PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!!

Toby's my baby
05-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm getting ready to leave in a couple minutes for Rochester, Minnesota. I have a doctors appointment at the Mayo Clinic again tomorrow afternoon. Most of you might know this, but I broke my wrist riding horse a couple years ago, and I have had 3 surgerys on it since then. I had a carpal tunnel surgery, a carpet tunnel release :rolleyes: and they put cushions around my nerves because they were being pinched and my whole hand was numb for about a year. It's been almost two years since my last surgery, and I thought everything was pretty good. I went back to Mayo in Febuary and they found a couple more things wrong, but they weren't anything major. Lately I have been unable to write more than about 4 sentences without pain. I can't put up with it anymore, being in school and having to write all the time, it's just not possible.

Hopefully I won't have to have another surgery, but that's what I'm guessing is going to have to happen. When I was there in Febuary they said I have ligiment damage, so they could fix that while they are fixing whatever else is wrong too. Please keep me in your prayers that the 6 1/2 hour trip there and the doctors appointment go well!

I'll try to update this tomorrow night after my appointment. Thank you!

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Good luck, I hope all goes well for you.

Alysser
05-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Good luck, Beth!!

animal_rescue
05-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Good luck Beth! You'll be in my thoughts.

Chica
05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Good Luck to you!!!! :)

Toby's my baby
05-14-2007, 05:43 PM
*UPDATE*
Thanks everybody. The doctor said he is not sure what the problem is. They did more xrays today, and I'm getting a bone scan tomorrow.. :confused: I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'm going to google it in a little bit, so I'm not surprised. :p Hopefully all will be fine with that, and I'll be able to go on with my life without having to have another surgery.

cassiesmom
05-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Prayers - Hugs - Luck !!!

Kalei
05-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh my Goodness! I can't imagine having to go through that many surgeries, specially in the wrist :eek: I really hope this will be the last time you have to go through any surgeries with your wrist. I will send you lots of good vibes that whatever happens, they will cure your wrist and you won't have to go through anymore pain.

Tell us how it goes!