PDA

View Full Version : Aces (disabled) first 2 videos! Walking and loving...

kt_luvs_kitties
05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I am going tomorrow night to Indianapolis, Indiana to my grandpas funeral. He has not passed yet, BUT within the next 12 hours or so....
We are leaving after Bendy kitty (Aces transporter) picks him up. I wont be back for a week, so please excuse my absense on my other threads. I just found out today about my grandpa, so I have to pack and get everything ready for my trip.
My husband(seperated) will be coming and staying at my house with the cats and taking care of the rest for me.
Please pray for my cats that he will take as good of care of them as I do.
One good thing is I get to meet Melissa (doolittleky) on my trip. That is the bright spot in my trip. On with the pics!

Videos below:

I wanted to show how Aces walks and moves around. PLEASE ignore my voice talking through the whole thing :rolleyes:

First is of his walking and sitting up by himself:
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/kt_luvs_kitties/?action=view&current=catpics1301.flv

This is of him ploping down on the floor:
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/kt_luvs_kitties/?action=view&current=catpics1296.flv

jennielynn1970
05-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Oh my gosh... I have totally fallen in love with Aces!!! He is gorgeous and such a sweetie pie!! I love how he just plops on the floor, lol. Calloway does kind of a plop, but a little more tentative. He's got a major limp, and his one leg hangs down a big when he sits on a window sill, and kinda goes to the side when he just sits on the floor. Poor guys... gotta wonder what happened to them to make them hurt like this.

Taz_Zoee
05-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Ok, first of all, I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Second, Aces is such a lover!!! He didn't want you to stop petting him. So cute!!

And last, your voice is friggin adorable!!! You sound like Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line. (I hope that doesn't upset you.:p)

Catty1
05-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Katie - I am so sorry to hear about your granpa...you drive carefully, ok? HUGS!

Aces is just a DOLL! I love those big green eyes...in his earlier pics, he had them closed with a big kitty smile and looked like he was purring his head off.

I didn't know your husband and you separated...this is not an easy time for you right now. I hope he doesn't blame the kitties...hey, maybe in a week he'll be totally won over!

HUGS and PRAYERS to you.

kt_luvs_kitties
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Thank you everyone. :(

Aces is a doll. I miss him already! And he is at home waiting for me.

Candace- yes we seperated shortly after the whole cat situation started. I doubt he will ever accept any of the fosters. So... He goes they stay :p

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Aces sure is a wonderful cat and I'm so glad that he's been adopted. You're doing a wonderful job so please keep up the great work.:)

I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband have separated but it sounds like it's for the best if he doesn't understand your passion for cats. Please take care.

catmandu
05-12-2007, 06:42 PM
We Are Sending Our Prayers To Your Grandfather That The Lord Will Take Him In Hand And Show Him The Way To Paradise.
And Aces Is Such A Happy Cat Now That He Has Found His Meowmie And His Furrever Home And We Are Betting That He Wont Let Anything Hold Him Back From Being A Great Cat Companion.
Bless You For Helping Him.

Reachoutrescue
05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I just saw this thread, and though you won't be able to check it till you get back...I am so sorry about your grandpa. Lots of warm thoughts and prayers for you and your family. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call.

cassiesmom
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM
He's so adorable! I just wanted to reach through the monitor and pet him!

critters
05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
The big boy is still with his foster mom and is doing VERY well there; it sounds like he's happy. I don't yet know when he'll be on the road again. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
05-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I just got back from my trip. My grandpas funeral was very nice. He got everything that he wanted.. All final wishes carried out. Down to having a clown at his funeral (for the children, to explain in a "happier way" what death is, and how great and healthy he is feeling now). Thank you all for your well wishes. It means alot.

Now on to Aces. He is still at his fosters house, and I havent been able to call as much as I would like. I plan on calling and checking on him in a bit. She is leaving me messages daily with updates and cute little stories about how Aces has befriended all the other disabled cats, and LOVES to sunbathe in her window! I miss him terribly.

Cindy, no offense at all! I hear that all the time! I also got a 30% discount while in Indy because the cashier thought it was "cute" lol :p

I will post updates and more about the trip, Aces, Kohl, and the Ragdoll I am picking up on Monday morning... With pictures of the cats as well.

PS_ Tracy, I got to meet Saki. HE WAS ADORABLE!!!!

More details coming, now I need to check my email, and go home to my cats! You would not believe all the stuff I got them( with borrowed money from Rickie of course!), Melissa got them, and my family got them!

Hugs to all of my PT friends! Katie and kitties