PDA

View Full Version : What is going on latley?

buttercup132
05-15-2007, 09:17 PM
PT is so sad latley. There are so many sick PT dogs and cats and it seems alot just aren't pulling through.
Even the people on PT seem to be having a few problems and it seems family members are passing alot too.
I don't know if I'm the only one noticing this?
I hope everything gets better.
It just seems like everyday there is a new thread for another sick or deceased animal or person.

moosmom
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Buttercup123,

It's called LIFE. And life is what happens when you're busy making plans. Everyday can't be a tea party, unfortunately.

PT is a wonderful support system. Many people from all walks of life sharing their life's experiences. It's not all nice and sugar coated. I only WISH it was that easy.

Kalei
05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I agree with you, and my Bobo is one of them, I hope he keeps only getting better! And every other sick animal on PT as well. Maybe we should all pray very hard that all the sick pt animals and family members will get better soon.

cmayer31
05-16-2007, 12:38 AM
I've noticed a recent increase of not so good happenings on PT as well. I was glad to see this thread:Dog, Cat, Pet Health (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=127193)

I hope this has just been a small run of sad news and that things even back out to more good and less bad.

Miss Z
05-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I was thinking about this too this morning. It seems the PT pets are going through a rough patch at the moment. We can only hope that soon all our pets are back to full health.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 03:55 AM
In a close knit community such as this I am afraid these things happen. At least we can count on each other for support and hugs

Freedom
05-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I was really feeling down about it all last evening, too. We do seem to be in a bad spin cycle just now. Like you, I follow both the dog and the cat side. Sigh. I actually decided last night not to check PT at all today, just take a break for the one day. So what's the first thing I did after breakfast? You see where I am, here on PT.

It's not just you or just your imagination, I think many of us are all noticing it. Can't last much longer, though!

Husky_mom
05-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I was just about to do a thread of the same topic yesterday, but I thought with this phase going on it would be sad and mayba seen as poking newly wounds...... Iīm sorry what many ae going through and yes, sometimes life sucks....... and we would love to not be involved in such happenings, but as said we are here for each other when need be......

I know it seems like too much, because we are a tight community, but have anyone thought about other people we donīt know, other pets we donīt know....... they may also be in the countdown...... and thatīs the sad part of life...... but the upside of it is we have PT to hold on, to cry off, and to give to.........

I wouldnīt want to be in that situation pet or human loss/sickness (and iīm aware no one want to either)...... but I know I have tons of shoulders to lean on here....... thanks

Lori Jordan
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
It is Heartbreaking,I adore all members animals.It hurts me when i hear of them passing,I myself have been through alot.

My dear Anna had a tumor that ruptured,She has had her sergery and are just waitint to hear back if it is Cancer or not.I realize she is 13 i dont have 20 years left with her,I wish i did.But i will make her comfortable for the remainder of her life.

I wish we did not have to go through loosing them,I have a harder time loosing my animals then i do family members,I know that may sound horrible,But my animals are like my children it kills me when they have to go to a better place.

Thank god we have eachother to console too.

Argranade
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Life is so weird to me,

I try to think of dying as a good thing, more room for other things to be born and a new life to start.

I have been staying off PT more latley.

Anyway it's summer .. everyone should be happy lol.

Karen
05-16-2007, 12:13 PM
For happy news, go check out the "This may be Baby's last week" thread ...

Kfamr
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I think I'm going to lock my dogs in a closet or something!

It's so unfortunate that so many things are happening in the same time period. It's heartbreaking because you grow to know and love eachother and eachother's pets on here, so it hits close to home when something happens.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-17-2007, 04:44 AM
I think I'm going to lock my dogs in a closet or something!.

I know what you mean :)

In spite of all the sadness a few good things have come out of it too - look how closely we all pull together, look how willing everyone is to offer support and help in whatever way they can and I don't think anyone hasn't gone home and given their furkids extra hugs and kisses this week - I know I have.

I'm proud to be part of the PT family and know that there will always be someone to turn to in good times and bad

buttercup132
05-17-2007, 12:44 PM
In spite of all the sadness a few good things have come out of it too - look how closely we all pull together, look how willing everyone is to offer support and help in whatever way they can and I don't think anyone hasn't gone home and given their furkids extra hugs and kisses this week - I know I have.

That's true. It's so nice to see how willing everyone is to help.
We are so lucky to have PT.

king2005
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Life sucks & it sucks real BAD...

I've been in hell for the past few years... I've been through the horrid murder of my 10yr old dog that image/smell/touch wont get out of my head, I dissowned my mother, spousal abuse, the bad anxiety that formed from the abuse & murder, saw my life flash before me as I looked down the barrel of a pistol & into the eyes of the one I thought loved me, abandonment, starvation, loneliness, unknowing where I'm going to live, failure, hated, & now I'm going through bankruptcy.

BUT I'm still looking for hope. Even the tiniest bit of hope keeps me alive.

My current realistic bit of hope is that the calls from collectors are going to end next week & I get to keep my car. My curent unrealistic bit of hope is that Joe will ask me out.

Hope = Life

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Life sucks & it sucks real BAD...

I've been in hell for the past few years... I've been through the horrid murder of my 10yr old dog that image/smell/touch wont get out of my head, I dissowned my mother, spousal abuse, the bad anxiety that formed from the abuse & murder, saw my life flash before me as I looked down the barrel of a pistol & into the eyes of the one I thought loved me, abandonment, starvation, loneliness, unknowing where I'm going to live, failure, hated, & now I'm going through bankruptcy.

BUT I'm still looking for hope. Even the tiniest bit of hope keeps me alive.

My current realistic bit of hope is that the calls from collectors are going to end next week & I get to keep my car. My curent unrealistic bit of hope is that Joe will ask me out.

Hope = Life

Sending prayers that you come throught this awful time