PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's a virus!

Medusa
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Dr. Lee called w/the test results this morning and said "I thought sure it was allergies or an allergic reaction to the paint but it's a virus." Not the news I wanted, that's for sure. We had been giving all my cats an antibiotic just in case it was bacterial. But he said that since it's viral, no sense in giving them the antibiotic any more unless I'm concerned about a secondary infection which could become bacterial. I've kept Pidge on it because she's my oldest and she had the bloody nose. But the rest...may as well just wait it out. He said that's all I can really do. Hopefully, the other 3 cats won't get it. I asked him how in the world they could get a virus since they're all indoor cats and he said that even if I keep a window open, which I do, they can get it. They love sleeping in the enclosed patio. I open all the windows and they snooze in the sun. Soooo...that's the scoop. The sneezing has calmed down quite a bit but they just don't have their usual energy, especially Coco Puff. I'm used to seeing him dart all over the house and he's been a slug. Oh well, I can use the peace. As long as I know they're going to be ok in a day or two, we're good w/it.

catmandu
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
That would be terrible if your Cats could not enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and thats making me think about the Found Cats being on the enclosed porch in the summer with Stray Cats who could be carrying FIP.
Thats a scary thought.
We pray that Your Clowder will be All Right.

Freedom
05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
In other words, they all got a kitty cold? Well, we know how WE feel with a cold. I pray that is what it is because in 4 days or so (give or take a day or 2) they will all be over it and back to their usual antics!

Medusa
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Boy, I can get so irritated at Coco Puff; he's my baddest cat, into everything. But when he just lies around and doesn't give me head bumpies in the morning when I'm offloading the dishwasher, I feel so bad. Of course, I don't like to see any of my cats sick but when the youngun feels bad, I just want to cuddle him and he's not that kind of cat. He likes to lie next to me but not in my lap. But when he's sick, no dice. And Yodie the yodeler hardly meows at all right now. My fur posse sure has had a lot to deal with lately; Creamsicle w/the hair follicle infection, Yodie w/the ear infection and now this. At least Puddy hasn't had an episode in quite some time. Her subQ treatments run about every 10 days or so now and that's only for my peace of mind. She doesn't seem to need them at all now. Well, they all seem to be feeling better. At least no more nosebleeds from Pidge. That was scary! But in a few days, they should be back to running this household. Right now I'm in charge and that's just abnormal! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear that they have a virus.:( I hope that they'll all feel better soon.