PDA

View Full Version : Is It Too Early? I HAVE DECIDED..

Reachoutrescue
05-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I received an email about two pittie families in need of rescuing. I am not sure what to do. I am asking your advice on this. Do you think it is too soon to take in another rescue? I can only take in one family, not both, so I will have to choose. Here is the link to one family.

Roxie and Puppies (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8340091)

And here is the other mama:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Photo0459.jpg

angelbow20
05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Aww it would be so hard to choose they are both so cute!! I dont think it would be too early at all, you are saving their lives!!! and thats a great thing to do.

critter crazy
05-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Honey, Only you will know if it is too early. You have to go with your heart on this one. We will agree with whatever you choose!

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Tracy, remember, this is the business you're in. Rescuing is heart wrenching and rewarding. Your heart is huge and your main instinct is to rescue these beautiful dogs. Somehow, maybe it will make you feel like your life is full again after losing Lady. If you feel like it's time, then go for it. Only you know how you really feel. You gave a great fight in trying to save Lady and it wasn't meant to be. Maybe it is meant to be for these pups. Best wishes and prayers that you make the right decision and have the strength you need. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

K9soul
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I would personally say I think it's a bit early. What about Lady's pups? They still need vetting etc don't they? What if one of the new pups has a sickness that spreads to Lady's pups, or if one of the females has another bad illness or heartworms, it would be devastating to be back in that position I would think. I know your heart is really hurting, but if it were me I'd get Lady's pups taken care of and into new homes first. Just my opinion. ((hugs))

Reachoutrescue
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I would personally say I think it's a bit early. What about Lady's pups? They still need vetting etc don't they? What if one of the new pups has a sickness that spreads to Lady's pups, or if one of the females has another bad illness or heartworms, it would be devastating to be back in that position I would think. I know your heart is really hurting, but if it were me I'd get Lady's pups taken care of and into new homes first. Just my opinion. ((hugs))
This is what I was thinking. All of the pups but two are in their forever homes. They all are going in on the 29th for altering, vaccines, and microchipping. Their owners are very understanding on why I postponed the vet date. I am hoping to place the two remaining pups this weekend at our adoption day. I told both contact for the dogs that I will give them my answer on Monday. They know about Lady and are very understanding and while I am deciding they will still look for another rescue in case I decide to say no. Thanks for your opinions guys. They really mean a lot. This is my job, but I do have to think about the safety of the animals I do have here. Thanks again and I will update when I decide.

K9soul
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM
That is wonderful news that the pups are finding their forever homes so quickly. I hope they all find the homes they deserve! I think giving yourself the weekend to think it over is a good idea. I'd probably want the other two pups in their new homes first to be on the safe side, I'm always paranoid! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Genny
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Both dogs are gorgeous, but I agree with K9soul too. I'd focus on Lady's puppies first, then when you're ready get a new dog to care for. But, what ever you want :)

I also wanted to tell you that I just read all of the entire posts about Lady and what all she went through. I hadn't read anything about her til today (I can't believe I didn't notice that post earlier!!) but I was so hoping I'd read that everything was ok. I'm very sorry you lost her--she was such an adorable little dog and I know you both loved one another tremendously! I am glad that she got to spend her last days with someone as caring as you are :)

Genny

buttercup132
05-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Hmm it is a difficult situation. I think instead of greiving I would take my greiving out by helping another mom and her puppies and I would think that's what she would want is for you to save more lives.
But then theres Lady's puppies to deal with still so I'm not sure. If the puppies do get placed this weekend then maybe take one of the mommies.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Only you can decide but I know you will make the right choice (not much help I know...)

pitc9
05-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Tracy, I think you should wait till all the pups are gone. I'd too be worried about something being brought into your house and maybe passed to the pups. But you know what you're doing and if you can keep the newbies quarentined from the rest, then by all means do so.
No matter what you do... I know you'll put your entire heart and soul into what ever dog/pups you'll be saving.

I'm sure you'll do what you think is best for Lady's pups.

In Roxie's picture on PetFinder.. doesn't it look like there's more than 5 pups in the picture? I swear I can count 7 pups! :confused:

Reachoutrescue
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to update everybody. I have decided to wait a while before I pull anymore dogs. I want to rescue, but something is telling me to wait, I think it is Lady. She is worried about her pups. I told her not to worry, they are okay and I will not put them in any danger. I still really miss her. So, I am going with my gut and holding off on rescues for a few weeks.

Taz_Zoee
05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
If that's what you feel is right, then it is. :)
Lady will let you know when the time is right and will bring the right dogs to you for your help.

pitc9
05-19-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm sure it's Lady telling you what to do and I think you've done the right thing.
{{hugs}} to you!

Daisy and Delilah
05-19-2007, 01:51 PM
You're the one that knows your limits, Tracy. I bet Lady was a little worried about her little babies. We know she's looking in on all of you at all times. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I'm still missing that pretty girl :(

Reachoutrescue
05-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys. I am working on a video of Lady, sort of like a tribute. I should have it done in a day or two. I miss her everyday. I think it is getting better though. I will post some pics of the pups soon.