PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Washington D.C.!!

Alysser
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
My sister is going to Spain this year with her school, and my parents said we couldn't afford to big vacations since it costs $2,400. Anyway, I was really pissed off because I wasn't going anywhere, but my parents surprised me by booking a 3-day trip to Washington. I know, it's not that big a deal or a very big vacation but we got a hotel for free for two nights. :D It's a really nice one too. I can't wait. We're going to all the memorials, zoo, ford's theater, the spy muesum, and more.

I have such cool parents, they said it was a reward for graduating 8th grade and a "stressful" school year. On and off with bad grades and such. :) I actually personally think this was the best year I've had in my Middle school but anyway, I just had to share, I am really excited.

We're going June 15th-June 17th I think. Best of all, I get to possibly miss school on a Friday. ;) :D

Pointless thread, I know and I have a month to go but lol yeah I was just happy.

Karen
05-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Have a wonderful time - there's SOOOO much to see! Even some of the halls inside the capital building are amazing with the marble and tile and just really cool architecture! Seeing as you'll just be there for a few days, you should definitely make a plan on what you want most to see. And have fun, too!

Roxyluvsme13
05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
W00t, I love D.C. and I'd love to go back someday. It's really an awesome city :D

moosmom
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Washington, DC is magical!!! The Smithsonian is a MUST to see! You are going to have a wonderful time!! Don't forget to take lots of pictures.

Alysser
05-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys!! As a amature photographer, I will be taking lots of pics. I was watching the Travel Channel the other night and it said that it's a VERY good place for photographers of all ages!! I can't wait!

Freedom
05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Pointless thread? No way! DC is full of things no matter WHAT your interests are. I lived there for 3 years (I was going to school) and I STILL missed some stuff.

Karen is SO right, do some checking and make a plan for what you want to see. Maybe look through some books at the library and check out one or two to take home and pour over. You can't see it all in 3 days but you sure can have fun!

It will be HOT in June down there; so prepare for that too.

It is a place where you do LOTS AND LOTS of walking, so take good foot wear.

Kalei
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey, there's no such thing as a pointless thread:D You are expressing your happiness and excitement, and we love to share it with you! I've never even been to the states, but I'd love to go someday, I bet going to D.C. would be such a great time. You should get pictures for a canadian like me who has never seen any of the states, I would love to see it:)

I bet you can't wait til June now, but first Pirates right?;) Then June lol.

Alysser
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I bet you can't wait til June now, but first Pirates right?;) Then June lol

OH, yes. One think at a time, hehe. POTC comes before every event in my book. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
One think at a time, hehe. POTC comes before every event in my book. ;)
Because POTC is the best movie ever. ;)

buttercup132
05-14-2007, 10:39 PM
How fun Alyssa. Hey you can meet up with Bre now lol.
Have a fun trip can't wait for pictures.

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Have A Great Time.