PDA

View Full Version : New member of the Ploss household...

moosmom
05-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I have a friend who is a Sphynx breeder. I got a phone call from her the other day. She said a breeder friend of hers has a 3 month old female Sphynx kitten that was attacked by her mama. Part of her ear is torn so he can't sell it as a show cat. She asked me if I would be willing to take her with the understanding that I'd pay to have her spayed and possibly show her in Household Pets.

I couldn't say YES fast enough. So, my Mother's Day gift is going to be a 4 month old Sphynx kitten coming to my house and her name will be Olivia. Still need a middle name though. I'll post pictures of her the minute I get her home.

*doing a happy dance*

Catty1
05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Woohoo! Hopefully she will take to Mooshoo and he will have a nekkid kitty friend!

BTW - how did the visit with Isis go in NY? :)

moosmom
05-12-2007, 09:12 PM
I never did get to NYC. Charles had a URI and was pretty sick. He's due to leave for L.A. next week and his roommate is throwing him a surprize birthday party, so I'll see him and Isis then. And...I'll get to meet Jesse L. Martin from Law & Order!!! :p

rkidsrcats
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Congrats on the new little Sphynx in your family.
What fun you'll be having. Hope we get to see pictures... ;)

The Tribe

Grace
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Congratulations on your newest member - love her name! And I envy you meeting Jesse L. Martin - how exciting!

Karen
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Olivia! how about May for her middle name? I almost even typed "Welcome, welcome Olivia May, on this bring and sunny spring day!"

Sevaede
05-12-2007, 11:22 PM
CONGRATS on the newest addition!! :D I'm just gonna toss out a few name ideas.. :D

Name Ideas:
Olivia Hope, Olivia Belle, Olivia Morgan, Olivia Ash, Olivia Grace, Olivia Brooke
Olivia Taylor, Olivia Faith, Olivia Paige, Olivia Claire, Olivia Jordan, Olivia Kate
Olivia Jade, Olivia Amber, Olivia Summer, Olivia Reese, Olivia Scarlett, Olivia Iris, Olivia Skye.

Whew.. I better stop with the combos. :eek: :D

jennielynn1970
05-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the newest kitty!

You get to meet Jesse Martin from Law and Order?! OMG!!!! He is like, so HOT!!!! Can I sneak along with you?! Pretty please?! I'd be drooling all over like an idiot though, lol. Definitely take some pics!

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Congrats on your soon to be new kitten!!!:) I can't wait to see pictures of her.:)

Freedom
05-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh boy, what exciting times in the Ploss home!! Have you stopped dancing around yet? A new arrival and a fun trip in the works. Yippee!

RedHedd
05-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the new addition. When I hear Olivia, I can't help but think of Olivia de Haviland. I'm sure your new kitty will be a star too! :)

orangemm
05-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't know what's more exciting, the new kitty or Jesse Martin! ;) (I'm watching a L&O marathon today and let me tell you, Jesse can arrest me ANY DAY!).

Pictures, please! Your new adoptee sounds wonderful; lucky kitty will have a wonderful home.

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Can't wait for pictures!! And I like Karen's idea of the middle name being May. I think it sounds good. :D

catmandu
05-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I have told this story before I hope its not getting as boring as I usually do.
I got a ride to a Cat Show with some Spynx Cats and fell in love with these enchanting fabulous Cats.
They were so warm and I certainly know that Donnas in for a treat when the new Kitten arrives to ne Moo Shoos friend.
This is a heart warming story.

moosmom
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Her name has changed. She is the Lexus of cats in my book, so, without further adieu, here's Lexus, aka Lexie. The pictures aren't that great and I'll try to get better ones once she feels a little more relaxed.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3028.jpg?t=1179097755

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3027.jpg?t=1179097630

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3026.jpg?t=1179097679

The story about her ear is that her mama over-groomed her ear and it affected her cartlidge.

She's been in her snug snack in the carrier sound asleep since we got home 2 hours ago. MooShoo keeps sticking his head in the carrier checking on her. She just lifts her head up and then goes back to sleep.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow cuz I've gotta work from 9:30-5 pm. I'm going to have to put her in my bathroom. I feel so bad!!

I'm in LOOOOOOOVE!!!

As far as Jesse L. Martin is concerned, I'd do him in a nanosecond!!!! He is the only person that Isis, formerly known as Coco, will shmooze with. Boy does SHE have great taste in men!!! :p

momcat
05-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Lexus! You are a very lovely little kitty and you're going to be so happy in your new furever home! Tell you what sweetie, get some rest and get used to your new surroundings & family then be sure to come and visit all your new friends (and fans) here on PT! :)

rg_girlca
05-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Donna on your new addition to the family. :)

Welcome to PT pretty Lexie. I pray that all goes well with the introduction to the others.

RedHedd
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Lexie is gorgeous! She has the most stunning green eyes! Welcome to PT Lexie!

Karen
05-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh Lexie, you've got that "one flopped ear" look that Kia (the canine) pioneered! Welcome to Pet Talk, baby doll!

krazyaboutkatz
05-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Welcome to PT Lexie!!!:D I hope that your new siblings will like you sweet girl.:)

ChrisH
05-14-2007, 03:24 AM
What a beauty! :D Congratulations Donna, and you too Lexie, you just got yourself a wonderful home.

moosmom
05-14-2007, 07:42 AM
The first night went very well. No commotion whatsoever. It was also the first night I slept alone as they were all pissed at me for bringing this strange creature home. I've gotta go to work in a little bit, but I think she's going to be okay. I really have no where to put her for her own safety, but I really don't think that's an issue. The elders are only growling and hissing at her to let her know where she stands on the hierchy. Translation = low woman on the totem pole.

At least I don't have to sit around with a squirt bottle waiting for blood shed. :D

ramanth
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Oh Donna! She's beautiful!! Congratulations!! And I love her new name and her little flopped over ear!! :D

Welcome home Lexie. :)

cassiesmom
05-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh, my! Lexie, you are beautiful! I think the ear thing gives her character. When I see her, the ear difference will remind me of her momcat who groomed her so meticulously. And, somehow, that seems appropriate to me for a kitty who arrived around Mother's Day. She's a top cat in my book. What does she feel like when you pet her? Her coat looks like suede. Welcome, precious Lexie!

I think Jesse L. Martin is so cool. He was in the original Broadway cast of "Rent" with Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel. I'm a huge fan of "Law & Order" too!

Prairie Purrs
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
What a darling little princess! If you still need a middle name, why not Lexus Mercedes? ;)

And you have a permanent spot on my most-envied list, because I adore Jessie L. Martin. If you get to hear him sing, I will be too jealous for words.

Zippy
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Welcome to PT Lexie.You are a little cutie. :D

moosmom
05-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Things went well with everyone while I was at work. I had nothing to worry about.

I'm getting syked about going to Charles' party. I never knew Jesse could sing. Maybe if we get him tanked up at the party, he'll put a lamp shade on his head belt one out. :p

Lexie's proper name is Mythmakers Lexus June. Mythmakers is the cattery name.

I got an email from Joe, who was the breeder and he told me that he was SO happy that Lexi is with me. He said he never had to adopt out one of his cats and the minute he met me, it felt right and he knew she was going to a great home. He said he can't wait to see how Lexi does in Household Pet at cat shows.

I'm smitten!!

AbbyMom
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm smitten!!

Lucky kitty! Congratulations, Donna. Congratulations, Lexie!

moosmom
05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Here are more pictures of Lexi June

Meeting the Mooman
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3037.jpg?t=1179257194

"Mommmmm, who is this scrawny nekkid GIRL???"
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3039.jpg?t=1179257275

"Okay kid, let's get one thing straight...I am top nekkid dude around here, got that?"
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3040.jpg?t=1179257388

"What's a girl gotta do around here to get some privacy???"
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3044.jpg?t=1179257497

"Aren't I cute????"
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3049.jpg?t=1179257578

"I sure wish Uncle Moo would come into MY kitty bag and snuggle. I guess he's a little mad cuz I'm here. Oh well, GET OVER IT!!! Goodnight now!!"
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3045.jpg?t=1179257665

Barbara
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Lexie June has the cutest little face- and I am surprised to see her sleep next to MooShoo :)

catlover4ever
05-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh Donna, Lexi is adorable!!! Congrats on your new addition.

I think Lexi would like Uncle Moo to join her because he looks like he could give off some good body heat (Moo and my Vegas could use a little diet) ;)

momcat
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
You sure are cute, Lexie, and the flashy box simply loves you!!! Your pictures are gorgeous! Don't worry sweetie, Uncle Moo will be joining you in your kitty sleeping bag before you know it.
By the way, a kitty girl as pretty as you are must be a kitty super model...are you not telling your PT friends about your modeling career?
Sending lots of scritchies, tummy rubs, and huggies just for you!

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 09:51 PM
How did I miss this!!:eek: Yay another naked baby! Aww I love her ear she is so so cute.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-31-2007, 05:49 AM
congratulations on your new addition !! she is so cuuuuute !!!!!

Boy.. i didn't realize what a healthy boy MOoman was!!! I would give just about anything to snuggle with that nekkid boy !!!!

Lexie sure is one lucky kitty!! The pictures were FABULOUS !!!!! :D

Freedom
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Yay, hello Lexie, you sure are a great new addition to PT!

moosmom
05-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Lexi is SOOOOOO smart!! I bought her a bag of rattling mice and she went NUTS!! She plays fetch with them. I'll say, "Lexi, where's your mousie??" She goes and finds one and brings it to me to throw.

She adores her Uncle Moo.

MooShoo is a bit *ahem* svelte. I don't know how I can get him to lose weight with 4 others to feed. Oh well. :(

I was walking Moo in the kitty stroller yesterday, when a woman came running out of Dunkin Donuts and asked me if she could take our picture. We happily obliged. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
MooShoo is a bit *ahem* svelte. I don't know how I can get him to lose weight with 4 others to feed. Oh well. :(

Well i think he is supberb !!! I wouldn 't change him.!! Jupiter is a little over 16 pounds. I asked the vet if she thought i should put him on a diet and she told me he was just big boned !! :eek: I was a little surprised. Usually you hear vets encouraging the weight loss.. but oh well.. I just have a big boy i guess !

moosmom
05-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Big boned, wide load, it's all the same. He's got to be at LEAST 16 lbs. He's healthy as a horse (literally) so I guess I'll find out the real truth on his next vet visit.

I think the thing that makes it more noticeable is the fact that his body and head are SO disproportionate (sp?).

That's okay. There's just more of him to love. And those love handle...Ooooohhhhhh!!