PDA

View Full Version : Help - Hermes Throwing Up

Anikaca77
05-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Hermes just turned 1 on Monday and today when I woke up there was a bunch of cat vomit on the floor and I have 5 cats so I had to figure out who was throwing up but as soon as Hermes ate he threw up.

He has thrown up now 4 times today and it's after he eats.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to take him to the vets tomorrow hopefully I can get in.

kb2yjx
05-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I would be very worried that Hermes has ingested something OR that he is obstructed!! All that vomiting can lead to dehydration, not a good thing!! TO THE VET!!!!! Please let us know how things turn out!!! GOOD LUCK!! And prayers for Hermes...

Craftlady
05-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I would not give him anymore food today, let his tummy settle down.
Leave water out for him to drink.
Otherwise how is he acting?

Anikaca77
05-13-2007, 02:18 PM
He's acting fine otherwise...a little sluggish..he doesn't understand throwing up really since this is his first time...he just runs and throws up and keeps running while vomiting and of course that means it's all over the house....

I just gave him a little kitten chow...I normally feed him Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula but I figured if I gave him some of his baby food maybe that would settle his tummy.

So far no puke.

I would not give him anymore food today, let his tummy settle down.
Leave water out for him to drink.
Otherwise how is he acting?

Anikaca77
05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Well now make that 5 times he's thrown up.

I'm not sure how to make him more comfortable for the rest of today.

Craftlady
05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Well now make that 5 times he's thrown up.

I'm not sure how to make him more comfortable for the rest of today.

STOP FEEDING HIM (sorry for shouting) but his tummy needs to rest. You keep feeding him whatever and he is going to puke it up. Your going to dehydrate him and that's life threating.

After 24 hrs of no food, start slowly with cooked rice & hamburger (cooked) mixture.
Rice & hamburger are kind to tummys. Small portions.

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, what Craftlady said, do not feed him. If you can't get him in to the vet tomorrow get him in as soon as possible. Taz went through this last summer and was extremely dehydrated. Please just get him to the vet as quickly as you can, especially since he is so young.

catmandu
05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I would get him into the Vets ASAP.
There something thats irritating his stomach and that has to be seen to at once.
We are praying that Hermes will be all right.

Anikaca77
05-13-2007, 05:32 PM
We are going to take him to the vets...it's so weird other than throwing up he seems to be okay...he's playing and being cute...

momcat
05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
We are going to take him to the vets...it's so weird other than throwing up he seems to be okay...he's playing and being cute...
Can you get him to an emergency vet? They might be able to help you until you can get in to see your own vet. Keep an eye on him; watch to see if he's active, no change in his personality or temprement, changes with the litterbox, is he grooming himself. You know your kitty, be sure to tell your vet of anything that for Hermes isn't quite normal. It's always better to tell your vet something that (s)he doesn't need to know than to think something doesn't matter...let your vet make that decision. Please keep us updated?

Anikaca77
05-14-2007, 06:04 AM
So far this morning Hermes is doing much better. I don't know if he ate something weird or what but his ears are cool and so is his nose. I'm going to still call the vet this morning to check and see but we gave him some food ( I know you guys don't agree but I wanted to make sure before I head to work that his tummy can handle eating) and he seems to be doing fine. Last night he just sleep a lot but this morning he's acting like nothing ever happened. I'll let you all know what the vet says.

Thanks again for the prays for him.

Melissa

Anikaca77
05-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Well I called my vet today and he said that since he is doing better there is no need to bring him in but to give him some hairball meds which I have.

I'm waiting to hear from my husband if he has thrown up anymore or keep his food down.

Maybe it was a hairball...I'll keep ya'll updated.