PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad, RIP Ezra :(

luckies4me
05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
My friends cat Ezra just died. :( I just got the call from my friend Chrissy (my brothers ex girlfriend from many years ago) with the news. Normally I would be upset when any cat dies, but this cat tugs even more deeply because Chrissy got Ezra from me. I grew up with Ezra as a little girl, her being my cat Wacko's baby. We rescued Wacko from our crazy neighbor when she was pregnant. We kept Ickeris, Ezras sister and just recently lost her when my parents moved to N.M. a few years ago and she suddenly vanished. I reconnected with Chrissy a few months ago and it was pure joy to learn she still had Ezra. It was like a piece of Ickeris still remained. It was a comforting feeling, especially knowing that she went to such a good home with someone who cared so deeply for her.

Chrissy mentioned to me about a month ago that Ezra had started to lose weight and get thin. She was still eating and playing but just seemed to be showing her age. Today she took Ezra into the vets to get her blood drawn and get her thyroid tested, which I explained to Chrissy awhile back that that might be causing her symptoms. Well it turns out it was her thyroid. She called me after the appt. as well letting me know how it went, and laughing as she explained to me how she was feeding Ezra food with a fork. :) I told her to keep me posted and hung up.

Well just a few minutes ago Chrissy called back letting me know Ezra suddenly died. :( She was giving her her meds and she just stopped breathing. They aren't sure if she had a heart attack (she was struggling) or what. She tried to bring her back but she couldn't. She is on the way to the hospital to take Ezra back. She will call me later and let me know what the vet says. Such tragedy. We just found out what was wrong! I'm so sad. She was such a big part of my life for the short time I had her. I can't imagine how my friend is feeling. Please send your thoughts and prayers her way. Play hard at the bridge Ezra. Say hello to Ickeris if she is there. We will miss you and love you forever!

Ezra's song:

Ezra, Ezra, meow meow meow meow
meow meow meow meow meow
meow meow meow meow
Ezra, Ezra, meow meow meow meow
meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow!

luckies4me
05-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I just got off the phone with her again, and now I am crying. :( Here is another photo of her, with Chrissy, her mommy.

P.S. I will be giving her this link in case she wants to stop by and read it or add anything to it.

rg_girlca
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Please let your friend Chrissy know how very sorry I am to hear on the loss of her pretty girl Ezra. My heart goes out to her and to you, Luckies4me.

Chrissy, I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear. May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace Dear Ezra. You were so loved and surely will not be forgotten.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
How sad.:( RIP sweet Ezra.:(

luckies4me
05-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Thank you both for replying. I am sure she is having a pretty hard time right now.

luckies4me
05-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Bump. I thought there would be more replies than just two. :(

Miss Z
05-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Aw, she was beautiful. How awful that she went so suddenly. RIP Ezra. :(

catmandu
05-12-2007, 05:05 PM
The Pet Angels Will Have A Special Party For Ezra At The Taj Mahal In India Where They Award The New Pet Angels With Thier Wings.
Ezra Was Such A Beautiful Cat And Will Be There For You Both When You Meet Again In Love In A Far Nicer Place.
The Rainbow Bridge.
One Fine Day.

Kalei
05-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Bump. I thought there would be more replies than just two. :(

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. Weekends are always crazy, and I noticed there are always less Pters online on the weekends too.

I am so sorry about Ezra. Ezra certainly knows how much you and your friend loved her. It must be such a hard time for the both of you right now. I cry just thinking of my Bobo passing away someday, and he's no where near to passing away yet, but when I think of the day that will come, I get tears in my eyes.

Please know how much I feel for you your friend and poor Ezra. I pray that Ezra is now playing at the Rainbow Bridge.

luckies4me
05-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank you!

Zac and Zoe's Mum
05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Ezra was a lovely girl. I do hope she's found her sister Ickeris and they're playing happily together at the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP dear sweet Ezra.

Taz_Zoee
05-12-2007, 09:09 PM
RIP Sweet Ezra. You are not reuntied with your sister. Run free at the Bridge.

ShylanHal
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
So sad... I don't know what I would do if my beloved Clover (who is sitting in my lap right now, purring and was looking sad at teh computer screen) suddenly died like that. I think even she feels for you, seeing her watch me type this with her head laying on my arm.
We both feel for you and Ezra, and are gladdened with the fact that she is now happy and healthy and whole romping on the rainbow bridge. Have her say hello to Comet for me!

-Shy and her babies, feeling for ya :( :( :(