PDA

View Full Version : Acckkkkk....Cats and Bugs!!

critter crazy
05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Loki is driving me nuts!! The weather is finally nice out, so Of course all the bugs are back. Loki is Obsessed, and keeps trying to get out side to Catch them! He sits in front of my windows and glass doors, and the moment a door is opened, bam he is off running!!! he has been easy to catch, as he just immediately starts chassing bugs, but I am so scared he is gonna not be caught in time one time!

since the problem is Primarily at night, when most the bugs are out, and circling the lights, i have been keeping all the outside lights off, and that has helped some.

But what else can I do??

Freedom
05-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Make sure he has a collar and ID tag on, for one. My cats wear collars from mid April to mid October (depending on the weather).

Use a water squirt bottle and train him that the 6 feet near the door are wet. Or was he one who throught getting wet was fun? I can't remember.

I suppose you could always let a few bugs IN to keep him amused. :D

critter crazy
05-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Make sure he has a collar and ID tag on, for one. My cats wear collars from mid April to mid October (depending on the weather).

Use a water squirt bottle and train him that the 6 feet near the door are wet. Or was he one who throught getting wet was fun? I can't remember.

I suppose you could always let a few bugs IN to keep him amused. :D
He has his Id tags and collar(when he keeps it on:rolleyes: )

Loki is the one who likes water, but will give it a try anyways.

I told hubby I was gonna just let some bugs in, but he just gave me "the" Look!:D

emily_the_spoiled
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually my suggestion was going to be to let some bugs in :D

My cats go "cricket hunting" every fall. They have fun and I have no live bugs in my house :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fuzzybuns
05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Churchy and Dixie chase everything that even resembles a bug while Toby sits and chirps at it. They're going up and over furniture, climbing to the top of my high cabinets and doing acrobats until they're panting while he tries to convince the bug why it should drop at his feet. :rolleyes:
Their favorites are big flappy moths and skeeter eaters, however, nobody likes the big stick-to-you junebugs :D

The real fun is when we start seeing the lizards clinging to our windows in the Spring. Churchy's a reformed outside kitty and he used to bring me his prize catches...seeing a lizard brings out his inner "tiger" and he climbs up and in the blinds to get to them. :D

lvpets2002
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
:p Yup there ya go let some bugs in.. Hey what happened to Loki being happy in the Turtle tank.. Oh I guess thats ole news & boring now.. ;) Darn & when I needed a picture fix.. :D
He has his Id tags and collar(when he keeps it on:rolleyes: )

Loki is the one who likes water, but will give it a try anyways.

I told hubby I was gonna just let some bugs in, but he just gave me "the" Look!:D

catmandu
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I had that problem with the Found Cats and thats why I enclosed the front porch as JJJ3 was always getting out and scaring me.
Now that he knows he cant get out he no longer goes near the front door.
CATS!
We are praying that Loki wont ever get too far away.