PDA

View Full Version : coloring question

caffeitina
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
I've been wondering... I've heard that male cats typically have only one or two colors in their fur. But that doesn't explain my Howard. He's definitely a male cat (The vet confirmed that fact), but he's got black and a orangeish/brownish tabby stripe to his fur...a white belly, nose, and feet...and brown splotches on his nose and between the striping and white on his belly and light brown "eyeliner". Then he's got a thick black stripe running from the top of his head to the tip of his tail. Definitely a strange mix of spots.

So my question is..does the two or less color rule hold for just certain breeds? Or is my How-cat just unusual?

Thank you :)

catnapper
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Your cat is perfectly normal. The color rule is more like you don't see many male cats that are calicos or tortoishells. So basically, you don't see male cats that are both orange and brown. Either orange OR brown. And definately males with white mixed in :) Does that answer your question?

catmandu
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
There Are Always Exceptions To Every Rule And It Sounds As Though Your Cat Is A Very Handsome Male Cat With Unique Colorings.
We Would Love To See A Photo.

caffeitina
05-15-2007, 09:18 PM
catmandu. Here are some photos of Howard that I think really show his coloring. A couple have his little sis/best buddy Luna in, but that's only because the two usually follow each other around. Hope you like :)

Catlady711
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
He looks like a tabby and white to me