PDA

View Full Version : PT, Bobo Desperately needs your prayers!

Kalei
05-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I am so upset right now. I'm at work and I have kind of snuck on the computer so that I can tell you all what's going on. Since Bobo's been put on the Clavamox on Saturday, he's only gotten 10 times worse. Before he was on it, he at least peed more regularely and didn't go in and out of the litterbox so much, but since he's been on the pill, he's getting worse.

Today he's even trying to pee all over everything, just randomly stopping and trying to pee. I called the vet and explained Bobo's situation, and he says that as long as Bobo keeps eating and drinking and isn't vomiting, to give Bobo another couple of days on the pill to see if he gets better, if not he said Bobo might have to go on a steroid.:(

But my parents and I only have so much money and steroids are something that you have to keep giving a cat the rest of its life. My mother said that if it comes to that, we will have to talk about it and think about putting him down. I can't even stand the thought of having to put Bobo down. I dont' have many friends since I just work and go home, and I have had Bobo as my loyal companion that is always by my side since I was 4. He's one of the only things in my life that I cherish and would do anything for.

I just really need your prayers for Bobo, that the pill will start helping him. I can barely keep back my tears at work right now.

Please and Thank you PT.

emily_the_spoiled
05-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Your vet may only want to put him on steriods to get things under control, so there may be no need for Bobo to be on them for the rest of his life. But they aren't that expensive (compared to alot of medicine) and they are even less expensive using someplace like www.petmeds.com.

I hope Bobo is feeling better soon.

Husky15
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
:( I feel your pain, Kalei. Since two-something today I have been keeping track of him, and his visits to the litter are only minutes apart, not to mention he is trying to use the bathroom on clothing, blankets, and random spots. It is starting to worry me and I really hope that Bobo will get better soon.

At the moment he is laying atop my monitor. He looks so peaceful.

I will be praying for him.

doolittleky
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
How is BOBO? Have you considered that Bobo might be having a reaction to the clavamox since he is getting worse? I know a couple of my cats are allergic to it and it makes them sick. Emily is right about the steroids. Please update us.
Melissa

Scooter's Mom
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Kalei, I will certainly say prayers for bobo. Please keep us updated, as well.

Kalei
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
How is BOBO? Have you considered that Bobo might be having a reaction to the clavamox since he is getting worse? I know a couple of my cats are allergic to it and it makes them sick. Emily is right about the steroids. Please update us.
Melissa

Thanks guys, it means so much! I don't think he's having any allergic reaction to the clavamox or he'd be vomiting, and he's not vomiting. I read up on it some more and it says that cranberry is a very good thing for the cats bladder, so I got home and I put some cranberry juice in a bowl, and Bobo being such a great cat, drank it for me:) And then I put some fresh, clean, cold water in a bowl and he drank some of that too.

I just want him to keep getting better. Keep praying for him. I'm going in a few minutes to get some moist food so that he can keep getting more and more water in his system.

And thanks for letting me know about the steroids, if they aren't that expensive then I can definatley afford them, my mother just said that they were probably more expensive than the meds, so its good that they are cheaper:)

emily_the_spoiled
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
After 48 to 72 hours on the antibiotics you should start to see some difference. If he is continues to get worse, then contact the vet again because the bacteria he has might be resistent to the Clavamox.

catmandu
05-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Bo Bo is distraught that her Special Friend Bobo is so ill.
Shes leading the prayers tonight that Bobo will be all right.
I know how you feel as my Bo Bo has had a few health scares too.
Lets pray that Bobo will pass his crisis as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture2030.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Bobo is still not doing well.:( I hope that the meds will kick in and he'll start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Kalei
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks so much you guys for your prayers! PT Prayers really, truely work. After work, I fed him lots of watery food, and lots of fresh water, and even some cranberry. And he is doing much better. He slept basically the whole night, and when he went to pee, pee came out! And there was no blood in it!:D

Last night I was so happy that he was laying in front of me peacefully. Thanks so much, I hope he keeps getting better!

kitimom
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
We here are sending Bobo lots of prayers to continue to get better!!!

caffeitina
05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope Bobo feels lots better soon. Sending warm and fuzzy get-well from me and my kitties.

Husky15
05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm glad Bobo is doing better now. I was happy to wake up with him in my arms this morning, keeping me nice and warm.

At the moment he is running around with CC. :)

Logan
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
I hope that Bobo is going to continue to feel better. You might send a PM to SASVermont because there is some kind of cranberry treat you can give to the cats that helps and I think Sallyanne is the one who mentioned it before. I just can't remember the name. You're lucky that Bobo would even consider drinking cranberry juice (I assume it was unsweetened).

If you have to resort to steroids, it will be much less expensive than Clavamox or other meds. We've had to resort to them for bad ear infections with our dogs before and it was not expensive at all. And my dogs are big, so what you would be giving BoBo would be much less, I'm sure.

Keep us posted.

Grace
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Is BoBo still doing well? Hoping that things have settled down for you by now.

Catty1
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Re: Cranberry - my vet said 50mg a day was good, for about a month.

I got the capsules with powder in it, and mixed 50g worth into plain non-fat yogurt. Oscar LOVES yogurt, so the tartness just added to his happiness!

Maybe that would work for Bobo.

Glad he is better! And quieter??? :)

Hellow
05-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Little Reggie sends BoBo lots of prayers, Little Bit just squeaks and runs away.

Zippy
05-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I am so glad Bobo is feeling better.I will keep beauitful Bobo in my prayers.

rosethecopycat
05-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm glad that Bobo is able to pee.
After 72 hrs of an antibiotic, if there is no positive change it should be changed to another.
The steroid is another good option. My boy has been on them for close to 3 years. They are not expensive $10-20 bottle.

Sending Meezer songs to Bobo from our Meezer clan.

sandragonfly
05-19-2007, 09:25 PM
kalei & bobo!

me too, just read this and hoping he has been doing better! and how is he now?

either way, tag me along for more prayers too! for speedy mending. {{stritches}} for bobo.

momcat
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
...and prayers are being prayed not only for Bobo's swift and complete recovery but for you as well. When our kitties are sick they can't tell us what's wrong or where it hurts. Our love for them has to add a lot of extra patience to bring them back from whatever might be wrong. With a Meowmie who loves him and cares for him as much as you do, he's getting the very best of everything he needs to be strong and healthy once again. Could I ask you to give Bobo plenty of get well scritchies, huggies, and smoochies from his Trenton fan?
As you can, please let us know how both of you are doing? I'm sure you already know that you can count on your PT friends for whatever you need...
all the time!!!!!