PDA

View Full Version : I have a new bed buddy!!

king2005
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
We moved into a basement appartment a few weeks ago. The place is larger then our townhouse & its all one level, so Bear can go everywhere in the house.

Since my bedroom door is in the kitchen & Bear sleeps in the kitchen, she started scratching & crying at my door at night. No matter how many times i said bed, she would keep coming back. SO I gave up & let her in for 1 night to see how see how she was..

OMG she was perfect!!! She HAS to sleep right beside me like a person, but she'll sleep on he belly, so her legs don't kick me. She also shares my pillow ;)

I'm sooooooooo happy, its been almost 6 yrs since I had a dog sleep with me... I missed it so very very much. Bear also lets me cuddle her :D

I'm the happiest person sleeping in the world :D

Kalei
05-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Aw that's so cute, I love it when my animals sleeps by me too. My cat has slept right under my arm with his cheek against mine ever since I was 4, and to this day he still does, I sometimes get a bad sleep without him cause I"m so use to him being there. I'm glad you can cuddle with your wonderful Bear:)

KYS
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Spoil Bear all you want.
Sounds like you both are benefiting from the sleeping arrangements. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
05-15-2007, 04:39 AM
My boys make wonderful "teddies" - you can't beat snuggling up to a lovely, sleepy dog :D

Does Bear sigh when she settles down?

king2005
05-15-2007, 07:40 AM
My boys make wonderful "teddies" - you can't beat snuggling up to a lovely, sleepy dog :D

Does Bear sigh when she settles down?

She snorts heheh
You know that deep Rottie snort, ya thats what I get in my ear hehe then I get her furry lips stuck to my face hehehe She has a odd was of giving me kisses... She press her furry lips to mine & wait for me to breath out & lick my nose... then I'll giggle & I'll get a bath hahaha :D

She made me mad last night so she wasn't allowed in my room. She picked up my memoriel dog & took him to her bed & slept on it when I went to the bathroom... She didn't chew it, but I wanted to make it quite clear that was to never happen again. My stuffies are MINE only & must remain on my bed for cuddling purposes only lol

Vela
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Um she has no idea that all stuffed animals aren't her toys, and you putting her out of the room will not help her understand that in any way, just so you understand. If you don't want her to take them it's best to put them up higher, she's a dog, she cannot differentiate between special "toys" and not special toys, they are just toys. She doesn't have any clue that is why you put her out. She probably just wanted something that smelled like you to cuddle with.

K9soul
05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
She made me mad last night so she wasn't allowed in my room. She picked up my memoriel dog & took him to her bed & slept on it when I went to the bathroom... She didn't chew it, but I wanted to make it quite clear that was to never happen again. My stuffies are MINE only & must remain on my bed for cuddling purposes only lol

Poor Bear :(. I am sure she made no connection why she was banished from your room or why you were so angry. Tommy constantly likes to pick up my slippers or things that smell like me if he finds them and cuddle with them. I just keep them picked up if I don't want him messing with it. Tonight after reading about all the tragic losses, I am feeling like life is too short to get upset over such a minor thing. I would have just taken it up and put it out of reach if it were something I didn't want her to have.

She looks like such a sweet girl.

king2005
05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I didn't get angry angry at her... I just took my teddy, told her NO & went into my room... Shes only been in my room twice, so its not like shes use to being in my room... I'm just not over my dogs murder & was upset that she touched it... Its not easy having a nother dog in the house, or even sleep with me... I need to ajust too... She also seemed to know that I was upset that she touched my stuffy... My old dog knew the difference between his toys & mine.. & I had over 100 stuffies on my bed then & he slept with me every night & his fav toys were stuffies.. he learned that the toys we give him our his... everything else is not his... Bears VERY smart, I know she'll learn fast