PDA

View Full Version : a little help for pets in OR

TamanduaGirl
05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry i haven't been around. This isn't the best way to come back but it's important.

please click the links and send emails. 804 snuck in on me this is the first i heard of it. It will make OR like PA is now for exotics. In Pa they make up the rules as they go and confiscate at will, even traveling pets going through the state. For an example of what 804 will do to us just look at this info on PA. http://sybilsden.com/gc/gcmain.htm check some of the links there for horror stories.

I've been opposing 3437 even have a local group working on it with their own letter and petition but they are small. Species bans are no different than breed bans. It's not the animals it's a few bad owners. In OR we have a permitting system with inspections there is no reason to ban animals. We have no problems. They also make 3437 an emergency bill being enacted soon as passed so if you don't have a permit you will peed to get rid of your animals on that day. This is especially bad because they are adding animals to the exotic list so they wont have permits because not exotics until the day it's passed but if no permit they have to give up their animals.

> There are two very harmful bills currently sailing through the
> Oregon legislature relatively unopposed. Your voices in opposition
> are urgently needed, and I have set up a way for anyone to help
> quickly and easily.
>
> HB 3437 would prohibit future private ownership of all exotics, and
> may ban the breeding of hybrids as well.
>
> SB 804 would hand the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission the same
> authority California Fish and Game has to regulate and ban
> all "wildlife," as well as the authority to determine what
> constitutes wildlife. The Oregon Supreme Court has already ruled
> that this agency has overstepped its authority by confiscating
> animals it does not legally control, and this bill is an attempt to
> get around that ruling. It reportedly plans to ban everything should
> it receive that authority.
>
> With just a few clicks, you can use the provided message or
> customize your own, and send it to almost 60 Oregon legislators. It
> takes a matter of seconds. Please send your own message, and then
> encourage family, friends, and email lists to do the same. This
> needs to be done very quickly; without major action SB 804 may be
> passed within days.
>
> To oppose the bills, simply visit these two pages, enter your email
> address, and click send. It really is that simple!
>

http://www.exoticcatz.com/sb804.php
> http://www.exoticcatz.com/hb3437.php

luckies4me
05-12-2007, 06:18 PM
If anything like this ever passed I'd move.

Sevaede
05-12-2007, 06:39 PM
If anything like this ever passed I'd move.

Same for me.

TamanduaGirl
05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
if 804 passes I'll have too move. I might if 3437 does but they did add an exemption for USDA on that one which I have but i don't like it anyway. There's no reason a private owner can't take just as good a care of their animals as a non-private( for profit, sanctuary, or government run facility can) a lot of times pet animals get better care.

luckies4me
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Very true!

All I know is I would never give up my lizards, degus, possums or hedgies...ever!

TamanduaGirl
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
oh what kind of possums?

luckies4me
05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Just short tails. :)

TamanduaGirl
05-17-2007, 05:05 PM
those are cute. Do they smell any? I know the sugar gliders are stinky.

luckies4me
05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Actually they hardly stink at all! That's the great thing about them. They don't scent mark and usually only potty in one corner, so it makes cleaning up after them easy. They are one of the least stinkiest animals I've ever owned, and I really mean that. :)

TamanduaGirl
05-18-2007, 07:46 PM
cool. i may just think about some in the future :) i wouldn't get a sugar glider because their smell reminds me of buck goat smell and I can't stand that. It's not as bad. but still, ick. I know not all marsupials smell like that but it has to be asked.

Hellow
05-19-2007, 09:20 PM
OMG! If anyone here on PT has there pet comphisated i will fight to have them returned! I will not stand for this!

Alysser
05-19-2007, 09:40 PM
if 804 passes I'll have too move. I might if 3437 does but they did add an exemption for USDA on that one which I have but i don't like it anyway. There's no reason a private owner can't take just as good a care of their animals as a non-private( for profit, sanctuary, or government run facility can) a lot of times pet animals get better care.

I agree. I don't understand why the government has to control almost every aspect of our lifes. I hope this stupid bill doesn't get passed. :(

Hellow
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes, ROCK ON! Is this government a Democratic government or a Communist government? I will let the public decied...