PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer needs prayers again

catnapper
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I am very worried about my little boy again. He peed on the kitchen floor yesterday. He was acting completely normal and eating VERY well (in other words, he was a little piggy :rolleyes: ) so I thought maybe he's starting with a UTI. I promised myself I'd call the vet first thing this morning, which I did. They didn't seem concerned over one peeing incident so we all agreed tomorrow morning was a good time to bring him in and check him out as a precaution. Better safe than sorry.

I just came home from work and Cameron was in the room. He reached up on the bed and grabbed Pouncer HARD and he didn't flinch or move a hair. Hubby looked at me and said that Pouncer's been languid all night and I could tell immediately that he's not feeling well at all. I'm a bit relieved to see him eat, so at least I know he's not blocked.... but if I keep waiting he WILL become blocked.

How did he get sick again so fast? Its only been a month since his last emergency. He did all his special food. He's still eating prescription diet. Poor dude REALLY needs the PU surgery. Perhaps I'll be taking him in tomorrow and leaving him for surgery.

Please, prayers worked so well last time. I really thought I'd lost my boy. I know he's not at death's door this time but I still worry. Thank goodness I saw the pee yesterday or I wouldn't have noticed the start of him getting sick again.

rg_girlca
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh Pouncer sweetie, not again. :( Poor you and poor meowmie.

Big time prayers on the way for Pouncer and big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you Kim.

This definitely looks like he is going to need the surgery with the amount of times he's had an UTI.

jennielynn1970
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh geez!! Poor Pouncer! I hope it's nothing serious. If you need help with anything (and I mean ANYTHING), please let me know, ok?? Prayers for you and Pouncer :( :(

Catty1
05-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh dear...well, the vet was going to wait til he was better for the surgery...I guess that is now. Poor Pouncer!

Scooter's Mom
05-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Sending prayers for Pouncer from me and my guys...
Hope he feels better soon!

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Sometimes cats still need the PU surgery because the prescription diet alone isn't enough to keep them healthy. Hopefully he won't need surgery. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

kitimom
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Sending prayers for Pouncer!!!

IttyBittyKitty
05-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Get well soon Pouncer!!! Hugs and kisses being sent to you!

jenluckenbach
05-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Prayers for Pouncer.

catnapper
05-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the prayers everyone. He's looking much better this morning. Even woke me up to tell me that it was a full two hours since he was fed last :rolleyes:

Right now he's sitting in the window ack-ack-acking at the squirrels and trying to convince me he should go outside and ack-ack at them in person.

We'll leave for the vet in about 15 minutes, so I'll let you know how everything goes when I return.

momcat
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Oh poor Pouncer! I'm so sorry to hear sweet Pouncer isn't feeling well again. Many prayers and positive thoughts coming your way!

Anikaca77
05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Prays for Pouncer. Please keep us updated. :)

catnapper
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm back, but Pouncer is still there since he refused to give up a urine sample. They will keep him for the afternoon to try and get something from him.

The vet was acting as if she was confused as to why I was bringing in this perfectly healthy cat..... it seemed last time I got reprimanded for waiting. Now I bring him in on hte onset of an illness and I get odd looks for bringing him in too early. Is there a proper time frame to bring him in? If so, I apparently missed the window! :rolleyes:

I told hubby how the vet was acting and he said, "We know when he's sick!" Yes, we do know! We've got plenty of experience with him being sick. Poor dude will be 4 years old this month and he's been sick most of those 4 years..... man, someone should have insisted I get pet insurance for him! LOL'

Anyway, I'm glad the vet didn't seem concerned. It means we caught it very early and can fix it with some meds and maybe different food. I'll see what the urinalysis says.

PS: I spoke to the vet about getting him to drink more water. I have several water fountains set up and he prefers to drink out of the bettta's bowl. So now I'm thinking of getting a few more bettas and setting them up throughout the house just so he has plenty of water options! :D :p

doolittleky
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
How is Pouncer doing?
melissa

moosmom
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Kim,

I just saw this and I am so sorry. I hope Pouncer gets better!

catnapper
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
We're back from the vet's. He was NOT a happy camper. But he is a good boy who only needs antibiotics to clear up a UTI. Does meowmie know her boy or what? Good thing we caught this early :)

We came home and I released him into the kitchen. He promptly ran out the back door that Ashley had open just a crack so there were were, chasing him down in the yard. Ashley caught him and he tried to bite her. My boy is most definately not a happy camper. I hope he forgives me soon for taking him to the white coats ;)

jenluckenbach
05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
LOL. Pouncer doesn't want anything to do with those antibiotics! He wants to "run away from home". Silly boy.

Medusa
05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
My vet believes it "it's better to be safe than sorry" and so do I. You did the right thing. Prayers going out for the little guy.

catmandu
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Pouncer and Mr Scrappy Angels are going to visit Pouncer tonight nad explain to Pouncers littlr protege that his Meowmie wants to stop his ouchies and its not punishment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_pouncer.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=1179239963.pbw)
I hope that my Number One and Two Cats can get the message through.

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Kim, I'm so glad that you brought Pouncer to the vet quickly and it was just a UTI. Hopefully he'll take his meds like a good boy and will recover quickly.

momcat
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Kim, How is Pouncer doing these days? Hoping he's back on his game and feeling 100% better. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

rg_girlca
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Meowmie knows best, that's for sure. I'm glad that you were able to catch this in time. :)