PDA

View Full Version : I'm kind of worried...

buttercup132
05-12-2007, 10:10 PM
My tattoo on my leg was hurting me today and it was quite itchy. I took a closer look at it and I have bumps all inside under the skin. It feels kind of like hives but the bumps are a little bigger. They are spread throughout the tattoo and only inside my tattoo no where outside of it. This is a pretty old tattoo I've had it for well over a year and the place I went is really good and super super clean. He dose all my dads tatoos and moms and is reputable. He is so good it takes months before you can get a appontment with him so it wouldn't be from a bad place and if it was it would have showed up by now.

I don't know what is wrong with it. I'm probly going to go get it checked out but I'm really scared. What if it's cancer or something?
For now I put Ozonol on it to see if it will help.

Has anyone herd of anything like this?

Hellow
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
It may be an infection. Tatoos are known to have them even though they are kept clean.

buttercup132
05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
It may be an infection. Tatoos are known to have them even though they are kept clean. It's old, the only way to get a infection is when it's first done. After it's healed it's treated like the rest of your skin.

Hellow
05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Do you think it may be a rash developing?

critter crazy
05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I have no clue!! For such an old tattoo I find it hard to believe it would be an infection, but one never realy knows. I would get it looked at tho!:confused:

luckies4me
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
This happens to a lot of people. I have three tattoos, and all were fine until I got pregnant...then WHAM! My shoulder tat started getting really nasty cysts on the inside of it. And I mean, they were huge! My ex had this happen to every tattoo he got. It was pretty nasty. Of course, he just kept getting more and more tattoos. :rolleyes:

If you have any salicylic (sp?) acid that seems to help if it's little cysts. I'm not sure what causes it. This site may help a little bit, but I would go see your artist as he will know a lot more.

http://dermnetnz.org/reactions/tattoo-reaction.html

Catty1
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Buttercup - you might want to PM Lute about it - they own a tattoo parlour.

You might want to see your doc as well.

Maybe some of the dyes get more sensitive to light or something after a while??

Scooter's Mom
05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
You may want to make a dr. appointment. You might have developed an allergy to the dyes.

People can develop allergies to the oddest things.

Alysser
05-13-2007, 07:53 AM
You may want to make a dr. appointment. You might have developed an allergy to the dyes.

People can develop allergies to the oddest things.

I agree. I was going to post this last night, that maybe you got an allergy to something that is on the tattoo, but not knowing if it was possible I didn't want a seem like an idiot. Ask your parents to make a doctors appt. and PM lute, as stated above.

I hope it's nothing serious, Alicia. Good luck!

lv4dogs
05-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I'd get it checked out. Hope it's nothing serious.
Could it just be "the tatoo bumps"? I don't know how to explain it but some tats (one of mine does it mostly in hot weather) just kind of raise a little under certain circumstances. Does anyone else here know what I am talking about? I know of many people who this happens to.

Karen
05-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Sweetie, it sounds more like a reaction than an infection, especially the itchiness. And skin cancer doesn't usually itch - don't worry about cancer, but do get it checked out, before it gets worse. And, of course - DON'T SCRATCH!

buttercup132
05-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks everyone.

you might want to PM Lute about it - they own a tattoo parlour
Ya I was going to do that last night but maybe she will reply to this.

You might have developed an allergy to the dyes.

More then a year later and it's on none of my other tattoos. If I was allergic it would have show up right away and on my others too.

Could it just be "the tatoo bumps"? I don't know how to explain it but some tats (one of mine does it mostly in hot weather) just kind of raise a little under certain circumstances. Does anyone else here know what I am talking about? I know of many people who this happens to
I think I know what your talking about. One of mine dose it in the winter but it doesn't hurt or anything just gets a little raised. But this is nothing like it.

This happens to a lot of people. I have three tattoos, and all were fine until I got pregnant...then WHAM! My shoulder tat started getting really nasty cysts on the inside of it. And I mean, they were huge! My ex had this happen to every tattoo he got. It was pretty nasty. Of course, he just kept getting more and more tattoos. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

That sounds exactly like it! But did yours get itchy and sore?
Will it go away on it's own and how long did it take?

Scooter's Mom
05-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Quote:
You might have developed an allergy to the dyes.

More then a year later and it's on none of my other tattoos. If I was allergic it would have show up right away and on my others too.

Allergies CAN develop over time. My former boss had her tattoo (and 2 others) for 3 years before she became allergic to it and had to have it removed. None of her other tattoo's have so far been affected. It is possible, I'm not just pulling that information out of nowhere.

Good luck with it.

lute
05-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I just saw this. When did you get your tattoo? It may just be healing. Tattoos get extreamlyitchy and scab up. It is totally normal! Just keep the tattoo moist with some A&D ointment or neosporin. Never use alcahol! Do not scratch it! It may make the color come out and then you'll have a yucky tattoo with spots in it. If you need anything else letme know! If it is a new tattoo just do what i said above and it will heal in a couple weeks. No need for a doctor. If it's an older tattoo that just started doing this go to the doctor then. You may be allergic to something.

buttercup132
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Allergies CAN develop over time. My former boss had her tattoo (and 2 others) for 3 years before she became allergic to it and had to have it removed. None of her other tattoo's have so far been affected. It is possible, I'm not just pulling that information out of nowhere.

Good luck with it.Oh I didn't think it was possible.

I just saw this. When did you get your tattoo? It may just be healing. Tattoos get extreamlyitchy and scab up. It is totally normal! Just keep the tattoo moist with some A&D ointment or neosporin. Never use alcahol! Do not scratch it! It may make the color come out and then you'll have a yucky tattoo with spots in it. If you need anything else letme know! If it is a new tattoo just do what i said above and it will heal in a couple weeks. No need for a doctor. If it's an older tattoo that just started doing this go to the doctor then. You may be allergic to something.

I got it last December.

I didn't think allergies can just form out of nowhere. I'll probly go to the doctors tomorrow.

jackie
05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It could be a reaction to the dyes used. Even if you got them done in the same places, they might have switched brands.

I have an old one that sometimes itches, and I just put it down to a small reaction to the dye. If I was you I would just give it a few days/a week to calm down, if it hasn't by then, go to a dermatologist.

luckies4me
05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

That sounds exactly like it! But did yours get itchy and sore?
Will it go away on it's own and how long did it take?

I just used some cleanser on it and it went away pretty quickly. I think now that my hormones are evening out I haven't had a problem, but yes, it was very itchy! More annoying though. :p

Vela
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Just an FYI YES you can just suddenly develop an allergy to something even if you have used it many times before or had it for a long time. I one day suddenly became allergiv to neosporin and had used it for years. It ate the skin off my arm in a large area because i had used it on a road rash from caoming off my bike. Our bodies are not machines, they can do strange things all the time.

king2005
05-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Just an FYI YES you can just suddenly develop an allergy to something even if you have used it many times before or had it for a long time. I one day suddenly became allergiv to neosporin and had used it for years. It ate the skin off my arm in a large area because i had used it on a road rash from caoming off my bike. Our bodies are not machines, they can do strange things all the time.

Not only that, but many allergies can only effect a small area.. My arms are allergic to dogs. If I'm petting some dogs I'll break out in hives, or a rash. My whole body is allergic to Rats, I pop out in hives where ever the rat touches me. For cats its just my eyes, OMG the itch in my eyes!! *claws out eyes*

I also developed an allergic reaction to Evera (birth control patch). Where ever that patch went my skin would crust, rash & then breakout in painful hives, but big ones like pimples, that can pop & leak clear fluids...

I've been itchy lately cause Bear has decided that my bed is her new bed! Shes an awesome bed dog, doesn't move a hair & lays flat on her belly, so I don't get kicked lol & she shares my pillow... So I let her sleep with me... its sooo worth the itchiness lol

columbine
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
If it's an allergic rash, Benadryl cream will take it right down.

lute
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Not only that, but many allergies can only effect a small area.. My arms are allergic to dogs. If I'm petting some dogs I'll break out in hives, or a rash. My whole body is allergic to Rats, I pop out in hives where ever the rat touches me. For cats its just my eyes, OMG the itch in my eyes!! *claws out eyes*

I also developed an allergic reaction to Evera (birth control patch). Where ever that patch went my skin would crust, rash & then breakout in painful hives, but big ones like pimples, that can pop & leak clear fluids...

I've been itchy lately cause Bear has decided that my bed is her new bed! Shes an awesome bed dog, doesn't move a hair & lays flat on her belly, so I don't get kicked lol & she shares my pillow... So I let her sleep with me... its sooo worth the itchiness lol

My gosh! I couldn't imagin being allergic to so many animals. It would stink big time!