PDA

View Full Version : Charlie needs some good PT thoughts & prayers/ update #12

Scooter's Mom
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I noticed Charlie limping a couple days ago, but since he's somewhat fractious to begin with, I haven't been able to catch him and look at his foot he's favoring... since I've got 6 cuts on my abdomen from my surgery Friday.

Well, I just caught him on the back of the sofa and held him down so hubby could look at the foot. It looked like it was bleeding. Hubby says there is pus coming from it. Called our vet, and even though they were closed they answered the phone... they say he could get deathy ill if there is pus coming from it.

We're taking him to the vet as soon as they open in the morning. Please, pray that my sweet boy will be okay. He loves me so much, and I feel like I've let him down by not catching this sooner. I love him so much, and he's had nothing but problems since he came to live with us from the shelter. Sometimes I wonder if he'd have been better off there for someone else to adopt. :(

I'm so sad at the thought that he could be so sick... please say a prayer for my Mr. Meowy kitty.

Thanks,

Kalei
05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh poor Charlie:( I hope its nothing too serious. I'm glad you are able to get into the vet very fast. I will definately keep Charlie in my prayers, I hope Charlie comes out of the vet very healthy and healing.

And don't beat yourself up for taking him from the shelter. It sounds to me that Charlie loves his home very much and you love him back so much. I bet your love is the best gift he's ever had and the best thing he's ever felt in life:)

Scooter's Mom
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Kalei, thank you.

I'm sitting here bawling. Things have been so rough, I am totally broke and won't get paid for the next two weeks that I'm home (no vacation time left). I hope my vet will work something out with me.

I just can't lose my kitty.

jenluckenbach
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Many prayers for Charlie. I am sure he will be fine after some antibiotics, maybe?

rg_girlca
05-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Big time prayers going out to your precious Charlie that it isn't anything serious and can be easily fixed with antibiotics.

Please don't ever regret about adopting him from the shelter. He waited for the right person to come along and you were it.

AbbyMom
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Doesn't your love for him prove that adopting him was the right thing to do? The love for the cat is the most important thing.

Here are prayers and warm thoughts on the way for Charlie.

Scooter's Mom
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I know adopting Charlie from the shelter was a great thing to do. I just feel so sad that his life thus far has been so darn hard for him. He's almost 4 and has had so much happen in that short time.

I do know that I love HIM and he loves ME - unconditionally. And that makes everything worthwhile.

I'm just worried... sick... broke... and recovering from surgery so everything makes me sad! lol

Catty1
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
You have used this vet for a while...I am sure he will work something out.

Or - barter a bit of volunteer work for him when you are feeling better!

Hugs to you and prayers for Charlie!

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie.:( I hope that it's nothing serious and can be easily treated. I'm sure that you can work out a payment plan with your vet so try not to worry about the finances just yet. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Charlie's way.

kitimom
05-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Sending prayers for Charlie. Hang in there buddy!!! Mom and Dad will get it took care of!!

Anikaca77
05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
I'll be praying for Charlie. Also, don't beat yourself up. Take care and keep us updated. I know what it's like to not have money and be stressed about cats. I hope your vet will let you do some type of payment plan or something.

Scooter's Mom
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
My hubby and Charlie just got home from their visit to the vet.

Charlie lost a toenail, which got infected... and had a "pus pocket" form. He's okay! They gave him a shot of antibiotics as well as 7 days of Clavamox (pill form since we decided he's easier to pill than to give liquid meds). He was very fiesty! He tried to bite our vet... and scratched and growled. LOL she said that was good, he wasn't lethargic.

Also, he's still 7 lbs. exactly. He's hovered at 7.0 - 7.2 since we got him. He feels really thin, but I guess that's just how much he's going to weigh.

Hubby had room on a charge card, so this emergency is taken care of for now. I hate that I've been ill and all of our "disposable income" has gone to cover my lost wages since I've been out sick.

Thank you SO much for all the good thoughts. I'm sure they worked.

doolittleky
05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Thank Goodness that Charlie will be ok. That is good news.
Melissa

jenluckenbach
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Now we can all breath. ** Heavy sigh **

Feel better soon, Charlie.

catmandu
05-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Thats the scariest thing that can happen to a Cat Lover and thats for your Friend to be injured or start sneezing or showing signs of an illness as you tend sometimes to think that the worst is going to happen.
Thank God Charlies back and will be all right.

jennielynn1970
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
So glad that it is something more minor... hope that it heals quickly and that Charlie will feel much soon!