PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For Thumper Update #20

Craftlady
05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
She has an appointment with the vet today at 3 pm.
Thumper hasnt been using the litter box for several days now and has tenderness around bladder area. I called first thing when they opened up at 9 a.m. Unfortunately, cant get her in any sooner because they are booked up today. I hate waiting.
She has otherwise been eating and drinking.

Keep good thoughts and prayers for her. :)

catnapper
05-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Lots of good luck vibes and many prayers coming her way. I know all about the waiting for a vet thing. Pouncer says he knows all about bladder pain.

Donnaj4962
05-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Many prayers for Thumper from me and the girls in Indiana.

elizabethann
05-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I'll be thinking of Thumper today and will send good vibes her way.

Taz_Zoee
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Thumper will be in my thoughts today.

Reachoutrescue
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Good luck at the vet. I hope Thumper is okay and gets better soon.

Catty1
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Prayers for Thumper! I hope this is 'just' a bladder infection, and not related to her tumour at all.

Are you still continuing with the Reiki? Or maybe trying another practitioner?

HUGS to you and that cute girl! :)

kitimom
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
You got 'em coming your way!!!
Just checked over at Thumper's Xanga site for an update too.

Craftlady
05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Prayers for Thumper! I hope this is 'just' a bladder infection, and not related to her tumour at all.

Are you still continuing with the Reiki? Or maybe trying another practitioner?

HUGS to you and that cute girl! :)

Reiki is still being done.
She is getting additional help from another practitioner :)

It's going on 27 weeks since we started alternative treatment and this tumor is just being stubborn. It didnt happen over night so we dont expect it to go away over night either.
Patience is the best medicine we can give Thumper. Sometimes it gets real frustrating but we take a deep breath, say a prayer and go on with daily life.

Craftlady
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
You got 'em coming your way!!!
Just checked over at Thumper's Xanga site for an update too.

I just updated there too. Thanks for reminding me :)

Scooter's Mom
05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Sending prayers from me and my little ones from Phoenix. Hope all goes well with Thumpers visit.

Craftlady
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
It's a bladder infection. She is on liquid antibotic for 2 weeks (2x a day) then we will go back for a follow-up.
Probably got the infection from stress of having Stephen come into the house.
I'm to watch her closely with litterbox (or close as I can). He didnt feel any obstructions (constipation) and her bladder was pretty small.
So she probably is peeing and pooping just not letting me know this fact.

Thanks for all the prayers :)

Freedom
05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh Thumper, I know ALL about little bro's named Stephen; I have one too! Try not to let him get to you, though they DO know how to bother big sisters real well.

catlover4ever
05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Poor Thumper.....I will continue to send good thoughts and prayers hers and your way. She is so precious. :)

Vela
05-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Glad is was nothing very serious, I hope she continues to improve with her other issues.

catmandu
05-16-2007, 07:44 PM
And the Found Cats are sending All Thier Prayers and Love for Dear Thumper that the White Coats can help her through this health crisis!

Craftlady
05-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Another dose of medicine 3:30 a.m. Yep, I woke up and it was almost 12 hrs from last dose. I can actually focus my eyeballs (without coffee in me LOL) to get the medicine down the hatch as they say ;)
Thumper is munching on her breakfast as I type this update :)
Hopefully, I will catch her using the litter box today.

kuhio98
05-17-2007, 03:09 AM
We're all so glad to hear that Thumper is on the mend. Many kisses for your brave girl.

kimlovescats
05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry you had this scare with Thumper, but glad to hear it wasn't too serious!

Kim

Craftlady
05-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm having trouble getting her to eat.
I think it's the antibotic maybe clouding her taste buds.
She has nibbled little bit today but appetite isnt what it has been lately.

Also, Stephen has been taking upon himself last few days to harrass her while she is trying to eat. :o
He after all is a kitten (8 months) and wants everyone to love him. Thumper doesnt LOVE him. I've tried feeding behind close doors which works for all but 5 minutes. Our old house has old doors that dont shut securely so he comes bounding in within minutes. The next place is to put him in the bathroom, that door shuts good. IF I can catch him. Another story inself.

I'm using the rescue remedy with limited success.

I'm frustrated with the tumor. Our vet's comment when he first saw her Wednesday "Oh It's gotten bigger" I didnt need to hear those thoughts. He hasnt seen her since Feb and noticed that observation right off the bat when entering the exam room.

That's the situation as it stands tonight.
Joys of muliple household cats.
I'm off to bed, Mom is tired :)

Tomorrow will be a better day for us.

Please keep Thumper in your prayers.

kitimom
05-18-2007, 11:05 PM
We are always keeping Thumper in our prayers here!! She is a very specail girl indeed!!

Taz_Zoee
05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Thumper is and always will be in my thoughts. :)

Catty1
05-18-2007, 11:48 PM
OK....PY PRAYERS BIG TIME FOR THUMPER! These prayers work miracles!

I know lots of people are praying for Thumper, and I am too - but I am really going to put more into Thumper getting well!

Craftlady - how awful for you, for the vet to say that!

Just means there is something else to do, some other miracle for our girl.

I wonder...if Nancy could do a reading, there might be some insight. That just hit me quickly as a hunch...I don't know why.

HUGS and PRAYERS!

jenluckenbach
05-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Thumper, PLEASE eat!

Craftlady
05-19-2007, 05:33 AM
She ate more this morning than a few quick nibbles.
I held off giving her the antibotic until after she ate which seemed to work good :)
She peed a good biscut for mom this a.m. :)

Thumper just came up to me and did the "I want food" routine :)
She is munching as I type this update at 8:24 a.m. :) :)

Also, the several doses of remedy last night plus what I mixed with wet food this morning has settled mr "Speedy" Stephen down. :)

rosethecopycat
05-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Prayers for Thumper, and her mama.