PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick and mad and crying!

Catty1
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Felt like I have had the start of tummy flu since Sunday.

Having my big surgery on Tuesday, the first one I have ever had.

I had a day off for my pre-op last week...my boss has been very kind, but thinks it is good to keep me busy and wants me in for ONE AND A HALF DAYS THIS WEEKEND!

Keeping me busy worked for a while...but not now. I want a chai latte. I want to relax and see a friend or two.

And I am worried about everything. The poor doggies here, Baby and Lady and Emerson...and Cosmo, and that stupid airhead who owns Shy Guy and hasn't called more than one vet! I worry about Bri's babies! I worry about the magazine I work at as we are struggling with a couple of designers in the short term since our old one got a great offer from another company. I worry about the ads. (As my boss said, "I'M not panicking...it's ok.)

And I think it sucks to ask me to come in on the weekend. A morning? Maybe. But not 1 1/2 days on a long weekend!

I am sleepy and just want to rest. Is this pre-op stress? IT WON'T HELP TO HAVE ME WORK ON THE WEEKEND!!!!

I an venting and ranting and sorry for everyone who has lost so much here lately...now my batteries need to be recharged...I can't do it any more....

Vent vent vent...I am mad!.... :(

Everything got to me and I just

sandragonfly
05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
((((sorry this is your worst moment))))

is there any way you can explain your boss that you're not feeling really good? and coming surgery too...

maybe looking at my dance pictures, entertain for now? :)

Catty1
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Gina - I looked a couple of times - I LOVE your dance pictures! :)

And as a burned-out artist myself, I feel nice and warm when I read about your love for your dance. Not what you do - it's what you are. Know what I mean?

hugs, and thank you.

Alysser
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
{{{Catty}}}

I am sorry you're having a bad week, but know that you're a very caring person to worry so much about our Pets and lives. {{hugs}}

will this cheer you up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Awesomepictures1.jpg
:D

Karen
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Sending you hugs. Big, bracing, Peterson-type hugs (ask any Pet Talker who has met me what that means, I am a Watts by name of course, but grew up a Peterson, and the hugs are unchanged.) We also come equipped with terrycloth shoulders - have a good cry, okay?

Now, okay, cried out?

Remember, dear heart, that worrying doesn't do much good. Assign each of your worries to either Oscar or Cole, and let them take care of that part.

The bad part about a large community is the more people you know, the more heartaches you find out about. But that's balanced by the good part - because you also get to share in a lot of joys as well.

Catty1
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Karen - you are right...but also, Moosmom phoned me! She had the same type of surgery I am facing, and apparently it is normal, totally NORMAL to 'hit the wall' a few days before.

I AM so grateful to have my mom, and friends here, and the support on Pet Talk.

THANK you!
(and that pic of Sassy was cute!)

Queen of Poop
05-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Completely normal you are dear! I felt the same way last April before my breast lump surgery. You'll be ok, believe in that. Positive thoughts will help you get thru it and heal faster. I've asked all my RB babies to keep a close eye on you, so you're in good company. Take care.

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm having surgery next Monday and I am also working this weekend :( It feels like you have a million things to do and there's not enough time. I almost asked for the days off but I felt guilty doing it.

I had a hysterectomy too, eleven years ago. The way you feel afterward is all worth it. Please join me in trying to concentrate on the fact that we'll be relaxing for 6 weeks after our surgeries and all the world will be calm :) Does that sound like a plan? :)

Best wishes that everything goes well. I'm glad to hear you had your pre-op already. They've scheduled mine for Friday. Could we be anymore "last minute"? :confused:

Catty1
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
LOL D&D!

Imagine the following in proper Word Memo Format - if I still have the headspace to take it into the OR with me, I know I am doing ok:

Catty1, Patient (usually)
Memo
To: All OR Staff
CC: My Evil Twin
Date: May 22, 2007
Re: Games Protocol during Procedure
Although Dr. W. M______ has described the object to be removed as “the size of a football”, the item itself is not to be mistaken for any type of sports equipment.
Please be advised no sports activities are permitted in the theatre until surgery is successfully and fully completed.
NOTE: Punting of any kind will NOT be tolerated.
Thank you in advance for your attention and cooperation.
Regards,

Caatty1
Unconscious

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I love it!! Hilarious!! :D :D :D

K9karen
05-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I feel like the "Surgery Queen"..an unfortunate title of course...but I've always kept myself overloaded preoccupied beforehand.It's totally natural to feel anxious and nervous. I usually break out into a wonderful, refreshing cry, then I'm pretty relaxed. I'm sure you'll be AOK. Admittingly, I make sure I MILK the attention from the guys in my house because I deserve it. You do too! Just think of it as a home vacation surrounded by your loving furry kids. Don't do what I did.(oops) no lifting, bending etc! I used a HUGE cow bell just to piss everyone off!!! Big hugs and wishes for a speedy, painless recovery!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Hope things are better now. I have a great CD I listen to when I need a pick me up..............its yours :D

Catty1
05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Moosmom...wish there was a blushing icon here.... :)