PDA

View Full Version : Now for the blood tests

davidpizzica
05-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Today starts the blood tests I have to take because I'm taking Coumadin for my irregular heartbeat. This week I have to be tested every day to find out how much of the medicine I have to take. After that, twice a week until November 12th! Coumadin is a blood thinner and because of that if I cut myself I'll bleed more and I have watch for signs of internal bleeding. Coumadim is fun stuff, isn't it?!

trayi52
05-14-2007, 07:28 AM
David, sounds like my husband, he is having to get bloodwork for Lanoxin levels, his was too high.

I know it is going to be miserable to you, you are going to feel like a pin cushion, poor baby! I will be praying for you.

Willie

Daisy and Delilah
05-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Good luck David. I hope you have good veins. Bloodwork can be quite a challenge with mine :( We'll be thinking of you. I have one more week beofre my surgery so I'll be celebrating all week. :) :D :)

beeniesmom
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
My MIL has the same issues.
She goes into A-Fib a lot and has to take coumadin too.
She's always having to have blood work done.
They once gave her too much and she started hemorraging in her eye.
Be careful and hope you get healthy and won't need the stuff.

davidpizzica
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
My MIL has the same issues.
She goes into A-Fib a lot and has to take coumadin too.
She's always having to have blood work done.
They once gave her too much and she started hemorraging in her eye.
Be careful and hope you get healthy and won't need the stuff.
Coumadin is a very serious drug. You have to be careful that you don't get cut as it will bleed more. I'm with you on that, I hope eventually I'll get better and can throw away my Coumadin!

Marigold2
05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
David I had the very same problem, however it turned out it wasn't with my heart but with my thyroid. I was on the Comaden for 18 months and shouldn't have been. All the while I was hyperthyroid. Has yours been checked?
Good luck to you, you will be in my prayers. Monica

davidpizzica
05-15-2007, 04:29 AM
David I had the very same problem, however it turned out it wasn't with my heart but with my thyroid. I was on the Comaden for 18 months and shouldn't have been. All the while I was hyperthyroid. Has yours been checked?
Good luck to you, you will be in my prayers. Monica
Monica, unfortunately mine is definitely heart related. It's been picked up on EKGs and other tests. Sometimes I can feel it beating that way. I believe my thyroid was checked, but it was ok.