PDA

View Full Version : please excuse my absence from PT

davidpizzica
05-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I've been absent from PT because I was hospitalized again! Monday I went to my doctor's for a routine check-up and wound up going to the hospital from the office. I spent three 1/2 days being treated for an irregular heartbeat. It's called Atrial Fibrillation and can cause unwanted blood clots. As a result, I have to take Coumadin which is a blood thinning medicine. I'll probably have to be on it for life. Another thing happened while I was there. I had a roommate who was an old man who was very sick. He passed away while I was there beside him on Tuesday night. It was scary because here I was talking to him all of Tuesday and got to know him somewhat and that night he was gone. I was kind of shaken up for the rest of my stay there. I've never had that happen to me before.

Daisy and Delilah
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope you're ok now David. What a frightening thing it must have been for you. Losing your roommate was a double whammy. How sad for you. Take care. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} :(

Karen
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Good to have you back, and it's good that the problem was discovered so you can be treated for it. Rest in peace, anonymous man.

davidpizzica
05-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Good to have you back, and it's good that the problem was discovered so you can be treated for it. Rest in peace, anonymous man.
Karen, I forgot to tell you that his name was George and I immediately said a prayer for him after he passed. R.I.P. dear George.

caseysmom
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I noticed that you had been gone,that is really wierd because I don't usually notice when someone is gone for a few days but I remember thinking that I hoped you were okay.

gini
05-11-2007, 06:13 PM
David - sounds as though you were in the right place at the right time so they made you go to the hospital for good care.

I am sorry about your roommate - it must have been a shock for you to have him pass away in your room.

Please take good care of yourself.

davidpizzica
05-11-2007, 06:34 PM
David - sounds as though you were in the right place at the right time so they made you go to the hospital for good care.

I am sorry about your roommate - it must have been a shock for you to have him pass away in your room.

Please take good care of yourself.
Gini, I'm going to do just that. Gini, it was the first time I was so close to someone who had passed away. Even when my parents passed I was in another room. I can't even go to a funeral home I'm so afraid of death. However the nurses and the staff at the hospital talked to me and helped me to calm down and concentrate on my own healing. George, I think you're up there smiling down at me.

Catty1
05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
David {{{hugs}}}

Take good care!

Sounds like George was a really interesting person.

cyber-sibes
05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Glad to hear they found your problem early & can treat it.

Rest in peace, George.

trayi52
05-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Glad you were in the right place at the right time. I hope you are doing better now.

Sorry about your roomate, George, though, hope he had a smooth passing.

Anyway, glad you are out of the hospital, David.

Willie :)

carole
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
David i am sorry to hear about the passing of george, yep sure is not a nice feeling, and also hearing about your trip to the hospital, i too am glad you were there being looked after well, take care my dear friend, i am thinking of you .

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I have to take Coumadin which is a blood thinning medicine.
I'll probably have to be on it for life.

:eek:
Coumadin is kinda nasty - requires frequent blood tests - which are a *pain*.
Ask Heart Doc if there isn't another medication you could take that would have
less side effects, and possibly be cheaper.

And how about instructing you Brothers to call or E-mail a Pet Talk Buddy if
something like this ever happens again. :eek:
There's no good reason that we shouldn't have heard about your hospital stay -
we could have sent you a Card or some wilted posies.

Take a stab at doing what the Doc says to do ...
but be warned - HIS list of what you otta eat bears no resemblance to
what YOU think tastes good. :p :mad:

Glad you're back!
;)

davidpizzica
05-12-2007, 07:26 AM
:eek:
Coumadin is kinda nasty - requires frequent blood tests - which are a *pain*.
Ask Heart Doc if there isn't another medication you could take that would have
less side effects, and possibly be cheaper.

And how about instructing you Brothers to call or E-mail a Pet Talk Buddy if
something like this ever happens again. :eek:
There's no good reason that we shouldn't have heard about your hospital stay -
we could have sent you a Card or some wilted posies.

Take a stab at doing what the Doc says to do ...
but be warned - HIS list of what you otta eat bears no resemblance to
what YOU think tastes good. :p :mad:

Glad you're back!
;)
Phred, I'm already on a diabetic diet which is no fun. and with coumadin I have to watch foods rich in vitamin K because vitamin K aids clotting. I've kind of left the realm of good tasting foods!

davidpizzica
05-12-2007, 07:37 AM
David i am sorry to hear about the passing of george, yep sure is not a nice feeling, and also hearing about your trip to the hospital, i too am glad you were there being looked after well, take care my dear friend, i am thinking of you .
Thank you, Carole. With the passing of George and finding out that I have another health issue to manage, it was an eventful hospital stay! I was very shaken up with his passing, but the nurses were there to reassure me and encouraged me to concentrate on my own healing.

Alysser
05-12-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry you were hospitalized again, and I'm sorry you had to see your room-mate die. That must have been frightening and so sad. I hope you're better.

Ginger's Mom
05-12-2007, 08:51 AM
What a very scary experience. I hope that you now have a better handle on your health issues and can continue to improve.

RIP George.

Dorothy39
05-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh , DavidP, I did notice that you hadn't posted lately~

(Yeah, I notice stuff like that)

I'm so glad to learn that you are alright my Friend, you had a routine check up that sent you to Oz :eek:

and

I''m so very sorry that you experienced the death of your room mate, George :( That just had to be soooo hard , {{{HUGS}}}

I'm thinking of you DavidP, Atrial Fribrillation and all~( oh Lordy, those blood tests)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Goodness David. I'm glad they found your condition and it's treatable. Poor George! Just think though what a blessing you were to him on his last day on earth. He wasn't lonely and that means a lot, believe me!

I don't believe in coincidences. I think you were sent there at that time to be with him.

davidpizzica
05-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh , DavidP, I did notice that you hadn't posted lately~

(Yeah, I notice stuff like that)

I'm so glad to learn that you are alright my Friend, you had a routine check up that sent you to Oz :eek:

and

I''m so very sorry that you experienced the death of your room mate, George :( That just had to be soooo hard , {{{HUGS}}}

I'm thinking of you DavidP, Atrial Fribrillation and all~( oh Lordy, those blood tests)
Dorothy, I'll be up to my veins in bloodwork! Do you think the wizard can give me strong veins?? The bloodwork starts monday!

davidpizzica
05-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Goodness David. I'm glad they found your condition and it's treatable. Poor George! Just think though what a blessing you were to him on his last day on earth. He wasn't lonely and that means a lot, believe me!

I don't believe in coincidences. I think you were sent there at that time to be with him.
I haven't thought of it that way Connie, but you're so right. A hospital room can be a lonely place and so you talk with your roommate and get to know him. I just had the one day to talk with him, but I felt I knew George a little more than just a roommate in a hospital room. Connie, I can get pretty emotional anyhow ( I tear up watching Bambi!) so it was an emotional( and scary!) moment to go through. Now I have a lot of blood work staring me in the face er.. veins!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I haven't thought of it that way Connie, but you're so right. A hospital room can be a lonely place and so you talk with your roommate and get to know him. I just had the one day to talk with him, but I felt I knew George a little more than just a roommate in a hospital room. Connie, I can get pretty emotional anyhow ( I tear up watching Bambi!) so it was an emotional( and scary!) moment to go through. Now I have a lot of blood work staring me in the face er.. veins!
I'll be keeping you in my prayers and asking for extra guardian angels to be with you.

Doesn't EVERYONE tear up wathching Bambi? I refuse to ever watch it again for that reason. ;)

Dorothy39
05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
DavidP, Why, I'm sure the Wizard will give you some Strong Veins, We've come this far, and there's no turning back you know!!!!

Why, The Wizard gave you a Heart, didn't he? and I can still hear it "Ticking" !!!! :cool:
~~~~~~~~~~~
My older Sister had to haul me out of the Movie House when I watched "Bambi" :eek: :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Oz~~? To Oz~~~

We're off to see the Wizard--------(On Monday) ;)