PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into again

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 11:21 PM
It's midnight and my husband just got home. His car was broken into for the fourth time. He works in downtown Cleveland a dirty, filty, depressing city. Can't wait to move. We are so tired of this. His rear and side window are smashed in. $500.00 of eqipment was taken this time. He knows better then to keep any personal papers in the car. His employer is too darn cheap to actually do anything. Cars are broken into all the time in that parking lot. It's a good thing I wasn't there because I would have shot the SOB had I seen him. About 6 months ago one of the techs actually caught someone breaking into one of the cars and tackled him, he held him down for about 10 minutes but no one came to help, no one heard him and the guy finally broke free. This is so bad. We have lost control to the creeps and it's time to fire back.

Daisy and Delilah
05-15-2007, 07:11 AM
You have my sympathy. I would freak out if my car was broken into once, much less, four times! I hope they get those scumbag thieves under control soon. :(

catnapper
05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh man. I would be so tempted to buy the cheapest, ugliest looking car just so I wouldn't care if something ever happened to it. Remember the Saturday Night Live skit where they were showing a real clunker telling everyone what a great anti-theft unit it had on it? LOL.... I still giggle over that skit.

boris91
05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
i know how you feel we had ours broke into twice! i was upset then! let alone having it broken into 4 times!

AbbyMom
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you.

When I lived in the Detroit area, we would often leave the car doors unlocked just so the windows wouldn't get broken. We never left anything in the car of value.

At least your hubby's safe.

king2005
05-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Thats really sucks :(

Thats why I never play my amp & woofer in the area I'm parking or in my neighbourhood... My car looks like a granny car otherwise & how many grannies are gonna have an amp & woofer in their trunk? lol

cassiesmom
05-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, Marigold2, I am so sorry. Hang in there.

jackmilliesmom
05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Hope your move comes soon and that luck comes with it. I do feel that his boss should stump up some of the costs of replacing stolen items.