her to please take you there to get that so you can get the cat taken care of. The money is there, people have helped, now you need to go get it and get this thing really done. Promise your mom to clean the house or do something nice for her if she'll please just take you. This is more important and somehting you really need to do! Those funds will be dispersed to someone else if you don't use it. if you qualify it might also be cheaper for everything else she needs as well. Please don't put it off and just act like it doesn't matter, it does.

cassiesmom
05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Can you call a taxi? I found two on Yahoo: Mom's Taxi - 423-975-0698; and Johnson City Cab - 423-433-3398. You might have to ask the driver to collect the payment from the Pet Angel fund when you reach the office. Have you a neighbor or another friend who could help you with this?

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 03:04 PM
On the whole me going to see Pirates 3 twice, do you really think my mother would have put that money towards the pets anyways? No..

Unless my mom will go right now, I won't be able to get the form. The shelter closes in an hour and I doubt she's going to go, but I will ask her. Unless I go today I can't have the form till next week.

And of course, she said no.

And I already said she would take me to the vet's office.

Hellow
05-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Couldent you walk there? Or ride a bike or skateboard? Or get a friend to take you?

Grace
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Could you call the shelter and have them mail the form to you?

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Couldent you walk there? Or ride a bike or skateboard? Or get a friend to take you?
No, it's on the other side of town. And if I got a ride I wouldn't make it there in time.

And just to prove to you how little my mom cares about the animals..

She just said why do you need the form? ME: Because we cant afford the spay if we don't. Mom: No. I didn't ask you to go begging for money in the first place. And I don't give a rat's a** about Gizzie. She isn't my first priority and for all I care she can be thrown out in the street. It's about to come to that anyways.

So does anybody really believe how cruel and heartless my mom is now or am I still going to be accused of making excuses?

Edit: I don't think they mail out forms?

kittycats_delight
05-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I am talking to Bri right now and she is soooo upset. Her mother is being completely unreasonable. Bri is fighting for Gizzie but her mother is unbending because she simply doesn't want the cat or like it. She basically told her I don't give a rat's A$$ what happens to Gizzie. I didn't want it here in the first place. Bri reminder her she was the one who said Gizzie could come home and was told that is the end of it I don't want to hear anymore.

She is extremely upset and I feel bad for her. It is extremely hard when you are a kid and your parent is cutting your path off at every step. She won't allow her to walk or bike to the clinic or the shelter herself, she won't take her and she won't allow her to ask anyone. She won't make a call or allow her to make the call either. It is very upsetting and frustrating for her. I know her heart must be breaking having her mother care so little for something she cares so much about. I mean it is breaking my heart so I can only imagine how bad it makes her feel.

I hope her mom can wake up a little and see how much her being so disagreeable and uncompromising and dare I say cruelhearted she is being to Bri.

ETA: Mom does have a heart afterall. Seeing how upset Bri was getting. She gave in and told her she would take her for the form. She is gone right now. It is pretty bad Bri had to get so upset as to be sobbing and crying before her mother decided to help at all.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Robinson's doesn't offer a low cost spay/neuter anymore. The drive over there was for nothing.

Husky_mom
05-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Robinson's doesn't offer a low cost spay/neuter anymore. The drive over there was for nothing.

he may not offer that anymore,but believe me the drive meant something........ that you really are trying and that mom is involved at least a bit......... one step at a time.........

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I still think what I thought long ago... get rid of mom and take care of the pets. Children can file for emancipation you know.

I'm sure the drive over there only to find out that they don't offer it anymore just pissed off mom more. Should have called first to be certain.

Bri, seriously, is there any other family member(s) that you could go to and live with? I'm not kidding. This mother of yours is just not doing you or her other responsibilities justice.

kittycats_delight
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
he may not offer that anymore,but believe me the drive meant something........ that you really are trying and that mom is involved at least a bit......... one step at a time.........

That's exactly what I told her Isabel.

kittycats_delight
05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I still think what I thought long ago... get rid of mom and take care of the pets. Children can file for emancipation you know.

I'm sure the drive over there only to find out that they don't offer it anymore just pissed off mom more. Should have called first to be certain.

Bri, seriously, is there any other family member(s) that you could go to and live with? I'm not kidding. This mother of yours is just not doing you or her other responsibilities justice.

You don't know the half of it Jenn. :eek:

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM

What's emancipation? :o

Yeah, and then I got yelled at most of the way home.

Um, there's my dad. But the animals would be in even worse shape there. And I can't just leave my mom. I'm all she has. :/

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
If you're all mom has, then maybe she needs to be reminded of that... she's not doing you any favors with her behavior. Even adults need nudging.

Emancipation... think of the slaves being freed. They were emancipated. When a child files for emancipation, it means that they are filing for a "divorce" from the parent and are committed to living on their own and supporting themselves. It's an actual legal deal through the courts and all.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 04:07 PM
If you're all mom has, then maybe she needs to be reminded of that... she's not doing you any favors with her behavior. Even adults need nudging.

Emancipation... think of the slaves being freed. They were emancipated. When a child files for emancipation, it means that they are filing for a "divorce" from the parent and are committed to living on their own and supporting themselves. It's an actual legal deal through the courts and all.
Well, she loves me. Just not my cats.

Oh, seriously? :eek: Um.. I'm only 14.8 I think I'm too young to do that.

Donnaj4962
05-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Okay, I have NEVER gotten involved in such a controversial thread in my time her on PT. But I feel as if I have to say something. And Bri, I do believe that you love your pets and want what is best for them. I also believe that your Mother is not doing anything to help them. But I also can tell (very clearly) that you are young, and that you have a lot of maturing to do. So, you MUST step up to the plate, and put your foot down to do what needs to be done to get your babies the help they need. And I know that I will probably get a lot of flack for saying this, but here goes.... even if it means that you will need to rehome them. All along, I have been wondering if this is some sort of "tough love" from your Mom. After all that you both are experiencing right now, she may KNOW that it would be best to rehome the pets, and she is trying to help you to see that by not helping you. (Not exactly a great strategy, I know, but it could be a possibility.)

I have to say that I am concerned about some things that you have said in your posts, and most especially about not being able to wake up. What will you do when, after the surgery on Giz, you must give her her pain meds? How will you get up then? I hope that the alarm clock that Jenn is sending to you gets to you in time and you will use it with great thankfulness for her generosity! Many folks on PT are being overly generous, and I am concerned that you do not realize that. Everyone has gone out of their way to help you and your babies, (and I know that you have said that you have done a lot of the work through PMs, etc.) so why not continue that? Show us that you will find a way to get your pets the vet care that they need. Don't continue to make excuses.... DO SOMETHING! Make an effort.

Understand Bri, I am not trying to criticize, I am just trying to help you realize that if you are old enough to care for your pets, then you MUST make more of an effort. I only want what is best for your pets.

jennielynn1970
05-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Not really. You're almost 15, and there are others out there who were on their own earlier... but that's not the point.

What does emancipation mean?
"Emancipation of a minor” generally refers to the process of freeing a minor (person under age 18) from parental control. It means that the parent is no longer legally responsible for the acts of the child. It can allow the child to set up his/her own living arrangement. The term may also refer to freeing the earnings/income of a child from the control of a parent.

This is actually a really good site for answers...
http://www.peoples-law.org/children/emancipation/emancipation%20home.htm

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Rehoming is something I won't do. That's probably selfish of me to say, but at least where they are now they have me. And me is doing all I can for them at the moment. And I've already said this. And IMO, I'm being more mature than some of the adults on PT who are using caps and yelling at me. But that's just my opinion.

Jenn Well, still. I can't leave my mom. Many reasons for that.

Scooter's Mom
05-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Rehoming is something I won't do. That's probably selfish of me to say, but at least where they are now they have me. And me is doing all I can for them at the moment. And I've already said this. And IMO, I'm being more mature than some of the adults on PT who are using caps and yelling at me. But that's just my opinion.

Jenn Well, still. I can't leave my mom. Many reasons for that.

It doesn't seem that you are doing all you can for them. Rehoming them is an option. It seems like you're just being stubborn and not considering that it could actually be the best thing for them. :(

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 05:14 PM
It doesn't seem that you are doing all you can for them. Rehoming them is an option. It seems like you're just being stubborn and not considering that it could actually be the best thing for them. :(
You don't even know the half of it.

Scooter's Mom
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
You don't even know the half of it.

Then tell us.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
It's rather personal and then everyone would just hate me more.

kittycats_delight
05-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Then tell us.

I think if you want her to tell you then it is best in PM & if Bri feels she can tell you then she will do so. I have heard a lot of it and I am sure not all and it is very personal and not everyone would understand.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Michelle.

It's just something I don't feel comfortable talking about and I'm pretty sure my real friends don't even know about it. Only two of my well trusted online friends know and it's just something really personal. And most people would convict me of more things because it's hard to understand.

dogzr#1
05-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, know 'the other half' and how personal it is. I don't think should have to share it if she doesn't want to. Knowing this piece of information, I can see why Bri is wary, if you will, of asking her mom to do so much stuff concerning Gizzie and all the other pets. I know my mom would get annoyed if I bugged her about taking me here and there for a pet, even if it was the right thing to do. Most parents, not all, think a dog is healthy when it's getting food and water. And by reading what Bri's mom said, I can say she is one of those parents. she is getting annoyed by Gizzie and threatened to throw her out on the streets. You have to take 'baby steps' in these kinds of situations because in a snap her mom can change her mind and just do that, throw her out.

I KNOW Bri is thankful for all of this help but right now she is under a lot of pressure- PTers are getting her upset as Michelle has said, she has to plan and maintain the fund set up, she has to do all this work regarding the vet and vet care (ie appointments etc.) and she has to do all this without bugging her mom that much. I think under all these circumstances she is doing a wonderful job.

Vela
05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm really sorry that they don't still offer that. At least you made the effort and I applaud you for that. I hope things will work out for you.

Catty1
05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
1. I had a hysterectomy one week ago today. I am my mom's. I CANNOT answer PMs, and sometimes cannot even post messages.

IF YOU HAVE SENT ME PMs on LOW COST SPAY NEUTER or ANYTHING ELSE, I CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE INFO.

2. NO ONE SAID DR ROBINSON WAS LOW-COST! HE HAS THE PET ANGEL FUND WHICH PEOPLE DONATE TO.

SUGGESTION - GET GIZZY DONE AT DR R'S. THEN LET'S FIND ONE OF THE GOOD LOW-COST CLINICS, ONE OF WHICH IS IN JOHNSON CITY, AND SEE ABOUT FUNDING THEM.

I AM NOT FLAMING, JUST TRYING TO BE EMPHATIC WHILE I CAN ACTUALLY GET THIS DIAL-UP TO COOPERATE.

WILL BE BACK BY THURSDAY NITE MT

Alysser
05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I just wanted to say, that I have been in the same situations where I begged my parents to take my pets or strays or something to a vet, or take them in and it has always been rejected. My parents aren't what you'd call "pet people", and you have to face the fact that some parents aren't. They allow their child to get a pet but expect it to be ok with just food, shelter, and water. That is what my parents think sometimes.

I don't think anyone here likes the situation Bri is in with her pets right now, she doesn't like it either. I am sure many of you think we teens "make excuses" alot of the time but my parents just don't like animals as much as me and they don't agree with bringing an animal to the vet very easily. I know this from asking many a time, and I have alot of experience with it.

Pretty pointless post, but just felt I needed to let it out.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I just wanted to say, that I have been in the same situations where I begged my parents to take my pets or strays or something to a vet, or take them in and it has always been rejected. My parents aren't what you'd call "pet people", and you have to face the fact that some parents aren't. They allow their child to get a pet but expect it to be ok with just food, shelter, and water. That is what my parents think sometimes.

I don't think anyone here likes the situation Bri is in with her pets right now, she doesn't like it either. I am sure many of you think we teens "make excuses" alot of the time but my parents just don't like animals as much as me and they don't agree with bringing an animal to the vet very easily. I know this from asking many a time, and I have alot of experience with it.

Pretty pointless post, but just felt I needed to let it out.
Thank you Alyssa :)

k9krazee
05-29-2007, 09:53 PM
So did an appointment ever get scheduled then...or what? What's going on? How long do you have until the fund is given to other needy animals?

Hellow
05-29-2007, 09:57 PM
update, please?

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
We found out the price.

Jenn is going to call them and see how much is in the fund tomorrow.

And she's going to check on the price without the leukemia test.

So, we won't know anything more til tomorrow.

emilysgk
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Toes...Toes...Toes. I think no matter which way ones opinion/comments go, your stepping on some toes.

All this talk of age, maturity, mom who dont care in the least, nothing being accomplished. Wow. So hard to make up from down, wrong from right. Its crazy stuff here. Mom simply dont care. Ok, yes there are people out there who dont see an animal as anything with worth. instead of finding a home, she wants to try and help Giz and mom get along. Great.. but I dont know. There are many things to consider. I could get back into the negative of not getting out of bed to make a call. Im sorry, but its a poor excuse. I am a nocturnal insomniac with 4 children. I trained my kids to sleep in from birth. But today, I crawled out of bed at 7am after very few hours of sleep. I took my cat to the vet (after saving for months) I came home, to my 3 kids (one in school) I took care of them and the house and whatnot. No naps, no second chance to sleep. There is no excus in that. I will also get up and repeat the process tomorrow to get the cat home. Its worth it. I went 3 solid days without sleep to care for 4 newborn kittens, mom and my 4 kids.. I was up late last night because I had to take care of my FISH who had to have a water change due to toxins. Fish I lost sleep over.

When I first saw this thread. I thought that Bri was great. She was being responsible where her mother wouldnt. I even posted that. Things change. Too many to list really. Maturity has little to do with it at this point. People in this age range can grow up, and fast, when they need or want to. I see neither here. I was taking care of my own baby at 16, and the father the same age worked and supported it.

I dont know the story. Bri, you can PM if you would like. But when it comes down to it, I dont see what can happen where you decide to put yourself, and your happiness before your animals. I know people often dont see things the same as what people from the outside can or do. But when it comes down to it, you put the animal before you. I have done this in the past. It is VERY hard, yes. But times do come that its the only option. I gave up a dog I saved at 2 weeks from certain death and had to give him up after 2 years, for him. Not for me. I knew it was the right thing to do. (and I have many other stories too)

Other things must be considered in there care. What happens if they do get fixed and shots and are good to go... Then one day one falls incredibly ill? Then what? Would your mother care enough... no. Would she even care enough to at minimum pts if called for? Honestly I doubt that. Im not trying to say your mom is a horrible person. She simply does not see an animal as more than a thing. Which is fine. But that means that she should not be responsible for animals, and in this case she dont want to be and your fighting her. Money may be a technical issue, but its not the root of the problem. Dont assume I dont know about money either. (since you would probably pick that right up I will explain) I can nearly guarantee you that my family of 6 (Plus 3 cats, 2 newts and a number of fish) are living on less right now. With enough will and effort I have saved to get Snow spayed. Now I am starting the slow process for 2 more cats. You will not ever change your mother. She just dont want animals. You should do your best, but if you cant get things in order, place them. Carefully chosen homes. In time you will have the chance to provide happy homes in the future when your an adult yourself.

I hope in the end all comes out well. Weather that be being spayed or a new home.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Have read entire thread and have got a headache. Just 3 points

1. Are the animals okay?

2. If Mom hates them so much why not just say "no you can't have a pet" - plenty do. Once you have a place of your own (i.e. when you are older) you can fill it with as many animals as you want as long as you are able to provide for each and every one of them

and

3. If she slept with her phone under her pillow someone could take her number and give her an early morning wake up call!!

(was going to put point 4 - when did Borzoi come back but thought better of it :D )

One more thing - this is just my opinion but I don't think parents should let their children have pets unless the parent is prepared to take on the care and responsiblity of the animal. I only let my daughter have all our animals because I knew I would be happy to look after them too and not leave it all to her. My parents weren't "pet people" which is why I didn't get every cat/dog/rabbit I set my heart on - doesn't make them bad parents, makes them responsible

JenBKR
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
I just found and read this today. I'm not even sure how to respond. I think it was amazingly generous of the PTers who donated to the fund. You guys are great. I honestly think that if you are not going to be able to care for the pets, you should consider rehoming. However, you might still be able to pull through this. Any updates?

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Just spoke to Linda at the office, and so far there is has only been one donation in the amount of $60.00

Had there been other donations made?? I thought I read earlier that there had been more money donated??? :confused:

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
If there's only $60.00 in there, I don't see why the low fee spay/neuter clinic can't be used... She could get the shots for Gizzie for that amount, and then do the clinic for the spay. That's reasonable.

Scooter's Mom
05-30-2007, 02:01 PM
:) We are at $175.00 now {headed that way in the mail}..

And in the next message, which is from kittycats_delight:
My donation is €40,00 which about $55.00 american. Sent off from here on the 25th.

I'm sure it's not made it here yet, since it's coming from Italy.

So that would bring it to around $230.00. I don't know why it's only got $60 in it though.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I would think if it is just $60.00 there so far then the others have not made it as of yet. Maybe another check as of the beginning of next week would be a good idea. Give it a little extra time to make it.

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 02:32 PM
No clue. I'm just letting you know what the amount is.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Jenn.

Sevaede
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Just a question.. if it's like pulling teeth from a gator to get your mom to make a call, drive somewhere, let you walk down the street (to the vet), or even talk to.. How are they going to get to the vet once everything is ready to go? :(

Not trying to tread on toes, just curious!

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Just a question.. if it's like pulling teeth from a gator to get your mom to make a call, drive somewhere, let you walk down the street (to the vet), or even talk to.. How are they going to get to the vet once everything is ready to go? :(

Not trying to tread on toes, just curious!

Apparently Bri's mom said that she will take Gizzie to the vet when the appointment is made and pick her up she is just not having any part in all the rest of it. Don't understand why she is willing to take her but not help with making a phone call. But really it is impossible to understand some people's reasonings.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Only $60? Sorry for so late in replying. I couldn't get online because our electricity was cut off this morning. My mom had to borrow money to get it back on.

Well, since no other donations have made it yet and this money won't be in thee much longer, why don't we go ahead and switch clinics? Besides the spay and neuter clinic there is also another clinic that offers low cost spay/neuter. I picked up a form from the animal shelter yesterday.

It's up to everyone here though.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Only $60? Sorry for so late in replying. I couldn't get online because our electricity was cut off this morning. My mom had to borrow money to get it back on.

Well, since no other donations have made it yet and this money won't be in thee much longer, why don't we go ahead and switch clinics? Besides the spay and neuter clinic there is also another clinic that offers low cost spay/neuter. I picked up a form from the animal shelter yesterday.

It's up to everyone here though.

Well if the other money is already enroute then it will show up there and they aren't gonna send it back.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Well if the other money is already enroute then it will show up there and they aren't gonna send it back.
Oh, yeah. :/

Well if the money doesn't make it there soon then it won't matter.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh, yeah. :/

Well if the money doesn't make it there soon then it won't matter.

Why not take her in to get her shots done now then and when the rest arrives make the appointment for her spay?

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Why not take her in to get her shots done now then and when the rest arrives make the appointment for her spay?
Is $60 enough for the shots?

critter crazy
05-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Is $60 enough for the shots?
from this stated earlier, almost. could you come up with the 6.75??

PreOp blood work: $55.00
Spay: 81.99; Pain meds $8-$10.00
Vax: Distemper-18.69; FeLV-22.04; Rabies-12.73; Bordetella-13.29 = $66.75
FeLV/FIV combo test - 44.79
Total 258.53
Not sure what tax is in your state.... would need to calculate that in.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 06:08 PM

I am not sure but Gizzie may need to be tested before they vaccinate her for felv and in that case there is enough.

lbaker
05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh goodness child, get off your butt and do something. Why are you always whining and leaving it up to others to decide and take action? Oh, I forgot.. you don't/can't wake up before noon. Oh forget I even said anything, I'm done with this

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh goodness child, get off your butt and do something. Why are you always whining and leaving it up to others to decide?
Excuse me? I'm not whining. And don't talk to me that way.

Of course everyone is probably going to come in here and agree with you and then not say anything about you being rude. Yet if I say something even slightly off I get called rude.

Whatever.

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 08:42 PM
You should have no problem getting vax done w/out any testing. Testing isn't mandatory. Vax are.

critter crazy
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
You should have no problem getting vax done w/out any testing. Testing isn't mandatory. Vax are.
ditto.

Alysser
05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh goodness child, get off your butt and do something. Why are you always whining and leaving it up to others to decide and take action? Oh, I forgot.. you don't/can't wake up before noon.

That was REALLY uncalled for. As I said in previous posts, I don't agree with some of Bri's actions or words but NIETHER DOES SHE! Do you think she just chooses to be in situations like this one? No one likes it, all she is asking for is support NOT bashing. I don't get why everyone is being so rude around here lately, geez. I think some people need to learn the phrase "If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all".

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
If it were me, I'd do all the vax except for the bordatella. I'd do that when there is enough cash. Cats do get it, but it's more prevalent in the shelter situation.

luckies4me
05-30-2007, 08:47 PM
As for the bordetella (canine kennel cough) the cat wouldn't need that vax. There is a form of cat bordetella but a lot of clinics do not carry a vaccine for it, so you may want to call the clinic and ask if they provide the vax. It's very rare that a hospital vaccinates for it.

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
As for the bordetella (canine kennel cough) the cat wouldn't need that vax. There is a form of cat bordetella but a lot of clinics do not carry a vaccine for it, so you may want to call the clinic and ask if they provide the vax. It's very rare that a hospital vaccinates for it.

The clinic is the one who quoted the price for the bordatella... hence why it was stated in the estimate.

Like I said, it is more common in the shelters, our shelter has been dealing with it recently. I don't think Gizzie would need it since she wasn't at a shelter.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay. I didn't think the bordetella was necessary for cats. And I'm pretty sure they won't do FeLV without the test, so I'll just tell them to hold off on it. My mom or I is making the appointment tomorrow for next Thursday or Friday :)

ETA: Do you think they'll charge for an initial examination?

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Awesome news Bri!!! If they will do it w/out the test, get it done. The odds of her being positive are pretty small if she's been healthy. FeLv seems to show it's ugly head early on if they are young. Many of our kittens at the shelter that were FeLv+ are/were sickly. Some still look good, but not great.

luckies4me
05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
The clinic is the one who quoted the price for the bordatella... hence why it was stated in the estimate.

Like I said, it is more common in the shelters, our shelter has been dealing with it recently. I don't think Gizzie would need it since she wasn't at a shelter.

Ah, didn't know if they meant the cat vax or dog vax since there was mention of treating her dogs as well. :p

Our local Humane Society had a huge outbreak of it a few months back, and unfortunately I think the local animal control is now dealing with it...and sadly still adopting those animals out. :(

The animal hospital I work for has been trying to get ahold of a vax for such a long time, but our headquarters won't approve of it's use because it's not that common. A real pitty IMO. Better safe than sorry!

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 08:56 PM

As asked above, do you think they'll charge an initial exam price as well as for the shots?

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I would assume they would. Hrm... she didn't give me a price for an office visit. I'll call tomorrow again and see what a visit costs. Shouldn't be too much. Not sure what they average down there, but up here at my vet (who is not part of state or national chain like VCA) an office visit is about $30.

I'll find out tomorrow.

Grace
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM

She said her mother is a nurse. Nurses in Tennessee can make upwards of $40,000/year. I would hope her mother could float a loan for that piddling amount.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I would assume they would. Hrm... she didn't give me a price for an office visit. I'll call tomorrow again and see what a visit costs. Shouldn't be too much. Not sure what they average down there, but up here at my vet (who is not part of state or national chain like VCA) an office visit is about $30.

I'll find out tomorrow.
Alrighty. I'll just wait til you find out to make the appointment then. My mom said she'd make the appointment.. she's actually doing something. *applauds mommy*

Grace My mom may make decent money, but right now none of that money can be wasted. It pretty much all goes to bills minus a few dollars. And she probably won't spend it on the animals. And.. Gizzie has to have the test before she can get the shot. So, the test and shot will have to wait with the spay.

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I'm guessing if they just had their electric shut off, she hasn't accumulated that much in savings. We don't know the who the employer is, or what her salary is. You can't really assume things. I teach. The average teacher salary in PA is about $48,000./yr. That figure is what tenured teachers, on average of 10+ years, make. So, you have to look at the facts and not go on just "averages". Assuming isn't going to help either side... and you know what they say about assumptions.

Hopefully they will be able to find $6.75.

Grace
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm guessing if they just had their electric shut off, she hasn't accumulated that much in savings. We don't know the who the employer is, or what her salary is. You can't really assume things. I teach. The average teacher salary in PA is about $48,000./yr. That figure is what tenured teachers, on average of 10+ years, make. So, you have to look at the facts and not go on just "averages". Assuming isn't going to help either side... and you know what they say about assumptions.

Hopefully they will be able to find $6.75.

I'm not assuming anything. I stated the facts about nurses salaries in Tennessee. She did not dispute.

jennielynn1970
05-30-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not assuming anything. I stated the facts about nurses salaries in Tennessee. She did not dispute.

Well, not to be argumentative, but unless you personally know that her mom gets that actual salary, you are assuming. Salaries stated for states are, on the norm, based on averages, meaning there are higher, and there are lower, and the middle is the average. Either way, it's more than likely not Bri's business to post her mom's salary online. I wouldn't do it. If they are hurting for cash right now, let's just leave it at that, unless you want to go ask her mom for a copy of her last paystub, which I can't see her mom reacting to positively, lol.

Grace
05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Truthfully, the amount I put down is quite a bit lower than the average for Tennessee. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea what she makes, and would never ask. I do know what I made as a nurse before I retired.

My point is - for the price of $6.75 this poor cat might not get medical care. That is outrageous to me.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
My point is - for the price of $6.75 this poor cat might not get medical care. That is outrageous to me.
Um, have you been paying no attention to what I wrote? They won't do the FeLV without the test, and we're not getting the bordetella, so there is enough in the fund.

Sevaede
05-31-2007, 02:46 AM
Apparently Bri's mom said that she will take Gizzie to the vet when the appointment is made and pick her up she is just not having any part in all the rest of it. Don't understand why she is willing to take her but not help with making a phone call. But really it is impossible to understand some people's reasonings.

That's good to know! :) Thank you!

Indeed. Some are just baffling! :confused: :eek:

kittycats_delight
05-31-2007, 03:39 AM
Grace...her mom is not working steadily. So she doesn't make a whole lot and due to extenuating circumstances that are personal to Bri and her mom her job is not stable. She has to take what she can. Obviously if they are losing electricity and on food stamps her pay is far from $40,000 a year. I don't think the government would put them on food stamps if she was making that much.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-31-2007, 03:42 AM
I am usually one of the first to put my hand in my pocket to help out (a fool and her money etc...etc...) but this post has left me entirely stumped......

Its not clear how much is needed and how much has been raised and what treatment is going ahead - or am I just being a bit dense?

Pawsitive Thinking
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
It's rather personal and then everyone would just hate me more.

No one here hates you , silly girl. We are all genuinely concerned for you and your pets.

If you read the thread from top to bottom you will see that people are trying to help you but are getting very confused about the whole issue - I know I am

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't think being called rude is helpful, but okay then.

If they don't charge for the exam then we're all set to go and I will make the appointment tomorrow.

sandragonfly
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
sigh roxy, didn't you just said you'll make one tomorrow yesternight?

well, I made a call anyway, and they will be expecting you (gimzo willis) next thursday morning between 8 - 9 for shots and spay. for all of the details they wanted, I've tried and gave out the best of my knowledge - reasons, breed, color, and age.. they would still want a specific birthdate of the cat and phone number where gizzy can be reached if you have them.

maybe when you all get there, you can explain to them that all of these will be paid by funds - hopefully all of checks will get in time by that day.

and if your mother doesn't agree with that date/time, please let me know and I'll give a call back. all is free for me. :)

sorry guys, since this is going nowhere for too long, there is something we have to do.

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 12:28 PM

well, I made a call anyway, and they will be expecting you (gimzo willis) next thursday morning between 8 - 9 for shots and spay. for all of the details they wanted, I've tried and gave out the best of my knowledge - reasons, breed, color, and age.. they would still want a specific birthdate of the cat and phone number where gizzy can be reached if you have them.

maybe when you all get there, you can explain to them that all of these will be paid by funds - hopefully all of checks will get in time by that day.

and if your mother doesn't agree with that date/time, please let me know and I'll give a call back. all is free for me. :)

sorry guys, since this is going nowhere for too long, there is something we have to do.

Good Job Gina....
And I really mean that....

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Because I was waiting on Jenn's call to find out if the exam was going to cost anything.

I was going to make the appointment myself.. obviously nobody trusts me >_>, but thanks.

But if the funds don't get there, then I'm crap out of luck.

Muddy4paws
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Dont be silly of course people trust you but sometimes others need to take control, Gina didn't need to help you out and nor do anyone else here on PT so please stop thinking everyone is against you.

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
and a thank you to Gina wouldn't hurt either....

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not thinking everyone is against me. I just would have appreciated some notice before appointments were made. Because a. I wasn't planning on doing the spay right now. and b. They're my animals and I was going to make the appointment myself tomorrow. I said today, but then Jenn was asking about if there was an initial exam cost, so that's why I was waiting.

And no, I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, I'm just upset that I wasn't consulted first. They're my pets after all.

And I did say thank you.

Muddy4paws
05-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Aren't you glad its being done sooner rather than later? If you are expecting donations and help other people WILL get involved. This seemed like a forever thead about a vet visit and now its actually happening.

I really dont see what the problem is. When people give you help you really should say thanks and accept it.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Aren't you glad its being done sooner rather than later? If you are expecting donations and help other people WILL get involved. This seemed like a forever thead about a vet visit and now its actually happening.

I really dont see what the problem is. When people give you help you really should say thanks and accept it.
Yes, but I'd prefer to make the appointments on my own. Just because I asked for donations doesn't mean I want everyone involved in my life. And I know, shoot me. Tell me that if I ask for help I should expect that, and blah blah. But whatever, I don't like people in my life.

I did say thank you. But my mom isn't going to be happy about this.

And in case nobody sees the thank you..

Thank you, Gina.

But as said, I would have preferred to make the appointment myself. We don't have enough money in the fund for everything, and it still may not be here by next week.

Muddy4paws
05-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Hang on a second.

When other people give you their hard earned cash then you damn well should expect them to be involved!

Your mum was going to drop you off so whats the problem? She knows in advance and if not find another way of getting down there. I really dont see what the problem is.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Hang on a second.

When other people give you their hard earned cash then you damn well should expect them to be involved!

Your mum was going to drop you off so whats the problem? She knows in advance and if not find another way of getting down there. I really dont see what the problem is.
That's not what I meant. I know they're going to be involved, but I don't like people making appointments and such for me no matter how much it seems like I do. I prefer doing things my own way. Probably why my mom so disagrees with this whole thing.

No, she wasn't just dropping me off.

She wanted to make the appointment. I asked her and she said okay. And now she's going to bitch at me with more "Stop letting these people help us" crap.

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
this is a dumb question and if has been asked and answered I'm sorry - but
will they allow to set up a payment plan for Gizzy?

critter crazy
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Well then why dosent every one stop helping you then, and you can go back to doing your own thing. Lets just cancel the fund, and be on our merry may.

Now you can do it your way, and no one will get your mom upset!

Have fun, hope your pets get taken care of!:rolleyes:

Uabassoon
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't understand why you are so upset. Everytime people have asked you to call the vet you claim that you can't because you are not able to use your phone unless it is an emergency. So Gina was doing you a great favor by setting up the appointment, now you don't have to wake up before noon and try to make the phone call yourself.

sandragonfly
05-31-2007, 01:08 PM
no staci, thank you, I appreciate it.

I apologize, I should have explain more in previous - spaying in your account is put up as possibility; they know it's not for sure because of limited funds. so you can either keep it or drop it on that day.

and for exams, combo of felv/fiv (aids) test: $40. and, $41 for cat visit and $43 for dog visit. wasn't that already included?

roxy, you still can call yourself tomorrow, to speak with linda to know more about funds - I thought I'd help because I wanted to and I'm sorry I didn't make this any better. :(

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
this is a dumb question and if has been asked and answered I'm sorry - but
will they allow to set up a payment plan for Gizzy?
It hasn't been asked, and not a dumb question.

I really don't know. If my mom had to pay for anything she'd probably complain, a lot. If I had the money I would gladly make payments, but I don't. If the money came from the fund then my mom would be all peachy keen with it, but if money comes from her pocket. :rolleyes: I don't see why she's like this. >_>

Well then why dosent every one stop helping you then, and you can go back to doing your own thing. Lets just cancel the fund, and be on our merry may.

Now you can do it your way, and no one will get your mom upset!

Have fun, hope your pets get taken care of!
Why are you so sarcastic to me when I'm trying really hard to control my temper and say some things that I shouldn't say? Are you really trying to get me upset?

Really, sarcasm is uncalled for. I'm trying to control my own sarcasm.

I don't understand why you are so upset. Everytime people have asked you to call the vet you claim that you can't because you are not able to use your phone unless it is an emergency. So Gina was doing you a great favor by setting up the appointment, now you don't have to wake up before noon and try to make the phone call yourself.
I know she was doing me a favor, but I was already planning on getting up early tomorrow to make the appointment because I personally want to talk to Linda and anybody else. It's not that I'm ungrateful, I just want to do this myself.

Again, they're my pets.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
no staci, thank you, I appreciate it.

I apologize, I should have explain more in previous - spaying in your account is put up as possiblity; they know it's not for sure because of limited funds.

and for exams, combo of felv/fiv (aids) test: $40. and, $41 for cat visit and $43 for dog visit. wasn't that already included?

I thought I'd help because I wanted to and I'm sorry I didn't make this any better. :(
Oh, right.

So, wait. The exam + shots is only $41? I'm confused, sorry.

No, I'm really glad you made the appointment and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful. Really, I'm not. I'm just thinking about what my mom's going to say. I'll probably have to lie to her and say that I made the appointment.

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
thank you for answering my question-

what about if you used your allowance (i thought I read that you get one - if you don't then never mind) yes it is your mom's money but she is giving it to you as you see fit.
and You STILL CAN call them tomorrow with your questions and talk to Linda and maybe set up a payment plan, or tell them you don't want this or that etc.....
ETA

while I'm not advocating lying to your mom - but if it keeps her from yelling and screaming @ you - with the same results.........

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
thank you for answering my question-

what about if you used your allowance (i thought I read that you get one - if you don't then never mind) yes it is your mom's money but she is giving it to you as you see fit.
and You STILL CAN call them tomorrow with your questions and talk to Linda and maybe set up a payment plan, or tell them you don't want this or that etc.....
I do get an allowance, but it's $10 monthly, so it's not really going to help much. And I may not even get one this month. And it's from my grandpa.

Okay.

critter crazy
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
It hasn't been asked, and not a dumb question.

I really don't know. If my mom had to pay for anything she'd probably complain, a lot. If I had the money I would gladly make payments, but I don't. If the money came from the fund then my mom would be all peachy keen with it, but if money comes from her pocket. :rolleyes: I don't see why she's like this. >_>

Why are you so sarcastic to me when I'm trying really hard to control my temper and say some things that I shouldn't say? Are you really trying to get me upset?

Really, sarcasm is uncalled for. I'm trying to control my own sarcasm.

I know she was doing me a favor, but I was already planning on getting up early tomorrow to make the appointment because I personally want to talk to Linda and anybody else. It's not that I'm ungrateful, I just want to do this myself.

Again, they're my pets.
I am being sarcastic, because I am so mad!! You whine you dont have the funds to take care of your animals,so people out of the kindness of their heart set up a fund for you, then you get some money, Then you whine cause it isnt alot. You are urged to set up an appointment to at least get Gizzy shots, and all we have heard is "tomarrow" So finally someone does you one more huge favor, and sets up the appointment, and once again you are whinning, how you need people to stay out if your life!!! You need to be damn gratefull, that people after all of this are still willing to go above and beyond for you!! If you want people out of your life, then just cancel the fund, and take care of it on your own!

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I do get an allowance, but it's $10 monthly, so it's not really going to help much. And I may not even get one this month. And it's from my grandpa.

Okay.

ok
cleared that up
just a thought....

Muddy4paws
05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Look at the end of the day Gina has gone out of her way to make an appointment so why all the drama? Your mum needs to stop being so ungrateful and realise a good thing when it happens.

The cat has an appointment so go if u wish and if not dont expect any more help because the ball is in your court now so u decide if u want to continue sounding ungrateful or actually get the ball rolling and get something done.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
I am being sarcastic, because I am so mad!! You whine you dont have the funds to take care of your animals,so people out of the kindness of their heart set up a fund for you, then you get some money, Then you whine cause it isnt alot. You are urged to set up an appointment to at least get Gizzy shots, and all we have heard is "tomarrow" So finally someone does you one more huge favor, and sets up the appointment, and once again you are whinning, how you need people to stay out if your life!!! You need to be damn gratefull, that people after all of this are still willing to go above and beyond for you!! If you want people out of your life, then just cancel the fund, and take care of it on your own!
You're taking everything I say out of context as most people do.

shais_mom
05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
after Gizzy gets healthy -
is she going to be rehomed?
Is your mom going to find another reason to rehome her?
bc if that happens why wait?
And I know that giving up an animal would be like cutting off an arm or a leg...

critter crazy
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
You're taking everything I say out of context as most people do.
Oh come on!! you have been doing it to us, since the first time someone said something you didnt like!! Enough already!! Just be gratefull that the appointment has been set, and go from there! Now is the easy part! just work on getting your mom to take her to the vets for her appointment! All you have to do is, tell the vet that you are working with whatever money is in the fund, and they will tell you what they can and cant do for gizzy, as far as her vax goes. Simple!

Hellow
05-31-2007, 01:23 PM
This is starting to make me mad. You whine about everything. You are just ungratful to the people who set up this fund, donated money to this fund, AND set up an appointment just because you are so lazy that you wont get up at 10:00 to make a phone call. You just make me sick. :mad:

P.S. This is for Roxyluvesme13 only.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:25 PM
after Gizzy gets healthy -
is she going to be rehomed?
Is your mom going to find another reason to rehome her?
bc if that happens why wait?
And I know that giving up an animal would be like cutting off an arm or a leg...
I don't know. If Gizzie goes out the door I go with her. As with any of the other animals. And I've told my mom this.

Oh come on!! you have been doing it to us, since the first time someone said something you didnt like!! Enough already!! Just be gratefull that the appointment has been set, and go from there! Now is the easy part! just work on getting your mom to take her to the vets for her appointment! All you have to do is, tell the vet that you are working with whatever money is in the fund, and they will tell you what they can and cant do for gizzy, as far as her vax goes. Simple!
Right. I never said I was ungrateful in the first place.

This is starting to make me mad. You whine about everything. You are just ungratful to the people who set up this fund, donated money to this fund, AND set up an appointment just because you are so lazy that you wont get up at 10:00 to make a phone call. You just make me sick.
Your post makes me laugh.

Hellow
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, thoes were the straight facts set in front of you on a golden platter. Well, your posts are so much bs that that is all of the facts that i could get.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, thoes were the straight facts set in front of you on a golden platter. Well, your posts are so much bs that that is all of the facts that i could get.
And your posts aren't?

critter crazy
05-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't know. If Gizzie goes out the door I go with her. As with any of the other animals. And I've told my mom this.

Right. I never said I was ungrateful in the first place.

Your post makes me laugh.
no you didnt, but you sure arent acting like it!!

a gartefull person would be bending over backwards doing everything in their power to get things done! Even if it meant getting you mom mad!
What about placing your animals in a temporary foster home, till you and mom get back on your feet?? some day you just have to wake up and realize, that you cannot get them everything they need. and they will be better off, till you are more financially stable.

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
no you didnt, but you sure arent acting like it!!

a gartefull person would be bending over backwards doing everything in their power to get things done! Even if it meant getting you mom mad!
What about placing your animals in a temporary foster home, till you and mom get back on your feet?? some day you just have to wake up and realize, that you cannot get them everything they need. and they will be better off, till you are more financially stable.
I'm trying to be grateful and control my anger at the same time. I'm tired of dealing with my mom's wraths of doom.

I did do things. I have done things. I got yelled at for this whole thing but I didn't stop it.

I would rather shoot myself. I don't trust people. I don't care how much care and delicacy would be put into finding a foster home, but I don't trust people. I think they're doing just peachy right now except for their vet care. But other than that, they're all healthy, happy, and certainly well fed.

critter crazy
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm trying to be grateful and control my anger at the same time. I'm tired of dealing with my mom's wraths of doom.

I did do things. I have done things. I got yelled at for this whole thing but I didn't stop it.

I would rather shoot myself. I don't trust people. I don't care how much care and delicacy would be put into finding a foster home, but I don't trust people. I think they're doing just peachy right now except for their vet care. But other than that, they're all healthy, happy, and certainly well fed.
what have you done??? you havent made any calls!! The only thing I saw you do, was get your mom to take you to get some paperwork for another place. and of course I ahve seen you whine alot!

you dont trust people, till they throw money at you???