PDA

View Full Version : My baby is leaving.

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Ok it's offical. My daughter and her boyfriend were approved today for their new apartment. They were going to move to one that I didn't like, it was sort of rundown and getto. We found one a couple of miles away. This one is so cute, it has two bedrooms, two baths and a fireplace with a mantal all for $710.00. And it's in a great area. I am so happy for them. We will miss our baby like crazy but her boyfriend is a nice man, intelligent, kind, hardworking, has a college degree, no tattoos or piercings and best of all he really loves her and is supportive and brings her joy. Can't ask for more. They both have great jobs, they actually work for the same company and have a great future and since her boyfriend has a Bachlors Degree in business he will become a manager soon. I am so happy for them. I will be so lonely without her and her pets. I am taking up a hobby to fill my days. I already garden. I was thinking of maybe taking some college courses to fill the empty space or maybe take up a hobby like soap or candle making. Has anyone taken a college course they really enjoyed?

buttercup132
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
They bought the apartment for 710?:eek: That seems like a good price and it sounds really nice. goodluck to them

no tattoos or piercings
:confused: Would it make him bad if he did?

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh Alicia it's $710.00 a month. Utilities are extra but won't be much in an apartment.
No it wouldn't make him bad to have a tattoo but he might not get promoted as quick some companies do care about that. Weather it's right or wrong I won't debate, it's just a fact. He is a great young man and he loves her. I am sure if he had a tattoo he would not love her less.

buttercup132
05-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh lol I was going to say that is really cheap.

That's good he sounds really nice. It must be nice to work together too especially if they were to work late they could still see each other.

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh they are so cute, so in love and having a blast. I bought her the cutest lime green marble dishes at Target. I have to stop myself from buying everything at Target and Macy's for her. I just want to buy her everything. I see something and want to get it and then I stand there and mentally yell at myself,
NO NO NO MONICA DON'T BUY IT. People at Macy's must think I am insane standing there staring at the pots, pans, towels, glassware, mixers, toasters, sheets, rugs, towels. Oh good God, they are having a sale, NO NO NO no more buying for her...................................

RedHedd
05-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Only $710 for a two bedroom! :eek: What a great deal. They sound like a responsible couple. Congrats to them!

Sirrahsim
05-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Only $710 for a two bedroom! :eek: What a great deal.

I was going to say :eek: :eek: $710 for a two bedroom, do they live in Beverly Hills?? :eek: But then I live in North Texas where $600 is about right for a 3 bedroom...
Congratulations to them :) :)

jackmilliesmom
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Oh they are so cute, so in love and having a blast. I bought her the cutest lime green marble dishes at Target. I have to stop myself from buying everything at Target and Macy's for her. I just want to buy her everything. I see something and want to get it and then I stand there and mentally yell at myself,
NO NO NO MONICA DON'T BUY IT. People at Macy's must think I am insane standing there staring at the pots, pans, towels, glassware, mixers, toasters, sheets, rugs, towels. Oh good God, they are having a sale, NO NO NO no more buying for her...................................

Ok don't buy for her but you could buy for me!!!!!!!! LOL I hope they are very happy together and wish them all the best. I hope that they love their new apartment and that they will visit often which I am sure they will and maybe you might not need to take a hobby up you could wind up pet sitting - its a good job and my parents-in-law love doing it for us when we go away or if we just want a day's shopping which is a rareity. They take care of Jack and Millie like no-one else would and they love doing it too.

catnapper
05-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Congrats to your daughter. Sounds like a wonderful time in her life. That price sounds like a good deal around here. Funny how prices for apartments vary considerably where someone lives! We were watching House Hunters last night and someone bought this HUGE house for just under $300,000 and we were like "um here that would be a million dollar home!"

jackie
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Its always exciting moving into a new place!

All the best to your daughter and her boyfriend.

RedHedd
05-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I was going to say :eek: :eek: $710 for a two bedroom, do they live in Beverly Hills?? :eek: But then I live in North Texas where $600 is about right for a 3 bedroom...
You can barely rent a parking space for that much in San Francisco. $710 might get you a teeny studio in the Tenderloin (not a good neighborhood).

popcornbird
05-15-2007, 04:03 PM

LOL!!! I don't know WHAT the rent would be in Beverly Hills, but around here, we pay $1460 for a ONE bedroom..and trust me. Its nothing compared to what Beverly Hills must be. California is a gorgeous, beautiful state, but unfortunately, it is WAY expensive. There's hardly a chance you can get a decent 3 bedroom house here for less than $2300, probably even more.

Marigold, you sound like my mom. I got married and moved out last July. Till today, my mom CAN'T come to my house without something for us. She just can't!!! She brings things for me, my husband, the house. I wonder what she'll do when we have a baby someday. :D Moms are wonderful.