PDA

View Full Version : Awful story - will make you very sad and very angry

Mad Mags Moo
05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Not sure whether this is the right place to post -maybe have to move it elsewhere Karen if you think its in wrong place. Just read this and make up your own mind - I was very upset and angry when i had finished reading this. GRRRRRR :mad: :(

www.mailonsunday.co.uk/rspca

Miss Z
05-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh my, that's awful. I have so many questions concerning the story that I would have thought would have been obvious to all those involved.

Firstly, perhaps it's a little odd that the neighbour didn't recognise the cat, although I suppose he was an indoors cat to begin with.

Secondly, I know that the RSPCA in these parts has a non-destruction policy unless the animal is dangerous or in extreme pain. Even an old animal that was believed to be a stray would have been taken to the shelter in the hope that some kind soul might rehome it. I just can't get my head round the inspector's excuse, it just seems far too petty. And bringing the body back in a clear plastic bag, well that's just disgusting. That's on par with slapping them in the face.

RIP Mork, and I hope the grief of his companion and family heals soon. :(

Alysser
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I just don't understand this sad story. How did the inspector NOT realize that the cat was healthy looking? What I really don't understand is why the inspector didn't take Mork back to the shelter in the first place. He didn't even get the poor cat evaluated by a vet, or check for a micro chip or anything for that matter. What inspector would actually take home a cat and just kill it??? :confused: Mork should have directly been taken back to the RSPCA.

Now, the RSPCA is going to loss alot of public funding and donations because of some poorly-trained inspector. This is so sad for everyone involved.

I am so sorry, Mork. RIP baby!

catmandu
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
That fellow is nothing more than a creep and a sadistic bully.
He was having a bad day so he took it out on Poor Mork who certainly at 19 years deserved a far more humane and dignified end.
This man should be fired at once.
And we feel sorry for that poor Sad Cat whos looking for her Life Long Companion.
Morks got his wings now and will see his Dear Friend and Family in Paradise.
One Fine Day.

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
This is horrible and that man should have lost his job!!! :mad:

moosmom
05-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Such a tragedy :( That jerk deserves to lose his job and never be allowed near another animal again.

RIP sweet, beautiful Mork.

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2007, 12:19 AM
This is horrible.:( The man should never be allowed to work with animals ever again.:mad: RIP sweet Mork.:(

momcat
05-14-2007, 07:50 AM
RIP, sweet Mork. Why is a jerk like that still on the job? Talk about indifference and complete insensitivity! In this case, an apology just doesn't do it. These poor owners lost a member of their family and all the RSCA says is "sorry about that"? While Mork can never be replaced, this inspector needs to be fired immediately then sanctioned to the max! Who is he to decide that Mork was old and sick? That's for a vet to determine. And under the circumstances how can any of us be sure that Mork was humanely put down?
The RSPCA is every bit as responsible as the jerk that killed him!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Felicia's Mom
05-14-2007, 08:36 AM
R.I.P. dear Mork.

Pawla
05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Do these people not have some protocal that they have to follow? Even the animal shelters keep animals for a set period of time before they euthanize them. I also agree that this man should lose his job. I had a 16 year old cat who to look at you would not have known his age. I think this guy is trying to cover his butt. :mad: :mad: :mad: