PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #212 - Anniversary of the first Kentucky Derby (17 May 1875)

cassiesmom
05-16-2007, 04:17 PM
And Mario, I'd like a mint julep in honor of the day, please.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
*moff enters and hands the barkeep a note*
My bronchitis has gotten so bad it has taken my voice. I could squeak at you but that would hurt my throat more.

Could I have a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon to go? Don't want to germ up the bar! :)

Lady's Human
05-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Moff, one honey lemon tea to go!

CM, Here ya go, one mint julep.

Mario, put those cherries back, those are for the cake!

gini
05-17-2007, 01:21 AM
And a final HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LH.............I know, you aren't home, but you do know you are well loved by all of us too.

MOFF, don't say a word..........here is your hot tea with honey.
Sit back, relax, maybe we can con Mario into cleaning up this place.

lbaker
05-17-2007, 08:25 AM
*oof, pant...* here's a little wooden rocking horse for you Mario! Put on your silks and let's go for a pony ride. Tea and honey and mint juleps for later on. (Well, those of you on the "other side of the pond" can have one now if you would like...). Git along little dogie :p Seeing that the Preakness is on Saturday in Baltimore we also can serve Black Eyed Susans as an option to Mint Juleps, and if we are on a Baltimore MARYLAND Preakness kick allow me to put some crab cakes together, or at least some crab dip or crab quiche ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Funny you should have this theme for Thursdays, one of our next door neighbors is a horse barn. And he does the sulky racing. Two foals have shown up next door. Very cute and full of energy. :D

I'll have one of those mint julips please. Mario please don't put that saddle on Lady.

cassiesmom
05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
The Preakness race is in Maryland. Maryland has a state cat (the calico) :) and a state drink (milk - I didn't know that Maryland was a dairy state!). My sister has black-eyed Susans in the flower garden at their summer place - I like them because they have such bright colors. So, Mario, milk for me, please. Actually, half milk and half coffee and if you'll hand me the mini blender, I'll whip myself up a latte.

RICHARD
05-17-2007, 02:26 PM
And They're Off!

Well,
Happy B-day to LH!

I forgot to open the bar.For some reason I am a day behind...

Cm, THanks for opening!
Moff, get better.
Lh, glad to see you made it safely!
LOH, Geez, I hope it's not to bad when the wind shifts! :eek:
Gini, I'll strap some mop pads to Mario's feet.....then we'll play catch with him in the area we need mopped!
LB, how long will it take for Mario to figure out hwe's out of the money?

Killearn Kitties
05-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Well imagine my surprise this evening to discover that six giant monkeys (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6664611.stm) had been inflated around Scotland!!! :eek:

lbaker
05-17-2007, 03:05 PM
By the way, happy Grunnlovsdag everyone!!! In honor of Norwegian Constitution Day allow me to whip up some Glug

GLUG COCKTAIL
8 ounces water
1 cup raisins
3 cinnamon sticks
5 whole cloves
12 cardamom seeds
2 dry orange peels
Boil ingredients for 10 minutes in saucepan, then add:

1 gallon port wine
One 750-ml. bottle brandy
16 ounces rum
1/2 cup sugar
Bring to boil and let simmer 1 minute, then turn off burner and ignite. Allow the mixture to burn for about 15 seconds. Serve hot

Guaranteed to make you see 30 foot monkeys :D :p

RICHARD
05-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Guaranteed to make you see 30 foot monkeys :D :p

And I was going to ask for a triple of what KK was having!

Done? Or is it Skoal?
:eek:

lbaker
05-18-2007, 07:03 AM
RICHARD, I've been meaning to ask ~ where did the Turkey Truck come from :confused: If you tell me "the turkey farm" I'm going to slap you ;)

Lady's Human
05-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Do we get Lutefisk as well?

smokey the elder
05-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Glug sounds like a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster! :p :D

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh oh oh , I'll take a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, thanks Laurie! It is Friday night after all.

lbaker
05-18-2007, 03:14 PM
2 Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters coming up. Maybe I better borrow the see-ment mixer for this batch :eek: It's liable to eat through the plastic blender :rolleyes: Happy, happy Friday at Thursday everyone :cool:

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
That strong, eh?
What should we have on the juke box, do you think? Are you feeling mellow Laurie? How about a little Otis Redding? These arms of mine, perhaps?

lbaker
05-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Otis Redding! Now he's just as fine as frogs hair :p thanks for fixing the juke box LH "These arms of mine, perhaps?" Are you asking me to dance KK?? ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Ooooo well that might set some tongues wagging!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
30 foot monkeys, turkeys driving turkey trucks to the turkey farm, Otis Redding sitting on the jukebox, and hairy frogs? :eek:

Whoa!!! This bronchitis med is WAY to strong!!! :eek:
*moff shakes her head and heads back to bed to sleep it off

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh Moff, how is that horrid bronchitis? Can you talk to us yet?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm still feeling pretty bad but my voice is coming back. I can squeak with the best of them now! ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2007, 06:21 PM
The big question is, will you be able to squeak along with Otis?

RICHARD
05-18-2007, 10:39 PM
One PGGB ?

DONE!

I say DONE!

MOFF, are you serving Broncho med shooters?

LH,

Heres a handful of tokens..turn that sucker up!

DONE!

STE,

ONE PGGB?

DONE!

LH, Whatever you want!

Lutefisk and a Glug or PGGB?
DONE!

Ah, the turkey truck..

I was surfing the channels and came across a Muppet movie.

Big Bird was trying to hitchhike in the countryside and he comes across a farmer who is loading turkeys into the bed of a truck.

BB asks the farmer for a ride and the farmer says, "I can't take any riders, This is a turkey truck.."

BB answers, "I am a BIRD.."

and he got his ride! :D

Karen
05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
You cannot make him eat Lutefisk - pickled herring, maybe, but I doubt he'd ingest Lutefisk! ;)

Tonight's a night for blueberry tea - I've made a big pot of it and am willing to share. (It's been grey and rainy here for days and will be tomorrow, too.)

Lady's Human
05-19-2007, 01:59 AM
I'll take 2 pan galactic gargleblasters, and a ride back to my hotel.

Pickled herring is great, but I just can't wrap my head around eating codfish soaked in lye.

RICHARD
05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
I'll take 2 pan galactic gargleblasters, and a ride back to my hotel.

Pickled herring is great, but I just can't wrap my head around eating codfish soaked in lye.

One PGGB-and how's about codfish wrapped in 'truth"?

DONE!

Karen, I'll take a tea!

Done!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Can anyone, really? :D

RICHARD
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
When I was stuck in the L&F I noticed that the tiles make me sound pretty decent-but I wouldn't send anyone in there to sing!

;)

What the heck- Let's karaoke!

DONE!

Lady's Human
05-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Kareoke?

That's what ya call a Taxi in OKC!

RICHARD
05-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Kareoke?

LOLOLOLOLOL,

Free drinks for the rest of the week....

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
And They're Off!

LOH, Geez, I hope it's not to bad when the wind shifts! :eek:

Hey Richard, actually it was worse when he had the dairy farm across the street. And I have to make a correction it's not sulky racing he does is Quarter Horse sprint racing. He has one stallion that raced in Mexico for a million dollars. And a mare that is a tripple A winner I think. Anyway, I thought I would post some pics:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/HPIM0814.jpg

This is little Rocky and Mary in this pic he's 6 days old.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/HPIM0817.jpg

And this is X-man. In this pic he is 4 days old. His mother's name is Glory. I would have liked to get a handsome pic like this of Rocky but his mom kept him at the other end of the paddock where I couldn't get a good shot of him.

They are both very cute and full of energy. Enjoy! Hopefully I can get some more pics soon.

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Kareoke?

*BIG HUGE GROAN* Guys we need to get LH out of OK! He's going crazy with boredom there.

RICHARD
05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the pics...I love colts...Especially when they do the bucking horse thing!

Let's get LH out of OK...

"You have always had the ability to go home......
Just click your heels together and say.....

"GET ME THE HECK OUTTA HERE!"

Hows about a glug on the rocks?!

DONE!

cassiesmom
05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
What a total cutie!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the pics...I love colts...Especially when they do the bucking horse thing!

Let's get LH out of OK...

"You have always had the ability to go home......
Just click your heels together and say.....

"GET ME THE HECK OUTTA HERE!"

Hows about a glug on the rocks?!

DONE!

That glug sounds good to me. I need some after this week. ;)