PDA

View Full Version : Bobo's Vet Appointment

Kalei
05-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, today was Bobo's vet appointment. I'm not sure if I would say it went well, but I do have pills to fix him up. The vet took him and tried to make him pee (which was very upsetting for me.) He took Bobo into another room where I couldn't see him and all I could hear were Bobo's very abnormal loud yelling. You literally would be able to hear him a kilometre away, he was that loud. It was terrible for me to hear. Well stubborn Bobo still wouldn't pee. So he brought Bobo back on the table and as soon as Bobo felt more better with my arm around him, he began to pee all over the table.

And everyone here was right, he definately has bladder infection. He was later even spitting out pure blood, it wasn't pee anymore. I was so upset, when I got out to the car I was crying cause I couldn't believe how awful his yowls were and he looked so in pain. All he did was lay his head into me and not want to move for awhile.

But I got Clavamox and I'm suppose to give it to him 2 a day, 1 every 12 hours. So at least Bobo is on his way to recovery.

Here's a pic of him coming out of the bathroom where the litter is. He does not look impressed.
http://i8.tinypic.com/63u8hae.jpg

When I got him home he went in and out of the litter 5 times and each time doing nothing, he just felt like he needed to go. He's not doing it anymore thankfully.

I had a question for you all. Someone said something to me that was very upsetting. They said that maybe the vet made Bobo's bladder bleed just so he could prescribe the pill and make money:( Do you really think a vet would do that? It's the most disturbing thought. I would never want a vet to hurt Bobo just so he could make money.:( What do you think of it? Do you think there are vets that would do such a thing?

catmandu
05-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT THERE WOULD BE A VET THAT UNSCRUPULOUS , NOT TO MENTION CRUEL AS HE WOULD HURT BOBO TO SELL PILLS.
I DONT HONESTLY THINK SO AS HE WOULD JUST PRESCRIBE THE PILLS IF HE WANTED BOBO TO TAKE THEM, YOU WOULD TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT WITHOUT SEEING BLOOD.
ALL MY CATS ARE PRAYING FOR BOBO.
ESPECIALLY HIS SWEET HEART.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture2030.jpg
THERES ROOM FOR YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT OUR PORCH ,DEAREST.

Catty1
05-12-2007, 05:57 PM
When Oscar had his UTI last year, there were just a few crystals, which cleared up in a hurry - but there was blood in his urine even when the infection was gone.

No, and I can't see a way to make poor Bobo bleed...I don't think for a moment the vet would have done that. I think Bobo already had some blood in his urine, since he had been having such trouble.

The Clavamox will start working soon, and Bobo will feel better - and your dad will sleep better! :)

Give Bobo a hug for me!

Kalei
05-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much Catmandu and Catty1. Bobo is very happy to see another beautiful picture of Bo Bo. Bobo is doing great now, he's just sleeping as usual lol. And yes, my dad will get sleep now, which is very important :p

I have a very good way of giving him his pill too. I take one of his soft chicken treats, split it in half and stick the little pill into the middle of it and then I stick the treat back together with the pill in the middle. Bobo is very happy to get his treat and doesn't notice any pill at all:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Bobo has a UTI:( but in about 2-3 days he should be feeling much better.:) Storm's had a few of these and they can be very painful but they clear up quickly.

A good thing to do in the future is to make sure that Bobo drinks a lot of water. If you already feed him wet food then you should also add a little bit of water to this to add even more moisture. I hope he feels better soon.:)

rkidsrcats
05-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I've never experienced having a vet try to "make" our cats pee. When Pippin had his bladder infection and crystals, they had me leave him there all day so they could get a sample the regular way. He was so uncomfortable from the infection - acted just like your Bobo - that he just paced around for about a day after starting the antibiotics and then finally started getting some relief.
Our vet also mentioned adding Cosequin to Pippin's diet - she said studies showed that it might help strengthen the cells that line the bladder so it can resist infections. That was 6 months ago and he has not had a problem since. The rest of the boys get Cosequin too. Whatever works, I guess.
Hope Bobo gets better soon.

Hellow
05-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I have naver heard of a vet making a animal bleed into its pee. I dont even think that is even possible. Hope BoBo gets well soon. ;) ;) :) :)

P.S. My dog hopes BoBo gets well soon. My gerbil just runs away.

Kalei
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys, I hope Bobo gets better soon too, last night he couldn't sleep at all, he was pacing and going back and forth into his litter box.

What I meant by making Bobo pee is that the vet took him into another room and pushed or squished his bladder to make him pee. I just thought that maybe if the vet squished his bladder too hard that it would make him bleed. :confused:

caffeitina
05-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I hope Bobo feels better soon. Poor baby. It's a terrible thing when pets are sick, because they can't tell you what's wrong and what they need to feel better....and they can't really understand why you're shoving medicine down their throats. I remember this past fall when my Luna had earmites (how, I can't tell you, since she and my other kitty are both indoor cats)... I had to wrap her in a towel so only her head was visible, hold her down, and then act really fast. Poor girl was mad at me for nearly two weeks afterward.

Again, all the best to Bobo.

Kalei
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I hope Bobo feels better soon. Poor baby. It's a terrible thing when pets are sick, because they can't tell you what's wrong and what they need to feel better....and they can't really understand why you're shoving medicine down their throats. I remember this past fall when my Luna had earmites (how, I can't tell you, since she and my other kitty are both indoor cats)... I had to wrap her in a towel so only her head was visible, hold her down, and then act really fast. Poor girl was mad at me for nearly two weeks afterward.

Again, all the best to Bobo.

Thanks very much, I'm sorry about how hard it was for your cat to take medicine. Luckily its extremely easy with Bobo. What I do is stuff the little pill into one of Bobo's soft luv treats, he eats it up and doesn't even notice its there.:) One time it even fell out and Bobo actually looked at it and ate it lol, he's a weird kitty.

Scooter's Mom
05-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope Bobo feels better soon. Good for Bobo that he takes his medicine like a good kitty!

I'm impressed he takes the Clavamox so well. Charlie won't take it unless we both hold him down and shove it in his mouth and then squirt a tiny bit of water in, so he HAS to swallow.

Husky15
05-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm glad Bobo is doing okay. Even though I have numerous snots on my wall caused by him (:p), I would never like to see him in pain. It goes to show that it is good to have a vet check-up.

I had a question for you all. Someone said something to me that was very upsetting. They said that maybe the vet made Bobo's bladder bleed just so he could prescribe the pill and make money:( Do you really think a vet would do that? It's the most disturbing thought. I would never want a vet to hurt Bobo just so he could make money.:( What do you think of it? Do you think there are vets that would do such a thing?

Well, you already know my opinion on this one.

I don't think the vet would do that at all. I mean, he has to be able to check somehow; he's not psychic vet. And also, like Gary said, if the vet just wanted money then he would have simply told you to give him the Clavamox, I don't think he would feel a need to hurt Bobo because he is a vet, and you would take his word for it. So no, I do not think the vet purposely hurt Bobo for the sake of money.

And also, it would seem that Bobo already showed the signs of UTI before he went to the vet.